Warriors are going to have a field day in the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Historically, melee have always been strong in the first season of the expansion; same with Holy Paladins. Both fall off as the expansion go on. Not to derail the thread but it's funny how melee retain their mobility and casters are forced to cast now. I'm perfectly fine with casters having to cast again but melee in wrath used to not move at all.

Fun times ahead!

What else is new.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anybody plays them. The Warrior community is in an uproar on current spec designs.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What else is new.
    Rogues can now CC you for 16s instead of 8, while they CC your Healer in the 8s their Clone has you o/

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Rogues can now CC you for 16s instead of 8, while they CC your Healer in the 8s their Clone has you o/
    Lol, wait, what? Clones can CC too? I thought only damage moves would be mimic'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar View Post
    If anybody plays them. The Warrior community is in an uproar on current spec designs.
    I literally have no idea why they'd be in uproar. They're absolutely dominating damage meters in PvE and with the caster changes in PvP (as in the loss of movement for all casters overall), sounds like they'll have an absolute field day with their million gap closers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I literally have no idea why they'd be in uproar. They're absolutely dominating damage meters in PvE and with the caster changes in PvP (as in the loss of movement for all casters overall), sounds like they'll have an absolute field day with their million gap closers.
    You're making that same mistake so many none Warlocks that come in here make by confusing performance with fun.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Pretty much this. Not specifically demo but I want to have at least 2 viable specs. We had a dead spec in Tier 14, Destro, and that was really dumb. If we go into WoD with 2 dead specs I don't think I will continue on my warlock. I rerolled warlock in early MoP beta because of my guilds needs (we had 0 warlocks) from my moonkin. If this ridiculousness continues I may just end up maining my moonkin again and using my warlock as my alt/pvp char.
    It's like you read my mind. I switched from Elemental Shaman because it was a turret, and "putting sticks in the ground" has become a well and truly stupid class concept. Now Demo does less DPS than tanks, Affliction is a 4-button nap, and Destruction is more of a turret than Elemental Shaman. All I want to know is what's better for WOD soloing, Enh Shaman, BrM Monk or Blood DK...
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2014-09-13 at 07:43 AM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I'm considering abandoning my warrior in favour of my warlock simply because my warrior no longer feels smooth, enjoyable or satisfying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You're making that same mistake so many none Warlocks that come in here make by confusing performance with fun.
    Nailed it.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

At least they have the upside of still being hilariously OP.

Only reason arms is such a higher performer on the mythic testing is because they made whirlwind the primary filler and they haven't done the aoe tuning yet. WW is doing 200% weapon damage. MS is doing 220% weapon damage for comparison and they cost the same amount of rage. Now couple that with more than a handful fights with multiple targets.

Once WW gets toned down, arms will be pretty bad, no worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    It's like you read my mind. I switched from Elemental Shaman because it was a turret, and "putting sticks in the ground" has become a well and truly stupid class concept. Now Demo does less DPS than tanks, Affliction is a 4-button nap, and Destruction is more of a turret than Elemental Shaman. All I want to know is what's better for WOD soloing, Enh Shaman, BrM Monk or Blood DK...
    Elemental is hillarious in Dungeons though. So many CLs going everywhere

Hope Demo gets buffed back to decent potential. It's the only thing close to old Warlock feel.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Lol, wait, what? Clones can CC too? I thought only damage moves would be mimic'd.
    It copies abilities, but they are still DRing. So Clone, Garrote, Cheap Shot.... 8s later, still CC'd. It's the main reason Casters are utterly fucked in WoD Arena, unless they nerf it before Launch. Killing Spree finisher with Clone is also quite potent. Probably gonna grab my stabby lady and level her for PvP in WoD. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts, right?
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2014-09-13 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    This is actually a really good idea. Demon bolt could be an improved version of soul fire, which replaced the baseline soul fire ability, dealing increased damage if used in metamorphosis, and/or give a temporary buff. Say, 20% increased fury generation for 8 seconds after using it.

Gameplay would be to balance usage of demon bolt during proccs for maximum damage while still keeping enough charges to keep up your fury generation.
    was already sugested several times at start of beta, fell into deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Exactly! "P"TR is up for anyone who doubts it. Make a warrior...both fury and arms are the worst designed specs ive ever played. One button wonder locks in BC had more thought in them than WoD dps wars.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Can any one link the latest blue post admitting that the demo nurf was too much and that the spec will get buffed DPS wise?

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Exactly! "P"TR is up for anyone who doubts it. Make a warrior...both fury and arms are the worst designed specs ive ever played. One button wonder locks in BC had more thought in them than WoD dps wars.
    Just because Warriors aren't fun it doesn't mean other classes should be the same way. Rather than arguing against warlocks due to warriors you should be arguing with us that specs like that need to change. You have Fury/Arms which are just horrible specs right now (play-style wise)...we have affliction and destro (outside of Demo tuning I think it is a fun spec as it requires you to do more than just apply dots and cast spells, you actually need to manage fury properly). We are in the same boat..shitty shit is shit.

Nobody here is saying that "Oh, Warlocks are the only class that suck.", we are saying "Our class needs to be fixed, not only our class, but our class is one that has issues."

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Can any one link the latest blue post admitting that the demo nurf was too much and that the spec will get buffed DPS wise?
    Was there one? There was a Tweet from Celestalon saying that demo will be fine once the bug in it is found and fixed.

It was a tweet, yes. There hasn't been an actual forum blue post on it.

It wasn't a blue post, but a tweet from Celestalon. I can't post links yet, but this is one of his recent tweets regarding demo damage:

"FYI about the Shadowbolt change: That was done a while back to get spell ratios closer to right. Demo damage still will come back up."

On a side note not directed to anyone specifically:

It must be pretty frustrating for the developers during beta with all of this "sky is falling" stuff coming from the community. They explicitly stated that nerfs are not a bad thing and they are tuning and changing things quite often. It's not like this is a final set in stone live build where warlocks are awful until next patch (or a hotfix). Maybe the playstyle won't be what we are hoping for, but the good news is that there are 3 warlocks specs and even different classes that we can choose from if we're not having fun with one spec or class.

I agree it does suck if you've been playing a warlock for a long time and all of a sudden it feels like your class is underperforming or not fun, but have some faith in the developers - they play the game too. The devs are trying their best to make changes in order to balance every class so please have some patience. It's called beta testing for a reason! I know WoW is going to continue to be my favorite game next expansion regardless of the state of my favorite class. I'll find a way to have fun and compete to top damage meters in mythic while doing it. WoW has come a long way since vanilla and IMO it's still getting better.