Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Please no. Maybe more solo content would be a good idea if it was as difficult as some group content is (The green fire quest was apparently pretty difficult when it first came out) and if you were properly rewarded. But group content will always be more rewarding as you are relying on other peoples skills and teamwork, rather than just your own awesomeness. I would like to see more solo content, but not have everything be solo-able.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Average people will always flock to the easiest thing. So it is better if they don't have the option of doing things solo or at least very little choice. Group content should be pushed even more than it is now. People need more incentive to be part of a guild and not just try to pug everything.
    Why does solo content have to be easy? The warlock green fire quest was harder then any of the world bosses in Mist of Pandaria and they required a raid group. Not really solo content has a place because it can offer a challenge. Blizzard also doesn't have to make the content easier for lfd like tools because its all on the player nothing was holding them back but poor play. I have met a lot of friends in pugs and if you leash players to guilds. they're are fucked because if the incentive is strong enough leaving will be hard and guilds can turn to total shit sometimes.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-06-10 at 12:38 AM.

tbh scenarios and dungeons in their current form should be availible for soloing, its rediculus that your are forced to wait in que for a group/find a grp on ur own and que for content you can easily solo..

However id prefer that blizz whould simply tune stuff better for WoD so that you cant solo stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    tbh scenarios and dungeons in their current form should be availible for soloing, its rediculus that your are forced to wait in que for a group/find a grp on ur own and que for content you can easily solo..

However id prefer that blizz whould simply tune stuff better for WoD so that you cant solo stuff..

You can solo heroic dungeons today, you just have to use the instance portal, set your difficulty to heroic, and zone in. The only downside is that you only get to do that once per instance per day.

Deleted
    Agree with the OP.

Blizzard could just work out how much time it takes per gear acquisition in raids and then make that gear available for the same sort of time investment for non raiders.

So lets say it takes 2 hours to beat a new boss, and two pieces of loot drop. 10 man raid. Solo you'd need to farm something for 20 hours for a raid level drop with a 1 in 5 chance to be for your class for blizzard to get the same sub duration.

Deleted
    What I really want is a lever in Orgrimmar that drops me random epics.

Controversial? Not at all, I simply no longer have time to party with other people and I want everything because I am paying 12€/month. Do it or I'll cry about it on forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, the community is getting fucked up enough as it is with all the easy-access content which requires no actual social interaction.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

YES! I would love if I could skip having to queue and end up with idiots (inb4 "find a guild", no, I don't want to rely on others being online and wanting to do the same thing I want to do), and just... go and do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it.

Deleted
    No, I don't think so.

At the core, the game is social and I'm perfectly fine with having a system wherein everything that is current (and perhaps a few tiers back) requires a team to complete and most of the old game being a soloable experience.

So, I'm fine with what we got now.

I've never found that soloing things are very fun, I'd much rather do them in groups regardless. I don't think I'd have more fun soloing SoO than I would have running an LFR.

There's enough solo play already in a game that's relevant content used to be team based only. Seeing everything in the game in one day since you can do it solo - that's the cancer that slowly nags away motivation and makes it hard to keep people playing nowadays. While I see where this is coming from - people being able to overgear ever more content ever earlier, mixed with rather hostile atmospheres in LFR / LFD, which are usually getting carried by ~20% of players in group - WoW's strength and catchphrase has always been to overcome obstacles that couldn't be taken on alone as a team. That's what the game is designed around, and this won't and shouldn't be changed. Sorry if that's not what you wanted - wrong game, door's over there.

Yeah I know there's DKs soloing MoP raids already - doesn't mean that this should be. If you ask me that doesn't make sense and should be taken care of. Other games do that just to make a point.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-06-10 at 11:08 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

So basically you want LFR, but muting everyone else in raid? Ok.

Why not you actually mute everyone in LFR right now instead of making a solo mode?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Solo content in an MMO? what is this, elder scrolls online?

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Agree with the OP.

Blizzard could just work out how much time it takes per gear acquisition in raids and then make that gear available for the same sort of time investment for non raiders.

So lets say it takes 2 hours to beat a new boss, and two pieces of loot drop. 10 man raid. Solo you'd need to farm something for 20 hours for a raid level drop with a 1 in 5 chance to be for your class for blizzard to get the same sub duration.
    Even if you equal out the actual time spent it is still easier to do the solo content. You don't have to work with others. You can chew it up in tiny little bits. There is no team commitment. No thanks, people should be encouraged to do group stuff (especially guild stuff) not dissuaded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grinderofl View Post
    YES! I would love if I could skip having to queue and end up with idiots (inb4 "find a guild", no, I don't want to rely on others being online and wanting to do the same thing I want to do), and just... go and do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it.
    And you are welcome to do that, but you are not welcome to our group content unless you get a group. Sorry.

It already is essentially soloable. All you have to do is press "queue" button and bam here are your rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic