Poll: Would you do it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is too simple anyway. Simply killing all these people doesn't solve anything. It doesn't stop the cause. If this reasoning was true then the first person killed by death penalty would have stopped murder altogether.

Anyway killing people is fucking stupud, if you have a desire or want to kill anyone you are a fucking moron. (although subjectively it can be justified, ugghh, gtfo this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Dungeons and Dragons pretty much answered this.
    If Lawful Good totally stomps out Chaotic Evil, eventually Lawful Good becomes the evil.
    I think it shouldn't be spelled out beyond that and be something people need to actually ruminate on.
    I love DnD's system of morality. OT: If someone who views good and evil as a thing and then kills everyone they think is evil then eventually good becomes evil. Exactly, good of you for posting this. Hell we even see it in Warcraft with Arthas. He did everything that he stood against to stop the things he stood against, and became part of what he originally stood against.

No.

Evil is present in every persons heart, for the proof of it simply consider your own motives in anything.

If you are willing to be silent while others are victimized then you are validating that activity, by your silence, just as if you were engaging in that act yourself or approving of those who participate in that activity. That is evil. Using that as a definition of evil we should, rather than remove all evil people, work for reform to protect the victims, raise up people who will not be silent when victimization happens, and to reform those that feel they have the right to create victims in their wake.

Killing evil people who act evil, to try to remove all the evil in the world, will not work because we each have the capacity that those people display.
    Last edited by Raeph; 2014-06-10 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    No,let the folk of future have some fun too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... if problems like genocidal dictators, robbers, rapists etc exist then there are greater problems/ evils within society at work that caused those things to happen in the first place..it would be pointless to remove the symptom and not the cause >.< Also I would see it as morally bad to kill the symptom ie. the murderer/ rapist/ thief

I would kill the evil oppressors of the world only if i knew i could get away with it without imprisonment, injury or death. I would also only do it if i could take some of the evil oppressors belongings or riches for loots!

The issue with setting some arbitrary standards by which others are good or bad, and below us or not is exactly what those people did themselves.
    Are we not really doing much of the same by that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I probably would, but I'm not tied down by family or friends.

Deleted
    Evil is subjective.

Let's say I enjoy playing football (which I don't, fuck sports) why would I want to stop playing football? It's pretty much the same for psychopaths (that would be my guess, I don't really know if I've ever met one) if you enjoy killing people, why would you stop doing it? This applies to pretty much eveything, rapists, pedophiles, etc.

Besides, I don't see (even if I had the training and stuff) how this is my problem. As long as my family is not affected by the bullshit I couldn't care less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, no doubt.

Only to very few crimes. Usually any mass-murder, severe extortion, genocide, rape.

Everyone would have 2 chances.
    -K

Deleted
    Not my problem, let someone else handle it.

Deleted
    I say no, but not the one on the OP since that isn't my take on it even though I say "no". Then again, that is impossible so I don't care much.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No. Because Evil is not black and white. It is a general opinion based on what the majority feels is acceptable at the time. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can go out and murder someone that literally goes out and rapes and eats children, and then someday be deemed evil myself for choosing to do so. Remember all those people who believe killing is wrong no matter the situation? They don't even approve of self defense, let alone seeking out the corrupt and killing them. The last thing I need in life is to risk my life and waste my time rooting out what I deem to be evil just to have everyone turn on me and call me evil.

It's a complex issue. Right and wrong and good and evil are not things that one person can decide. It is constantly transforming.

But if I do, i would make sure to exercise my power to "educate' the entire world of how good I am and that my way is correct. That would endure that everyone agrees with me since it will be taught in school from day 1. But tell me, does that sound righteous to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    A true stain on humanity, an evil with the means/power to blight a nation or nations? Men like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, Idi Amin, Pol Pot? Yes, they would die. Lesser degrees of same? Hard to say.
    Hitler is only evil because he lost the war.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is hurricane Katrina not Kathrina...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel there is an inherent need for evil. While I do not condone, encourage, or like it.. It is necessary.

Evil. The rapists, the murderers, the people who text in theaters, they give us a gauge for morality and boundaries. They save us from stagnation of society, and utter mundaneness. If there was no evil in the world, I'm pretty sure we'd die out as a species from lack of desire from improving. Most progress is created from a problem. No problems, no progress. Morally. Intellectually. Culturally.

That, or we would simply, slowly cease to recognize evil, simply have it without being aware of it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

It's because the only people with the real desire to kill people are psychopaths and other monsters. Some of them do convince themselves they're on a crusade for the good of the world and/or the innocent people they kill are evil and deserve it though.

The desire to murder and good moral judgement don't exactly go hand in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your talking about wiping out all of humanity because evil is a trait of humanity same as good. It's in the very being of what we are, you can wipe that out because to wipe that out you got to kill everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I feel there is an inherent need for evil. While I do not condone, encourage, or like it.. It is necessary.

Evil. The rapists, the murderers, the people who text in theaters, they give us a gauge for morality and boundaries. They save us from stagnation of society, and utter mundaneness. If there was no evil in the world, I'm pretty sure we'd die out as a species from lack of desire from improving. Most progress is created from a problem. No problems, no progress. Morally. Intellectually. Culturally.

That, or we would simply, slowly cease to recognize evil, simply have it without being aware of it.
    Like how we invented computers because a serial killer murdered Charles Babbage's parents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    If you are willing to be silent while others are victimized then you are validating that activity, by your silence, just as if you were engaging in that act yourself or approving of those who participate in that activity.
    Well there is a dividing point here that needs to be pointed out.
    Fear and Apathy.
    Not giving a fuck is much more damning, then being too scared to act.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly there is, esp cause the concept of good does not exist without a balance to it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account

We would not still have problems? Um, I could pick many....Getting rid of the shit people would not fix everything, it is not that easy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose