Page 65 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    Specifically its DB, demo itself isn't that overpowered.

Wild imps damage seemed to have drastically fell, but i guess the bug was really increasing those buggards.
    overall, i think they should bring up pets/guardians a smidge (wild imps, doomguard and main pet should = 35% of damage)
    lvl 75 talents are about 5% damage which is great but the lvl 100 talents swing too much.
    5-10% damage from the lvl 100 would be uptimal
    I feel like a lot of the damage is in the right place, but DB and Hand of Gul'dan will get nerfed. Hand of Gul'dan either directly or indirectly via a nerf to the set-bonus. On a fight like Brackenspore, Demonology is going to rip faces with 2-stacks Hand of Gul'dan on 2 targets with the retarded uptime. Not that I would mind personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    That's great news zhorkul. Also, I just got a beta invite this morning xD
    Still, Deafpony, if you want to hit dummies you could me do a favor and generate and upload logs. See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...(we-need-logs) for instructions.
    Of course, forgot about that thread. Will try to get some testing done later.

Well it looks like warlocks got a few buffs with this latest patch:

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    •Shadow Bolt now does 105% of Spell Power damage, up from 53%.

Talents
    •Demonbolt now does 375% of Spell Power damage, up from 150%.

Demonology
    •Hand of Gul'dan (Affliction, Destruction) now does 614 + 137.6% of Spell Power damage, up from 614 + 68.8% of Spell Power. Chaos Wave now scales with 210% of Spell Power, up from 105%.
    •Soul Fire now does 68% of Spell Power damage, up from 34%.

And that's great and all, thanks blizzard.... except demonology STILL is terrible dps-wise even after these changes according to Sim logs. Atleast demonology can out dps a warrior tank now.... I really hope Blizzard has more "fixes" on the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

Talents

Demonology
    •Hand of Gul'dan (Affliction, Destruction) now does 614 + 137.6% of Spell Power damage, up from 614 + 68.8% of Spell Power. Chaos Wave now scales with 210% of Spell Power, up from 105%.

And that's great and all, thanks blizzard.... except demonology STILL is terrible dps-wise even after these changes according to Sim logs. Atleast demonology can out dps a warrior tank now.... I really hope Blizzard has more "fixes" on the way.
    Good Morning. =P

DMG is fine but the Gameplay is very bad with 2P

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post

Talents

Demonology

Don't look at the sim logs. The simulation is made with cataclysm,you juste have a buff for shadow bolt damage, soul fire and HoG. but if you look closer, they spam touch of chaos in demonform and not soul fire. If you take demonbolt and play the right rotation,demo is just the best single target spec. and with t17 bonus working, it's even more overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    Don't look at the sim logs. The simulation is made with cataclysm,you juste have a buff for shadow bolt damage, soul fire and HoG. but if you look closer, they spam touch of chaos in demonform and not soul fire. If you take demonbolt and play the right rotation,demo is just the best single target spec. and with t17 bonus working, it's even more overpowered.
    Oh they weren't using demonbolt eh? Well that is more reassuring then perhaps there is potential viability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhorkul View Post
    Good Morning. =P

DMG is fine but the Gameplay is very bad with 2P

too many HoGs? no time to cast them all?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Seems like people are already complaining about Demonbolt in PvP. Expect some nerfs to it, since they always cave in with QQ's against warlocks. And I think the damage is a bit much. However, I hope Chaos Wave remains the same, as well as HoG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    too many HoGs? no time to cast them all?
    It is simply flooded with HOG.
    An other 2P is much better i think they will nerf HoG because dmg is to high and the problem is the Setboni not the ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Seems like people are already complaining about Demonbolt in PvP. Expect some nerfs to it, since they always cave in with QQ's against warlocks. And I think the damage is a bit much. However, I hope Chaos Wave remains the same, as well as HoG.
    If they interrupt your Demonbolt, you're Chaos Locked, you can't even swing your staff at them. Why the fuck are people are complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If they interrupt your Demonbolt, you're Chaos Locked, you can't even swing your staff at them. Why the fuck are people are complaining?
    >interrupt
    >wow playerbase
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ziharkk View Post
    >interrupt
    >wow playerbase
    >but mooooooooooooooooooom, the warloooooooccccckkkkkkksssss. Thhhhhhey are soooooooo op.

edit: god damn it forum stop stealing my caps :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zhorkul View Post
    It is simply flooded with HOG.
    An other 2P is much better i think they will nerf HoG because dmg is to high and the problem is the Setboni not the ability.
    The 2 set is just fine I think. I am partially biased though because I've always wanted 100% uptime on hog. I used to love the complexity of dragon soul demo. Besides you shouldn't be having an overwhelming amount of HoGs if you use the right. The 2pc is great if you ask me. I love it.

I'm also a fan of the 2p conceptually, but it's entirely possible I'm being influenced by the fact that it's just nice to have more to do, even if it's mindless. New Aff and Destro are rotting my brain with their monotony.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Yeah I love it, it feels great and has amazing potential if played well.

I will say in aoe situations it leaves me kinda not sure what I want to do, but demos aoe has always been super clunky as shit so that's not a new feeling.

Another new build going up today, wait for the nerfs before we've had chance to test the buffs!

On a side note, the latest simcraft results still show Demo pretty low compared to other DPS, although it looks like they're using Cataclysm and not Demonbolt?

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/raid-9-18-14.html
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

The 2P bonus is interesting in that it "fixes" demo AoE, with HoG/CW becoming the spammable AoE skills that we were lacking so far. It also gives corruption more of an use, since its damage was nerfed so many times now.

I imagine it will be toned down in some way, though. It's pretty much UVLS all over again the way it is right now.
    Last edited by Nyang; 2014-09-18 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Another new build going up today, wait for the nerfs before we've had chance to test the buffs!

On a side note, the latest simcraft results still show Demo pretty low compared to other DPS, although it looks like they're using Cataclysm and not Demonbolt?

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/raid-9-18-14.html
    It's also not using Soul Fire ahead of ToC in the APL, even though SF is the clear winner now.

There are also no set bonuses for any of the specs, as far as I can tell.

Finally, I wanted to bring up an unrelated point about Demon Bolt. Since DB/Cata no longer scale from 'Meta Mastery' are they worth casting under the effects of DS, or would SF/ToC be more time/DF efficient?

I ask this, because with the glyph of DS and DB, if it's more efficient to burn all of our fury on 4 DBs, then that really simplifies the rotation. With a 1 minute interval on DS, I cannot see a situation outside of execute range in which we'd have excess fury to burn in between DB/DS dump phases. Which means, we would rarely pop into Meta above execute range.

That having been said, I'm more inclined to believe that spending Fury on ToC/SF during DS is the more efficient choice, given that they benefit more from the excess mastery than DB does. Int/Synergy procs will definitely favor DB, but I feel as though for DS/mastery procs, ToC/SF will be the better option.

In 660 gear, Demonology should be simming closer to ~26k right now. I tried fixing the APL a bit, but fine-tuning it is beyond my expertise.

On a sidenote, I'm kind of worried about the beta testing tomorrow. Both Maidens and Beastlord provide great synergy with the 2-set. 2 stacks of Hand of Gul'dan permanently on 3 and 20(?) mobs respectively will give an insane amount of fury, not to mention the pure damage output of it. Might deliver some sick results resulting in a nerf.
    Last edited by Crisius; 2014-09-18 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Probably best to get the nerfs out of the way now, lest we see knee-jerk reactions a week or so into Live resulting in a broken spec...