Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    still waiting for them to give us back carrion swarm, I'm not sure about the rest of you but it was a great utility spell during pve gameplay. I used it a ton and am not sure why they don't want warlocks to have a simple knockback when they gave it to hunters through a glyph.
    Blizzard wanted all classes to get roughly the same number of CC abilities (and they didn't GIVE hunters OUR knockback, because that glyph has existed for a long while now), and specifically to reduce the overall number of CC through the entire game as part of game-wide campaign of PVP disarmament... so while i miss Carrion Swarm it's probably never ever ever gonna come back...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    While I enjoy RNG and meta dancing, sometimes I'd like more predictability and control, and that's why I would've had enjoyed the option to run petless demo with a fixed increased regen.
    yes yes yes
    we ALL want to have our cake and eat it too
    but that's just not how the world works
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    yes yes yes
    we ALL want to have our cake and eat it too
    but that's just not how the world works
    Passive Fury generation in combat just isn't going to happen, it'd be absurd on the many, many fights with downtime. Most you could hope for would be an increase from Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, Imps, to make sure any benefit remained single target only.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Blizzard wanted all classes to get roughly the same number of CC abilities (and they didn't GIVE hunters OUR knockback, because that glyph has existed for a long while now), and specifically to reduce the overall number of CC through the entire game as part of game-wide campaign of PVP disarmament... so while i miss Carrion Swarm it's probably never ever ever gonna come back...

    - - - Updated - - -
    yeah it did exist for awhile back in wrath, then it was removed then added back again in MoP. Also blizzard gives every class their abilities so how did they specifically not give hunters that glyph?Anyways I'd be glad just to have carrion swarm back as a cosmetic spell through a glyph like rain of frogs or something. because although it is a useful ability I personally like it for class flavor.

  4. #364
    Grimoire of Synergy is not an exclusive buff for the pet or the caster at any given time both can be active. It also only appears to be a buff for our permanent pets so nothing imps can proc or gain a benefit from. Imps should still be scaling from mastery tho like they were in earlier builds.

    The new Molten Core perk makes Soul Fire cost 64 and around 1.6s cast time.

    Show Bolt still blows at a 2.5 second cast.

    Servitude pets still not better than regular ones but it got a new icon from what I can tell!

  5. #365
    I love how Shadow Bolt has the same cast time as Chaos Bolt. Really makes you think.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I love how Shadow Bolt has the same cast time as Chaos Bolt. Really makes you think.
    That the CB perk is stupid, pointless and lacking imagination? Yeah.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That the CB perk is stupid, pointless and lacking imagination? Yeah.
    That and SB should really be a 2 second base cast.

  8. #368
    they'll just reduce shadow bolt's scaling by 33% if they made it a standard 2 sec cast from 3 sec and reduce its fury generations by 33% too.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    they'll just reduce shadow bolt's scaling by 33% if they made it a standard 2 sec cast from 3 sec and reduce its fury generations by 33% too.
    That would still "feel" better, imo

  10. #370
    Leave the Fury generation the same and nerf damage a little. At least then there will be a noticeable difference between ToC and Shadow Bolt making ToC feel stronger by comparison as it will be hitting harder.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That would still "feel" better, imo
    I think a 2.25 sec cast time Shadow Bolt would be a good enough feel, along with a 3 sec base cast time Soul Fire (the Molten Core perk should be a Soul Fire perk imo). I like the idea of Demonology being a slower pace, brute force caster spec, just not as slow as it is now. Caster form feels so stiff.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That the CB perk is stupid, pointless and lacking imagination? Yeah.
    Definitely should have been baseline all along. You get the feeling that some of the perks are actually being used as opportunities to correct obvious mistakes (like shouldn't Hand of Gul'dan have had an 8 yd range from the beginning?).
    Quote Originally Posted by pingdan View Post
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

  12. #372
    I think you guys are expecting a little more out of perks than they're intending to deliver. If there were no perks, what the perks do would simply be baked into the spells by default, and we would get nothing as we level. They're literally tuning changes that you get randomly, delayed over the ten levels, because that way you get stuff as you level, instead of just getting nothing.

    To reiterate: If the perk system didn't exist, you would get all of their effects anyway, but have nothing special happen when you level up. I understand if you don't care, but "leveling not feeling special" is a ridiculously common complaint.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Grimoire of Synergy is not an exclusive buff for the pet or the caster at any given time both can be active. It also only appears to be a buff for our permanent pets so nothing imps can proc or gain a benefit from. Imps should still be scaling from mastery tho like they were in earlier builds.
    To add onto this; seems to proc at an alright rate (seems to be pretty reliably proccing ~2.5 times/minute - at least with Imp+Demon Training) but not sure if the RNG-ness of it is going to hurt more than it will help, especially considering it looks like they can overlap so you actually end up with less time with the proc overall as opposed to a static CD on the proc.

    More results:
    Code:
    Imp+Demon Training + me casting only SB (2min): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=171982 -- 2.5 procs/min
    Imp+Demon Training (2min): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=171982 -- 2.5 procs/min
    Imp (No Demon Training) + me casting only SB (2min): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=171982 - 2 procs/min
    Imp (No Demon Training) (2min): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=171982 -- 2 procs/min
    Succubus + me casting SB (2min): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=171982 -- Really bad RNG on me proccing for the pet (0.5/min) and 2/min for pet to me.
    Succubus only (2min): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=171982 -- 1.5 procs/min with some really bad overlap on the 2nd and 3rd proc (3rd one proccing immediately after the 2nd)
    Felguard (+1 Felstorm) + me casting SB (2min): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=171982 -- 1 proc/min
    Felguard (+1 Felstorm) (2min): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=171982 -- 1 proc/min
    Last edited by Woz; 2014-07-26 at 01:25 PM.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    yes yes yes
    we ALL want to have our cake and eat it too
    but that's just not how the world works
    I was just sharing an idea that's very plausible and logical; try to read things better next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Passive Fury generation in combat just isn't going to happen, it'd be absurd on the many, many fights with downtime. Most you could hope for would be an increase from Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, Imps, to make sure any benefit remained single target only.
    I wasn't thinking about a constant regen (i.e. doing nothing and still getting fury). What I meant by "fixed increased regen" was obtaining more fury from our core abilities. That could have made gosac more competitive with the other talents, without it being over or underpowered with the correct tuning.
    Last edited by Taninsam; 2014-07-27 at 03:03 PM.

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I think you guys are expecting a little more out of perks than they're intending to deliver. If there were no perks, what the perks do would simply be baked into the spells by default, and we would get nothing as we level. They're literally tuning changes that you get randomly, delayed over the ten levels, because that way you get stuff as you level, instead of just getting nothing.

    To reiterate: If the perk system didn't exist, you would get all of their effects anyway, but have nothing special happen when you level up. I understand if you don't care, but "leveling not feeling special" is a ridiculously common complaint.
    Some are compensatory for changes in baseline mechanics like snapshotting, like Doom, Corruption, Nightfall, and yeah those would get baked in. But most don't really have an impact; they just seem to exist as a counterbalances to eachother to ensure rotational changes don't happen. I get that people complain that leveling doesn't feel rewarding, I just don't feel like this is a particularly rewarding system, especially if you receive late on those that ought to be baked in precisely because they're compensating for something you had the night before the server reset.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That would still "feel" better, imo
    It's been fine at 2.5s for 9 years, most of that we had to talent to bring it down to that. You cut it down, and the next thing you know everyones up in arms because Haste scales to badly or you have so much haste that you're GCD capping your main filler, or Soul Fire doesn't feel different enough from Shadowbolt so what's the point...

  16. #376
    So a few question for you beta testers:

    Imp swarm working yet? Intended removal?

    I think in data mined stuff I saw a change to the molten core perk- anyone know more about this?


    Found it :Improved Molten Core Molten Core reduces the cast time and mana cost of Soul Fire by an additional 25%. (Now 10%.)
    Probably to do with how they stacked and made MC ridiculously fast to cast. but boooo
    Last edited by Lanorala; 2014-07-26 at 06:12 PM.

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    Imp swarm working yet? Intended removal?
    Not working yet - dunno if intended or not.

  18. #378
    How are we going to aoe btw? Going into Meta, popping immo aura and go afk? Except for 1 cataclysm every 60 seconds?

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    How are we going to aoe btw? Going into Meta, popping immo aura and go afk? Except for 1 cataclysm every 60 seconds?
    That's more or less been our AoE since the fury cost nerf to Void Ray. You can try to mix HoG in too, like we do now, but that is basically it.

  20. #380
    On imp swarm, at least, Celestalon just tweeted that the glyph not working is a bug.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •