Taking white hits with 104% avoidance

Hey guys, I have some kind of trouble here.

On my level 80 paladin, I have 102.59% avoidance (parry + dodge only, mastery not accounted) fully buffed. Yet I still take white hits from bosses.

On XT-002 Deconstructor 25 man, I got hit with 104.74% (Screenshot - 1H+Shield) and 107.41% avoidance (Screenshot - 2H).

How is that possible ? I know with 5.0something CTC was removed but as I said I did not accounted for Mastery / block in my calculation, only parry + dodge.

Is it something with the boss ? The raid ? Searing Light ?

Am I completely wrong about all this ?

Thanks for help
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-06-08 at 03:22 PM.

Higher level enemies ignore 2% dodge and 2% parry per level advantage over you now IIRC, so you need to get to 112% total avoidance to not get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Also, it won't make him invincible.

IIRC, he'll get hit every 3rd or 4th hit (I forget) because diminishing returns.
    That isn't how it works.

Each swing has a set of completely independent rolls. It does not matter if you avoid ten hits in a row, or get hit ten times in a row - the 11 swing has exactly the same chance to be avoided.

Roll one determines if it crushes, crits, hits, glances, is dodged or is parried (this is why player white hits have a crit cap of 76%).

Roll two only happens if the swing "hits" (you cannot perform a glancing blow against a higher level enemy). There is then a boolean check of "Block: yes/no".
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2014-06-08 at 04:30 PM.