Page 27 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That Demonic remains idea would actually be pretty sick lol. It looks like we are getting pushed towards using drain life though from what I'm gathering.

Deleted
    What's the maximum crits of Cataclysm you guys get during raid testing? Just asking, because with double trinket proccs, pot, dark soul and metamorphosis I "only" crit for about 350k and I've read of much higher numbers.. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I think it varies a lot depending on which trinkets you have available because with the premade characters they are just average trinkets without a very high top end so it's going to skew things a bit compared to copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    What's the maximum crits of Cataclysm you guys get during raid testing? Just asking, because with double trinket proccs, pot, dark soul and metamorphosis I "only" crit for about 350k and I've read of much higher numbers.. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I've crit'd for over 600k with cata playing demo.

they are using upscaled gear from SoO and synergy/double trinket/dark soul/meta + something extra i forgot

Yeah that's something that should keep in mind if you are testing in raids and you want to check your dps. You should honestly test with the premade 100lvl char your damage. I can't find reason to do these tests with full mythic SoO BiS gear and Dragonwrath, they most likely are (and should be) useless when WoD goes live and you reach the 100lvl and pre raid gear. Sorry to be a party pooper

Sure, if you are really just focusing on mechanics and not on your dps, then the gear you use doesn't really matter. But sure, some of the old trinkets, weapons and set bonuses sure will do something funny and increase your dps

Very true Kittyburger ^^

Post more constructively. "Agreed", "+1", or posts like yours add nothing to a discussion, and we'd like to encourage posters to post more constructively than this.

- Alarinth
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-08-08 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyburger View Post
    Yeah that's something that should keep in mind if you are testing in raids and you want to check your dps. You should honestly test with the premade 100lvl char your damage. I can't find reason to do these tests with full mythic SoO BiS gear and Dragonwrath, they most likely are (and should be) useless when WoD goes live and you reach the 100lvl and pre raid gear. Sorry to be a party pooper

Sure, if you are really just focusing on mechanics and not on your dps, then the gear you use doesn't really matter. But sure, some of the old trinkets, weapons and set bonuses sure will do something funny and increase your dps
    Found on Brackenspore last night that more DPS would have been useful to see more phases, seems to scale really badly for small groups. Got Flamethrower bitch duty to, for which Fel Flame would have been just so, so nice... so much running around :<

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Found on Brackenspore last night that more DPS would have been useful to see more phases, seems to scale really badly for small groups. Got Flamethrower bitch duty to, for which Fel Flame would have been just so, so nice... so much running around :<
    even with fel flame you would have done nothing. On this duty wether you have it or not it's the same, you're always moving and you're not always facing the boss.fel flame is nice to have for light or medium movement, but not for very high like this duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    even with fel flame you would have done nothing. On this duty wether you have it or not it's the same, you're always moving and you're not always facing the boss.fel flame is nice to have for light or medium movement, but not for very high like this duty.
    Feels better to be doing something than nothing, at the very least it gives me a Fury income.

Found demo to be really good on the brackenspore boss last night, having the adds + boss tanked together and using cataclysm every minute with dark soul + trinket. Using premade level 100 pvp gear. Hand of guldan too ofc cleaving onto the add + boss its almost perfect conditions.

On the last boss demo seemed okay but didnt really shine out, my god is it tempting to do 450k cataclysms on the pack of adds that spawn in the 1st and 2nd intermission, really have to force yourself to use on Mages/reaver. With the strat we were using there was alot of movement, I think maybe I should have ran with KJC in retrospect, demonic leap , demonic circle both gear abilties for getting in/out with the debuff or jumping through the force nova.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Anyone else having trouble with the defualt UI updating Dark Soul CD/Charges with the Glyph or AD or Both. I was getting really frustrated seeing 2 charges available and getting told "that ability isn't ready yet" during raid tests yesterday. I honestly had no clue when it was up half the time and resorted to just randomly pressing it whenever I entered Demo.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I prefered Demo for the last boss in Highmaul purely for Demonic Leap and being able to ToC while moving. Seems like I'm doing a lot better with Demo overall simply because of the movement I've run into during the raids I could test.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Found demo to be really good on the brackenspore boss last night, having the adds + boss tanked together and using cataclysm every minute with dark soul + trinket. Using premade level 100 pvp gear. Hand of guldan too ofc cleaving onto the add + boss its almost perfect conditions.

On the last boss demo seemed okay but didnt really shine out, my god is it tempting to do 450k cataclysms on the pack of adds that spawn in the 1st and 2nd intermission, really have to force yourself to use on Mages/reaver. With the strat we were using there was alot of movement, I think maybe I should have ran with KJC in retrospect, demonic leap , demonic circle both gear abilties for getting in/out with the debuff or jumping through the force nova.
    Ya I came across the same issue on the last boss but I did Cataclysm the adds just didn't do it superpowered and still did a considerable amount of damage to them helping the tanks + melee assigned to them.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with the defualt UI updating Dark Soul CD/Charges with the Glyph or AD or Both. I was getting really frustrated seeing 2 charges available and getting told "that ability isn't ready yet" during raid tests yesterday. I honestly had no clue when it was up half the time and resorted to just randomly pressing it whenever I entered Demo.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I prefered Demo for the last boss in Highmaul purely for Demonic Leap and being able to ToC while moving. Seems like I'm doing a lot better with Demo overall simply because of the movement I've run into during the raids I could test.
    Apart from the CD numbers not updating properly after a wipe, never had any probleam with the stacks

Which glyph on live turns into the Dark Soul glyph ? Before this latest wipe, I had it on the beta, and this time I don't.

Is there a beta glyph vendor somewhere ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Which glyph on live turns into the Dark Soul glyph ? Before this latest wipe, I had it on the beta, and this time I don't.

Is there a beta glyph vendor somewhere ?
    I have all the glyphs on live and still don't have the Dark Soul glyph on a character copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I have all the glyphs on live and still don't have the Dark Soul glyph on a character copy.
    Oh, maybe I'm mistaken then ... maybe it's that I had it on premades but not my copy ? Will have to check later
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Oh, maybe I'm mistaken then ... maybe it's that I had it on premades but not my copy ? Will have to check later
    Nah I'm fairly certain it was in on my copy last time as well. Would actually like to have it now though since lining Cataclysm with DS is pretty much 100% necessary in it's current state.

level 90's dont have it cause its one of those new glyphs that have to be reserched by inscriptors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I decided what needs to happen.

- Replace Cataclysm the talent with something truly passive.
    - Make Cataclysm baseline for Demo as a centrepiece for ranged AoE rotation.