Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I personally use the method where you jump into the pipe with the debuff and disengage when it spits you out. Every even numbered belt you need to dismiss your pet before jumping into the pipe and re summon on the belt or he get's stuck. When going up the normal way(jumping in the pipe without the debuff) every odd numbered belt you don't need to dismiss as he comes up with you.

@Pappasmokes It sounds to me like your pet got stuck in the pipe and wasn't actually with you on the belt? although you say he was next to you so maybe I'm wrong here.

Deleted
    Between the belts, let your pet attack blackfuse. Then jump onto the belt and klick petstance passive. It'll be teleported to your side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uploaded my kill yesterday, shows how I do the belts every week if you're interested. Hope it helps and I know it's bad quality.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Uploaded my kill yesterday, shows how I do the belts every week if you're interested. Hope it helps and I know it's bad quality.
    That's a good idea, I should show mine aswell, but looking at a dead dwarf in the middle of the platform for 4 minutes probably isn't that exciting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    "Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music from UMG, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA." - Yay, Germany -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrogs View Post
    "Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music from UMG, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA." - Yay, Germany -.-
    Same for me too, England.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrogs View Post
    You should get Hola. Makes you able to watch videoes which you can't view in your own country.

Deleted
    I tested the wcl-Pins and have 53.2 CPM. I checked it on Malkorok. As I think I'm always pressing a button, this must come from too many cobra shots. But how many are too many? How do I tackle the problem of low CPM in general?

Edit: For reference: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...674&type=casts

As you could guess: I'm "ZobbL"
    Last edited by mmoc0470f181cc; 2014-07-19 at 01:12 PM.

More Cobras = Less Arcanes = Less Rapid Fire = Longer Cobras + Less Arcanes.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...uras&source=11

If you check your buffs, you popped RF towards the end for it to expire. If you had more Arcanes (you wasted 70 focus in this parse as wel) you could've fitted more of the duration in there, resulting in much more Arcanes that would likely close the gap a little bit.

In the case of Malkorok it is easy to make the mistake of Multi-Shotting too much just to get a little bit of Beast Cleave on 1 2nd target, but that's not worth it and you lose focus every time. You almost did twice as many Multis as me on this fight (albeit 48 sec longer fight, but your Living Corruption damage wasn't much higher tho my RNG was retarded good).

Compare me: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...C3674&source=8 (58)

You: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...asts&source=11 (53)

Cobra/Arcane counts compared to the fight length for you were rather lot. You wasted some focus which lost you some Arcanes, but it seemed like you also threw a lot of focus away on Multi-Shotting too much, forcing you into Cobra Shotting more than you'd otherwise need to and losing you CPM that way.

This is why I recommend being aggressive about dumping your focus, and using AutoHotkey, because really, you can't spam faster than it can.

The things explained all seem like very small things, but it's not a lot of Arcanes that actually make the difference in most cases.

I like to refer to Kripparrian's Top DPS guide (not the scumbag one) and the Alternative To Button Mashing videos for the whole CPM thing.

Also check this: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...C3674&source=8

and this (you):

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...asts&source=11

There's just a lot more Cobras going off with longer cast times overall, which could be Haste or Focus Fire uptime (which I had a lot of).

It's hard to give a pinpoint answer because CPM is a lot about how you tackle the fight while pressing buttons at the same time, and it is not unlikely that you do miss globals trying to soak things/avoid bubbles, etc, because it's arguably not that hard to spam buttons really hard, but spamming the right ones and dealing with a HC fight is ways more difficult.

Just to check a 30 second segment from you: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...89&end=6943972

You can see that there are gaps in there, notably after the 2nd Cobra Shot (yellow, 1.925 begins cast, cast finishes 1:02:616, after that there is 1.2 seconds of dead time before you cast an Arcane Shot), the pattern repeats several times in this 30 second period, and I bet more of the fight as well (this is within Bloodlust remember, it is normal to have gaps after 1s+ Cobras, but not 1s ones or sub 1s ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the music I was listening to whilst recording flagged up instantly, removed it now so it should be fine.

Deleted
    sweet jesus. thanks azor. didnt expect such a detailled answer. Now I have to something to work on.
    Thanks again

Deleted
    Hi, sorry if it was mentioned before but there are too many pages now. I have a question regarding serpent sting. How long must target live, so it is worth to use it? I was always wondering on fights like nazgrim when adds coming up. Should I serpent them all?

Roughly half duration to make it "worth it".

Deleted
    I'm not the greatest theorycrafting head out there but I've heard rumors and done some minor testing myself and mastery>haste>crit seems to be pretty good but I cant prove it... would like some help on this

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmasterpuff View Post
    I'm not the greatest theorycrafting head out there but I've heard rumors and done some minor testing myself and mastery>haste>crit seems to be pretty good but I cant prove it... would like some help on this
    No, just no.

*gets popcorn*

If you can't prove it why would you mention it? Minor testing provides the fact that you have some kind of evidence to present. Regardless, being that it's your first post and we have a history with a certain person, I can't wait to see your rebuttal lol.

Deleted

Simply put are you arguing that mastery is > haste after a certain point of haste? or are you arguing that mastery is just better than haste?

Quote Originally Posted by fistycuffs View Post
    Simply put are you arguing that mastery is > haste after a certain point of haste? or are you arguing that mastery is just better than haste?
    In either of these situations, mastery still does not out-benefit haste, unless you're a troll with Herbalism, and stacking berserking with Lifeblood, and even then the benefit of haste only diminishes past a fairly high number, above 17k iirc. And that's like, less than 0.1% of the hunter raiding community at the very top end. So the post you're quoting is wrong, and there's no reason to engage in argument for what is an old and tired non-debate on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    In either of these situations, mastery still does not out-benefit haste, unless you're a troll with Herbalism, and stacking berserking with Lifeblood, and even then the benefit of haste only diminishes past a fairly high number, above 17k iirc. And that's like, less than 0.1% of the hunter raiding community at the very top end. So the post you're quoting is wrong, and there's no reason to engage in argument for what is an old and tired non-debate on these forums.
    That has to be the most used line in the mmo-c hunter forums.

"Chuck Norris can one shot you. Unless you're a troll with herbalism."