Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    seems hard to play, and would suck since we have no haste, and we would be alot more in caster form
    Harder play=more dps hopefully, and its a pretty original talent. Also with the talent you can make your aoe pretty damaging and bursty without needing to service felguard, immolation aura, HOG and mannaroth if you choose it.
    You plan ahead and reap the rewards if you do it properly.

Did just wake up:< sorry if its hard to read or understand.

Drain life looks pretty cool with harvest talent tho(and glyph). It might let us sustain ourselves without healers caring about us much, even at higher raid. And also dmg looks fine, while obviously a bit weaker than SB
    I sincerely hope I can use it without feeling like a troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia123 View Post
    Drain life looks pretty cool with harvest talent tho(and glyph). It might let us sustain ourselves without healers caring about us much, even at higher raid. And also dmg looks fine, while obviously a bit weaker than SB
    I sincerely hope I can use it without feeling like a troll
    Wont it benefit affli most since dots do most of your dmg currently? I mean so you can afford to heal up a little bit till the healers can help you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Wont it benefit affli most since dots do most of your dmg currently? I mean so you can afford to heal up a little bit till the healers can help you out.
    DL isn't affected by Affs Mastery so it's probably actually weaker than it is for Demo. It's actually not a horrible heal with Glyph, but I'd question whether you'd really get enough use out of it to justify the Glyph, and especially the talent. It's not something you'll cast more than once in a fight, and even there, not even close to every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    DL isn't affected by Affs Mastery so it's probably actually weaker than it is for Demo. It's actually not a horrible heal with Glyph, but I'd question whether you'd really get enough use out of it to justify the Glyph, and especially the talent. It's not something you'll cast more than once in a fight, and even there, not even close to every fight.
    I don't think dps-wise DL with talent isn't that weaker than SB tho, while obviously giving you quite a heal. So while I don't have MC buff, it may be good to spam DL especially when there's a constant amount of dmg done to me. Obviously a bit of dps loss, but with a lot more sustainability than just SB.
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's just one of those hypothetical situations that happens once per expansion when you fuck up and land on 1k health instead of actually dying. You don't spend a talent point and a glyph slot on those.

edit. nothing to see here move along
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2014-08-14 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    edit. nothing to see here move along
    Clarified? That's sad

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's just one of those hypothetical situations that happens once per expansion when you fuck up and land on 1k health instead of actually dying. You don't spend a talent point and a glyph slot on those.
    I think they just don't want to sit there slooooooowly casting Shadowbolt and are trying to justify an alternative. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Tooltip on wowhead is different, with that DL has a slightly lower DPET. Talented it would be a clear winner on DPET, however. So Beta spell coefficients are completely out of whack, such surprises. Expect it to get fixed in the coming numbers pass.

Tooltip on wowhead is different, with that DL has a slightly lower DPET. Talented it would be a clear winner on DPET, however. So Beta spell coefficients are completely out of whack, such surprises. Expect it to get fixed in the coming numbers pass.
    Ha, that clearly shows that SB is such a garbage Hope they buff SB, not nerf DL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    I think they just don't want to sit there slooooooowly casting Shadowbolt and are trying to justify an alternative. ^^
    I think that's ether a result of testing dummies, or just pure thought experiments moreso than actually playing the spec, there's normally enough going on in real encounters that real-time standing there casting SBs isn't that much, and is necessary to give you opportunity to focus on everything else. You really couldn't play the spec if everything was going at 100 miles an hour like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, that clearly shows that SB is such a garbage Hope they buff SB, not nerf DL
    Likely a bit of both. DL won't end up your filler.

I think that's ether a result of testing dummies, or just pure thought experiments moreso than actually playing the spec, there's normally enough going on in real encounters that real-time standing there casting SBs isn't that much, and is necessary to give you opportunity to focus on everything else. You really couldn't play the spec if everything was going at 100 miles an hour like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Likely a bit of both. DL won't end up your filler.
    Hmmm..... well I also PvP as well, and if HLDL is 'slightly' weaker than casting SB, I'll end up casting DL at PvP, which is actually more fun. For raid? Well..... we'll see

Clarified? That's sad
    Nah, thats just me, wrong post.
    Yeah it's 350% and it will be even more dmg with a talent, but last time i checked dmg bonus on the talent did nothing. also sb procs imps every 20s(well, as well sf, toc ofc). but i guess they will make DL do less dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Nah, thats just me, wrong post.
    Yeah it's 350% and it will be even more dmg with a talent, but last time i checked dmg bonus on the talent did nothing. also sb procs imps every 20s(well, as well sf, toc ofc). but i guess they will make DL do less dmg.
    Ah okay then I can at least guess that it will be worth casting at PvP, which isn't so bad. Hope it's worth the filler at raid(for certain conditions) when you choose HL talent as well, but maybe I am wanting too much

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay then I can at least guess that it will be worth casting at PvP, which isn't so bad. Hope it's worth the filler at raid(for certain conditions) when you choose HL talent as well, but maybe I am wanting too much
    If there's a point in raid encounter where you take so much damage that it's necessary, everyone will be taking it, so they might as well just replace you with another Mage for Amplify Magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most appealing thing about a channeled filler would be getting Fury on a per-tick basis. Canceling a long all/nothing generator like SB for whatever reason (or target dying Too Soon™) is frustrating when you're already dry on Fury.

It's not needed, no, but the flexibility is an appealing concept. Same as a faster, smaller SB. I'm hardly advocating any changes (SB has a place in the pacing of the spec's rotation style and MC/Meta contrast), just saying. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    There's merit in that outlook, and as an effective replacement for Fel Flame in those specific niches it could work. Again, it's not something I feel there's many situations where you'd really take the talent to back it up if you're really only using it because you'd clip SB otherwise. More generally, it does work better with the larger healthpools, but you'd still need to be using it an awful lot to get the same EH as you'd get from Soul Leech.

Deleted
    There's merit in that outlook, and as an effective replacement for Fel Flame in those specific niches it could work. Again, it's not something I feel there's many situations where you'd really take the talent to back it up if you're really only using it because you'd clip SB otherwise. More generally, it does work better with the larger healthpools, but you'd still need to be using it an awful lot to get the same EH as you'd get from Soul Leech.
    I find soul leech to be fairly useless in some fights tbh, for example in thok, since the whole raid is taking aoe dmg, healers are using raid heals and since most of the time I'm using SL+Unending resolve glyph (I don't like the other one for thok tbh, playing demo I can easily fit spells in between roars), I barelly lose hpif I'm using it, in fact somethings I see myself forced to life tap just so we can transition to fixate phase.

Soul leech is only actually good when you expect to take diferent amount of dmg compared to other, for example in sha, healers often leave me with the mark of arrogance until it stack to 2 (this was in a flex boosting half a raid, incruding both healers), in protectors is eases the healing I need if I get a garote, in iron juggernaut.... yep I always pop meta just to take a mine (10m nm) then circle back down. That's when soul leech actually shines, on most other fights it's also a good option for needing genracly less healing if you tank a mechanic.

Drain life is more for fight you might end up out of healer range (sometimes cuz they're dead....), or take burst single target dmg.(it also allows me to off-tank if one of tank dies, ive had that happen in norushen and klaxxi, alas DH is removed in WoD T.T)

Not in the beta but seeing how the dps scalled down a lot more than the hp, drain life should come out as the better choice more often, especially seeing how healing is changes, one warlock could just say (forget about me, I handle myself) and that helps the healers with minimal dps loss (same as why I always pop twilight ward at every calamity and whirlwind corruption)
    Last edited by mmoc2b95091929; 2014-08-14 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chynonm View Post
    I find soul leech to be fairly useless in some fights tbh, for example in thok, since the whole raid is taking aoe dmg, healers are using raid heals and since most of the time I'm using SL+Unending resolve glyph (I don't like the other one for thok tbh, playing demo I can easily fit spells in between roars), I barelly lose hpif I'm using it, in fact somethings I see myself forced to life tap just so we can transition to fixate phase.

Soul leech is only actually good when you expect to take diferent amount of dmg compared to other, for example in sha, healers often leave me with the mark of arrogance until it stack to 2 (this was in a flex boosting half a raid, incruding both healers), in protectors is eases the healing I need if I get a garote, in iron juggernaut.... yep I always pop meta just to take a mine (10m nm) then circle back down. That's when soul leech actually shines, on most other fights it's also a good option for needing genracly less healing if you tank a mechanic.

Drain life is more for fight you might end up out of healer range (sometimes cuz they're dead....), or take burst single target dmg.(it also allows me to off-tank if one of tank dies, ive had that happen in norushen and klaxxi, alas DH is removed in WoD T.T)

Not in the beta but seeing how the dps scalled down a lot more than the hp, drain life should come out as the better choice more often, especially seeing how healing is changes, one warlock could just say (forget about me, I handle myself) and that helps the healers with minimal dps loss (same as why I always pop twilight ward at every calamity and whirlwind corruption)
    I love self-sustainability

Actually I hate healers(maybe because I PvP as well?) and I want to be as independent from them as possible. If DL end up being a minor DPS loss with talent, then I might actually take it, and be free of healers Since we've got much less dmg and much more health, I think it will be superior to Soul Leech in pure sustainability perspective. And the change in healing system which makes healers much harder to heal you back to 100%, they might favor me doing it as well. If I can put out a decent amount of dps by DL(though obviously it won't be higher than SB. And yes, I'm no min-maxer), I'll prefer DL to SB

- - - Updated - - -

Though of course there are problems like when you are in Meta, or when boss health is below 20%. In that case..... I'll have to be 'flexible'