Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Way to be hostile? I have done the fight and I've never noticed any delay after the last add dies, the only delay I've spotted is the one stopping his energy regen. Granted I may be wrong about this but I feel like it's something I would have noticed. Either way I'm not sure 1.5s is "as wrong as it gets".
    "Wrong as it gets" was an exaggeration to make completely sure that we wouldn't spread misinformation. Sorry if you took it personally, but it wasn't intended that way. Anyway you can check any video if you doubt it: When the last adds die Garrosh will quit flying and start facing the raid. For about a second though the barrier that separates the raid and him will remain active. This barrier blocks line of sight and makes the raid unable to stop his energy increasing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    "Wrong as it gets" was an exaggeration to make completely sure that we wouldn't spread misinformation. Sorry if you took it personally, but it wasn't intended that way. Anyway you can check any video if you doubt it: When the last adds die Garrosh will quit flying and start facing the raid. For about a second though the barrier that separates the raid and him will remain active. This barrier blocks line of sight and makes the raid unable to stop his energy increasing.
    Atleast from my experience I believe that Animma was correct. There is no delay, or atleast not one longer than 1 second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Atleast from my experience I believe that Animma was correct. There is no delay, or atleast not one longer than 1 second.
    Just to clarify: We agree that there is a delay before the boss is attackable, yes? What we don't agree on is if he can still gain energy during it.

In my experience the boss usually gains around one seconds worth of energy (0,5 to 1,5 seconds where he is still channelling energy but is unattackable) after he stops hovering. This can clearly be seen in my own kill video (the back adds are clearly dead but he still gains one point of energy) and for instance in the one from Blood Legion. Considering that you guys haven't noticed the out-of-the-ordinary long channel times (2,5 seconds as mentioned in the initial, aggressive reply) as I have, those could be attributed to human error. Seeing as I was definitely on the ball and spamming faerie fire during some of those tries, that would mean that you need a damaging ability to interrupt his channelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Just to clarify: We agree that there is a delay before the boss is attackable, yes? What we don't agree on is if he can still gain energy during it.

In my experience the boss usually gains around one seconds worth of energy (0,5 to 1,5 seconds where he is still channelling energy but is unattackable) after he stops hovering. This can clearly be seen in my own kill video (the back adds are clearly dead but he still gains one point of energy) and for instance in the one from Blood Legion. Considering that you guys haven't noticed the out-of-the-ordinary long channel times (2,5 seconds as mentioned in the initial, aggressive reply) as I have, those could be attributed to human error. Seeing as I was definitely on the ball and spamming faerie fire during some of those tries, that would mean that you need a damaging ability to interrupt his channelling.
    The boss stops gaining energy the same millisecond he is attacked. There is no delay from him being attacked to him stopping gaining energy. On our first HC pulls we had thought before the he stopped gaining energy when the adds died since when we did norma nobody gave a shit about stacks so someone always attacked him. We noticed that on some pulls people were more focused on getting the buffs so that noone attacked him for a few seconds after the shield went down and he gained a few extra stacks, lets say we cleared shield at 21 energy but nobody attacked him so he got 26 instead. So with the in mind we just changed up so that persons with instant attacks (a.k.a. Me) would focus on attacking the boss asap.

I never noticed any delay, it is possible there is a tiny delay, but I would have to say it is below 1 second if it even exists. Any delay I would guess is caused by people using abilities with travel time since he stops channeling when he is actually attack, not when you uses your attack. As for non-damaging abilities interrupting him I would not know. I always used a damaging ability as it is my only ranged instant spell with no travel time. It could be possible that faerie fire does not actually interrupt him since it does not damage him, could be the reason behind it aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    i can only repeat what others already said.
    -your 2min cds should be up again if the intermission starts, save them for the adds
    -divide people into 5groups for the 5 addpacks
    -rangeattack asap after the last add dies and use the 2-4sec window afterwards to get the bubble
    Our 2 minute cooldowns are far from being up as we finished the first phase with only 1 engineer spawning, but it might be wise to extend it for that reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    Our 2 minute cooldowns are far from being up as we finished the first phase with only 1 engineer spawning, but it might be wise to extend it for that reason.
    That is a whole lot of dps you have then. You shouldn't have huge problems with the fight (or the transition) in that case. Keep practising, adjusting and give people time to get used to their EXACT rotation during the transition and you should be getting it down fairly quickly.

Deleted
    interphase 1 is one of the most delicate moments of the fight in 10-man, so don't worry if your raiders need some time to learn to handle it.
    What made the difference for us was switching to 4 groups: we kill asap the first 2 and the last 2 groups (those who run forward ignore middle pack while dotting first 2) and as soon a group is killed, its assigned people go nuke the one in the center. We gained 3-4 energy only by switching to this, there's much less movement for dps.
    As someone else said, use stampeding roar as interphase starts. While you're progressing you should also use potions as Garrosh is gripping you inside the heart. Once you'll get accustomed you won't need them anymore, but i do suggest to use them now. With your dps Terrace might even be skipped completely and Garrosh will only do 1 EmpWW.
    The fight is really just handling first interphase, the rest of the fight just needs a bit of practice but now you're working on the main hurdle for 10-man.
    Also, you will need to learn to coordinate so that everyone has the dmg reduction from yellow orbs. Usually we all go close to an orb and then the assigned person pops it. This is to make sure that none misses the buff.

we are working on heroic 10m garry as well in our guild. our boomkin and shaman dont use any cds in p1 and save their top cds for the intermission phase. this seems to workout fine. once the adds die he has like.. a second or 2 before he can be attacked... anyone can shoot him but usually we make sure everyone is near the bubbles so we can instantly grab them and move before we get annihilated.

Deleted
    Think you can do this phase i a lot of ways, depending on amount of stuns / aoe interupts in raid. we normally did 2 on each of the first ones with 2 stuns in each group. MIddle is handled by rest, we use single target interupts on these since they die before 2nd cast since 6 people are on them, sometimes before cast even. Those 6 then split up into 2 groups going left and right by garrosh and we aoe interupt 2 of them. Normally about 22 23 energy, ofc it could be done faster but we dont save any cds for it at all and current ilvls makes it pretty easy.
    But I must say first time we went on garrosh at somewhat lower ilvl, we were ally with barely any aoe stuns in raid, due to setup, that was pretty tough making it. As horde with a better setup it was quite easy.

And yes its very important to attack Garrosh right after adds dies else he will continue to gain energy
    Last edited by mmoc7ce2f32c87; 2014-06-08 at 11:12 AM.

The delay seems RNG based (likely something is checking every second or so then add lag on either end). Sometimes you can get 0 delay from the final add death to being attackable, sometimes it takes about a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."