10+ Year Old Account

Post WoD: Burning Legion Invasion

I got a pretty good idea. I posted in another thread, I asked @Muffinus (many questions) and one of them was if we we're going to do anything with the WoD timeline post WoD. His answer was

"Short answer yes, long answer no" Now that may have been a resemblance to the "short answer no, longer answer yes (aka we don't know)"

But I think it was really referring to the point that yes we will be doing more wod time-line stuff post wod, the long answer is no because we won't be in the wod time-line, the wod timeline is going to invade our time-line. I have a feeling that at the end of wod, the burning legion will invade. Except it is the burning legion from the wod timeline. This will satisfy EVERYONES craving for "AMG BURNING LEGION XPAC WOOOO", while still keeping our burning legion in tact once we take this one down. I think somehow this burning legion will be different in some way if it does happen.

Of course it is all speculation, and I feel there would be a lot of rage over it and calling blizzard on a cop-out, time-wimey bs, etc etc. But it could land us an amazing burning legion expansion without having to actually get rid of the big baddie in our time-line, and hell I would go on to guess it wouldn't even involve Sargeras from their time-line as I think they're saving him in general.

Thoughts on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely think the next expansion is going to be legion centered. Whether it's the WoD legion or ours though I can't say. I'd imagine it would be ours though because I just can't see Blizzard doing any more timey-wimey stuff after WoD is over. There'd be a LOT of confusion I imagine if it was their legion, but not our legion, but still somehow a threat to us etc

But yeah I'd say we have a HUGE chance at the next expansion being legion themed. I mean look at we know. They said the end of this expansion will be a perfect lead up into the next one. And in this expansion we've got Gul'dan doing things with the Shadow Council and Blizzard specifically saying that he's definitely still in contact with the legion in WoD. Plus we still have Wrathion's quote from before that the Legion are indeed coming. Not to mention he's actually a huge part of WoD even though we were initially told he wouldn't be. I mean he was as much a part of sending Garrosh to the past as Kairoz was.

My own thoughts are that Gul'dan will be the final boss of WoD and his death will leave us with knowledge of the legion being right around the corner. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking :P

The Burning Legion doesn't exist within a timeline. It exists in a separate dimension that can cross over into any point in our timeline. Like the Bronze can. Remember, it's already been proven that the Bronze from our timeline - and for that matter, PCs from our timeline with them - can cross over to alternate timelines. This is because while in the Nether (according to the Warcraft RPG, at least), time does not exist.

Basically, the concept is that the Legion exists in a completely separate dimension from Azeroth and can step into it at any point; however, their entrance is limited to points where a portal has been opened on the Azeroth side.

TLDR: The Burning Legion from their timeline would be the same one as the one from our timeline because the Legion exists outside of time and space.

It could be or it might not be at all.