Page 39 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I saw him answer that question before this current build saying it was fixed in their build. Then it went in broken again.

The good news is we're still pretty damned competitive while being bugged to shit.
    That's why he said that Demo was fairly OP and aff a little OP right now.. so nerfs ahead.
    On single target i don't find that warlocks are op , but when there is more than 1 target it's a damage fest with any spec we have, only aff is shit on aoe fights.

Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    That's why he said that Demo was fairly OP and aff a little OP right now.. so nerfs ahead.
    On single target i don't find that warlocks are op , but when there is more than 1 target it's a damage fest with any spec we have, only aff is shit on aoe fights.
    The AoE pass hasn't happened yet. The pass they just did was tweaks to single target. There will be more of those to come and an AoE number pass as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The AoE pass hasn't happened yet. The pass they just did was tweaks to single target. There will be more of those to come and an AoE number pass as well.
    No he said that demo and aff are still OP SINGLE target. I know that aoe pass will happen, and we will only see nerfs around there. But there will also be nerfs for single target for us.

baby, call me julio verner and nerf me to the core of the earth!1

10+ Year Old Account
    No he said that demo and aff are still OP SINGLE target. I know that aoe pass will happen, and we will only see nerfs around there. But there will also be nerfs for single target for us.
    There won't be buffs or nerfs until they have the rotation actually working properly, which it currently isn't due to the mass of bugs we have that need fixing. That's why we're overpowered both ST and AoE; we're straight up broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There won't be buffs or nerfs until they have the rotation actually working properly, which it currently isn't due to the mass of bugs we have that need fixing. That's why we're overpowered both ST and AoE; we're straight up broken.
    Aff is not broken single target, it's the easiest rotation, nothing is bugging, everything work properly, i was competing with demo warlocks as aff single target wise, so yeah maybe a little OP. If demo wasn't broken ( fel imp bug, doombolt shit design, and cataclysm costing fury for dooms ) it will be even more OP, so yeah they will nerf even if they don't fix the bugs.

Aff is not broken single target, it's the easiest rotation, nothing is bugging, everything work properly, i was competing with demo warlocks as aff single target wise, so yeah maybe a little OP. If demo wasn't broken ( fel imp bug, doombolt shit design, and cataclysm costing fury for dooms ) it will be even more OP, so yeah they will nerf even if they don't fix the bugs.
    That's not true Affliction had several bugs but they were all spells not doing proper damage based off % modifiers. I haven't checked this build but they have been there for a while. I'll likely check in the next build when numbers get changed and I have to dig into combat logs then anyways.

Plus they said this phase of beta was to fix obvious bugs so I'll be rechecking my lists soon.

As for Celestalon saying they fixed Imps he was simply referring to them spawning from Doom crits which is fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just linked and posted a Twitter conversation with Celestalon on the last page where he explains the situation with Demo's balance, that it's going to take a couple of builds to set it right because of the change they made to Mastery.

Gahddo's posted a few issues he's found with Affliction too, so I don't think it's out of the woods yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I just linked and posted a Twitter conversation with Celestalon on the last page where he explains the situation with Demo's balance, that it's going to take a couple of builds to set it right because of the change they made to Mastery.

Gahddo's posted a few issues he's found with Affliction too, so I don't think it's out of the woods yet either.
    Drain soul's copied dots are not taking the 20% damage from soulburn haunt but just the 15%, that's it for aff, and if they fix it aff is gonna do even more damage on single target. All i'm saying, is that the bugs they will fix is just gonna make us even more powerfull ( demo or aff) , it's not gonna nerf us. That's why i told you they are gonna nerf us next build.
    Fel imp bug is that they do nothing when you go out of combat and when you go back. I never spoke of a Doom bug, which I know is fixed, Jessica said it and I saw her discussion with celestalon that's why i'm having this discussion, I read everything.

Can somebody explain me why blizz has nerfed sf? It makes literally no sense, since sf is now not worth casting even in caster form ...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Can somebody explain me why blizz has nerfed sf? It makes literally no sense, since sf is now not worth casting even in caster form ...
    Blizzard Logic ?

They Up Affliction previous build and renerf it on this one ?

And they nerf HS to the ground...

They already said things were going to look really messed up for demo in the next build if not one or more after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    You really need to read Jessicka's twitter conversation in post #756 on the other page. Basically Blue confirmation that demo's caster mastery was bugged in the last build and was only applying to nature damage. The next few builds are going to look rocky as bugs get fixed/broken again with number tuning.

Applying this knowledge further if demo is doing high damage without it's caster mastery working, the sky wont fall if they turn some knobs down AND fix our caster mastery bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's honestly best to just close your eyes and not really think about numbers for a couple builds IMO, at least until a dev confirms they feel Demo is stable again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. It's beta.

Is it Demo time?

Hey guys,

So I've been playing a warlock off and on since Wrath. I started out with Affliction back in the bag-of-shard days and have played mostly destruction for the last couple years.

Although the fine tuning for WoD is still underway, things seem to be shaping up in a way that makes Demo a potentially viable raiding spec for 6.0. This got me to thinking that maybe it's time to give it a whirl on the beta but the problem I'm running into is that I don't really know the spec at all and all the guides out there (such as icy veins, these forums, etc) are still aimed at 5.4.

This makes sense since we don't know what the optimal rotation will be yet, but I'm wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about how the rotation is shaping up so far in beta? Is it more-or-less the same as live? Is it totally different? I read somewhere that demon-dancing is going away?

Any thoughts (or links) on a basic rotation philosophy for the beta would be greatly appreciated as I dip my toes in.

Cheers!

Moved your thread to our dedicated Demonology Beta discussion thread, please check these threads for future reference.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-08-22 at 03:01 AM.

Did anyone check out the 2pc and 4pc t17 set bonuses? 2pc looks like a good bonus and the 4pc looks really cool, but it's vague so I'm very curious as to what it does. A 50% chance on 3 charges of HoG makes it seem like it should be proccing a lot so the effect probably isn't too high in damage, but it should add up.

2pc:
    Hand of Gul'dan now has 1 additional maximum charge, and Corruption has a 10% chance to generate 1 charge of Hand of Gul'dan when dealing damage.
    4pc:
    Hand of Gul'dan has a 50% chance empower your inner demon, temporarily bringing your Metamorphosis form out even while you are not transformed.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odoylerules View Post
    Hey guys,

So I've been playing a warlock off and on since Wrath. I started out with Affliction back in the bag-of-shard days and have played mostly destruction for the last couple years.

Although the fine tuning for WoD is still underway, things seem to be shaping up in a way that makes Demo a potentially viable raiding spec for 6.0. This got me to thinking that maybe it's time to give it a whirl on the beta but the problem I'm running into is that I don't really know the spec at all and all the guides out there (such as icy veins, these forums, etc) are still aimed at 5.4.

This makes sense since we don't know what the optimal rotation will be yet, but I'm wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about how the rotation is shaping up so far in beta? Is it more-or-less the same as live? Is it totally different? I read somewhere that demon-dancing is going away?

Any thoughts (or links) on a basic rotation philosophy for the beta would be greatly appreciated as I dip my toes in.

Cheers!
    Added the response you were responding to in a quote for clarity. - Alarinth

O'Doyle, I've got a feeling your whole family's going down.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-08-22 at 03:00 AM.

Mastery I can understand, but why SF? Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    *WOW-Killer, a mythological MMO which would pull 7 million players away from WOW. As of yet no MMO has been worthy of this title. Some feel it will be heralded by a star in the East and 3 wise nerds.

I'm glad to see our Mastery is being nerfed. That's fun. And it obviously makes sense to nerf Soul Fire when Touch of Chaos out performs it.