Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait, man. Everything you do will make you feel better, but you'll be thinking every evening. Just don't give up, it will go away by itself.

Deleted
    Pick up a hobby you've always wanted to do and you'll make friends through it. Your enthusiasm for the hobby will distract you from the break.

Either way it isn't easy and usually causes a few days if not weeks of physical/emotional pain. Just don't do nothing and don't feel sorry for yourself and do NOT isolate yourself.

Or wait... If you're waiting to start class, that puts the OP in his late teens early 20s right? Play your cards right on online dating sites because at your age, there's chicks who will, in exchange for nothing more than your sob story, suck your dick. I'm not even trolling. I'm not even lying. It doesn't work anymore when you reach your 30s, so take advantage of it while you still can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Or wait... If you're waiting to start class, that puts the OP in his late teens early 20s right? Play your cards right on online dating sites because at your age, there's chicks who will, in exchange for nothing more than your sob story, suck your dick. I'm not even trolling. I'm not even lying. It doesn't work anymore when you reach your 30s, so take advantage of it while you still can.
    lol omg.
    I'm waiting for my ruca

I will parrot the only advice that has mattered in this thread so far: exercise. Hit the gym, go jogging, do martial arts, train for a triathlon; doesn't matter, just exercise. It'll work those break up blues right out of you. You'll forget all about her in no time.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

arg fine I uninstalled league. I don't think I will join a gym until two months (start of semester, cant join until a student) so I will stick with jogs and riding bike and what ever I can do at home.

Dont want to seem pathetic but it is hard for me to find friends. Maybe I'll go to the bar just for one drink and see if anyone else is lonely or depressed there.

Quote Originally Posted by thejm View Post
    I am in a town, waiting for school to start. My girlfriend of one year just dumped me after I found out she was cheating on me. She kept saying she had all the plans for us to stay together for the school semesters, but she just found a guy while traveling for a few weeks and that's it.

I don't have any friends in town. My parents are far from here. It feels like no one loves me anymore.

I didn't have much friends where I used to live but now it feels like I need one and don't know where to start. I'm not part of the school system to get advisement or anti depressants.

What do you guys think?
    First, sad to hear. A break up is never easy, especially when you find out your girlfriend cheated on you. It sucks really, really much. I know, cause I have experienced it. I thought just the same things as you and I was really down for a while. It's very weird when you spend everyday with someone and suddenly they are gone.

Personally I decided to pick myself up from the dust and grow on the bad experience I had. Spend time on myself, branch out to differnt interests, meet new people, work out more & take care of myself. Tell yourself that you are better than this and that she never really deserved you. If anything, prove to her that she did a huge mistake doing what she did.

This is something you are not alone on - so many of us experience the same thing. Its how we deal with it thats different. Show yourself and the surroundings that you can get past this.

Oh and btw, I dont know how old you are.. But being single aint that bad.. :P I been single for 8 months now and its nice! Alot of nice girls out there mate!
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

arg fine I uninstalled league. I don't think I will join a gym until two months (start of semester, cant join until a student) so I will stick with jogs and riding bike and what ever I can do at home.

Dont want to seem pathetic but it is hard for me to find friends. Maybe I'll go to the bar just for one drink and see if anyone else is lonely or depressed there.
    Just go in there and start singing Nobody's Darlings by Lucero at the top of your lungs. Trust me it works.
    I'm waiting for my ruca

Drinking is going to lead to you examining the whole relationship and what you did that made her cheat(answer:nothing), then it's more drinking until you become weepy and feeling like crap.

Nothing is wrong with playing a few games and making friends online, just don't lose yourself in the digital world. Exercising is still going to be the best option. Them endorphins man, they make you feel good.

Misery loves company. I don't want to presume too much, but here's some serious advice.

Any improvements you make to yourself will show naturally. Trying to "force" friendships or relationships will only turn out badly. It seems easy, but it's actually really hard to just be yourself. Identify any weaknesses you have (shyness, depression, etc.) and work on improve on them (simple things like saying "hi" to cashiers, smiling at passerbys, finding hobbies). Don't expect to be giving Oscar winning speeches at the start, but you get up to that level by starting small and slowly working up.

This is especially true in relationships. As many people suggest, "getting swole" is a great confidence booster. However, don't let that turn into arrogance. Don't think you can get any girl just with your muscles or body. In fact, many times, they'll come to you. Just be genuine and you'll have no shortage of company.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Everyone in this thread is giving the most logical sound advice and it's making my advice look fucking terrible
    I'm waiting for my ruca

Work out. Go to a bowling alley. Go to the library. If it's your thing, find a church you like.

Drinking is a great hobby, but not my favorite place for meaningful relationships (friendship or significant other).

Give yourself a week to pity party, then move on. No need to suffer beyond that.

"Pain is mandatory. Suffering is optional".

I am in a town, waiting for school to start. My girlfriend of one year just dumped me after I found out she was cheating on me. She kept saying she had all the plans for us to stay together for the school semesters, but she just found a guy while traveling for a few weeks and that's it.

I don't have any friends in town. My parents are far from here. It feels like no one loves me anymore.

I didn't have much friends where I used to live but now it feels like I need one and don't know where to start. I'm not part of the school system to get advisement or anti depressants.

What do you guys think?
    Time...It might help to understand the fact that you didn't ever have anything to begin with. Many people make the mistake of thinking they own their gf's or bf's. This isn't true under any title. Even when married.

Quote Originally Posted by socoallnight View Post
    Everyone in this thread is giving the most logical sound advice and it's making my advice look fucking terrible
    No, it's definitely good advice. I just provided some context for it.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    No, it's definitely good advice. I just provided some context for it.
    Ahhhh. Well thanks!
    I'm waiting for my ruca

10+ Year Old Account
    Beside drinking and drugs, I called my parents already and tried not to cry in the process. Right now I'm downloading league of legends just to get my mind off things but I think i'll need something more practical
    Find friends. I know, it sounds about as helpful as "pray", but think about it: Go to a place/activity you enjoy. Like a themed bar, library, event etc.. All those people around you? They are also there because they want to be at that particular place. Knowing you already have that one thing in common, strike up a conversation. Repeat as necessary.

Follow Grimsanta's advice. I'm horribly underweight and weak as a smoking kitten, but I STILL find training to be a great way to unwind!

If you absolutely MUST game: Put your Skype- and Steam-info in your public profile here on MMO-C, and edit your signature to say you're up for any multiplayer game. It sometimes works!

Get drunk. Read the Bible from Genesis to Revelations. Build your childhood home out of toothpicks. Yeah, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Ask her sister or mother out, or play WoW.

Deleted
    There's no secret remedy. You just go about your daily life and eventually it feels fine again.

Biking to the point of exhaustion has helped, thank you. I will try to keep up with it and do some push ups as well. I'm starting to get over it after having very dramatic episodes yesterday and today. Still need to get some friends though, I posted on craigslist in the area =P

Biking to the point of exhaustion has helped, thank you. I will try to keep up with it and do some push ups as well. I'm starting to get over it after having very dramatic episodes yesterday and today. Still need to get some friends though, I posted on craigslist in the area =P
    Brace your inbox for a deluge of dudes looking to be "friends" and "women" directing you to their webcams. I placed an ad for my old TV after I bought my new one and it was just ridiculous the responses I got.