Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    We probably aren't going to use the spec much if at all not because of its damage but because demonology just does *everything* so well that there really isn't a niche for destro to fill.
    Demonology doesn't do 'everything', it does the most skada damage which means close to fuck all

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    Demonology doesn't do 'everything', it does the most skada damage which means close to fuck all
    I don't even.

Deleted
    I don't know, I guess I'd take skada damage over no damage?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't even.
    Yeah, i dont write much on these forums, i just read some. but if you could stop acting like youre above everyone else when you write your comments, that would be great. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    Yeah, i dont write much on these forums, i just read some. but if you could stop acting like youre above everyone else when you write your comments, that would be great. Thanks.
    If that's what you take from my posts then no, I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon.

You're welcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    If that's what you take from my posts then no, I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon.

You're welcome.
    I kind of expected an aswer like that. Knew you were too ignorant to understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    I kind of expected an aswer like that. Knew you were too ignorant to understand.
    To be honest what the fuck did you expect by randomly calling him out like that. His response was directed towards a ridiculous statement and then there's you just chiming in for a dig. Send him a PM if you don't like his attitude.

Back on topic though, I don't see how Demonology does "more skada" damage. It's our most well rounded spec on Beta at the moment and tops Single target whilst retaining the option to do huge burst AoE.

The only time I've seen "skada damage" mentioned is for stuff like Destruction and shadowburn overkills where you crit for 1.5M on a mob that had 20k hp left.

Quote Originally Posted by gahddo View Post
    This is why I no longer post on these forums. People like you who blatantly attack simc without providing any proof, suggesting any changes, or even being intelligible.
    There's actually been a lot of talk about why simc isn't the best right now, if you'd have bothered to read... any of the recent discussion.

But hey, maybe we're better off having you stick to not posting if all you're gonna do is attack people without any proof, suggesting any changes, or even being intelligible.

See what I did there?

What does that even mean? Demonology is hands down the most versatile spec for warlocks currently on Beta. It is similar to Destro on live currently in the way that it has solid single target DPS but if needed can output large amounts of burst aoe. When looking at all 3 warlock specs from a progression point of view you are going to take demo 90% of the time due to how well rounded the spec is. It is a high single target/high burst/high aoe mobile ranged dps spec.

Deleted
    Except for if you don't go purely for aoe and actually feed yourself embers properly, destro will beat demo on targets that actually matter instead of just going for one bit of damage over the other

Except for if you don't go purely for aoe and actually feed yourself embers properly, destro will beat demo on targets that actually matter instead of just going for one bit of damage over the other
    Destro doesn't beat demo on sustained single target

Destro doesn't beat demo on burst single target

Destro doesn't beat demo on passive cleave

Destro doesn't beat demo on burst aoe

Not really sure where destro beats demo on priority targets all that considered.

You get that this is the WoD Beta discussion...right? We aren't talking about live. You are 100% wrong in everything you have said.

Deleted
    except it's exactly the same on beta? as in everything i've said applies to the beta.

except it's exactly the same on beta? as in everything i've said applies to the beta.
    It doesn't matter how you try to play it out, if you have two equally skilled players at their respective specs (One Demo and one Destro) the Demo is going to win on all of but possibly 2 fights and the only reason they would lose on those 2 fights is because of "skada numbers", you know, the exact things you were complaining about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep the personal attacks and snideness out of the conversation please. It's easy enough to discuss matters without it.

Destro Burst AoE > Demo Burst AoE in all my beta experiences post Cata nerf.

Everything else is accurate.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Deleted
    it's cool i'll bow out of the way for novxjr : ^)

It's not possible to to tune Destro AoE vs single-target with the current talents as the rotation is simply too abstract.

Both the fillers and special-ability have AoE effects, which have entirely been faulty design to begin with by being too simplistic.
    - That's why scale limitations are so totally inefficient requiring band-aid hot-fixes.

Destro needs more, or one ability that strictly enhances single-target.
    - "I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. Targeting isn’t even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length."

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthaven- View Post
    It's not possible to to tune Destro AoE vs single-target with the current talents as the rotation is simply too abstract.

Both the fillers and special-ability have AoE effects, which have entirely been faulty design to begin with by being too simplistic.
    - That's why scale limitations are so totally inefficient requiring band-aid hot-fixes.

Destro needs more, or one ability that strictly enhances single-target.
    Well Chaos Bolt is that single target ability..

If they want/need to scale AoE for Destro as a whole they can totally mess around with the base FnB modifier.

They need to buff Incinerate as the change to AoE is minimal since you will be taking Charred Remains to AoE which will reduce the damage of Incinerate anyways making it have the least impact on AoE. If you don't take CR then there will of course be an increase to AoE, but not to the point that it would exceed the DPS potential of AoE Chaos bolt making the non CR AoE DPS increase irrelevant.