Poll: Would you do it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    are you telling me that anne frank is equal to a rapist that would split her in two?
    No, we are talking about your sense of morality, not mine, and until you back it up with something other than "It's just what I believe! It's my opinion!" then there is no reason to accept it as truth, and any claims you make based upon it are equally meaningless. Does your morality truly come from anywhere but your own personal definition of morality? Wouldn't it then be circulatory logic to state that what you believe is true because that is what you believe? Basically, what you say holds no water because what you are saying is 100% arbitrary, not based on anything but your own personally conjured opinion and nothing else.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

You are missing the "I would get rid of the human race including myself" option. Reason is simple, regardless of how not "bad" a person is, there are no "great" people. The species is not worth saving.

However, I would love to see the long term effect on the planet from no longer having pollution and all the other negative aspects humans bring to the planet. Will new minerals be created from the human made products after billions of years? will a new species take over as the dominant one? so many fun questions.

Since I don't think I can last billions of years, I think I will just stick around until the year 2500 and see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    No, we are talking about your sense of morality, not mine, and until you back it up with something other than "It's just what I believe! It's my opinion!" then there is no reason to accept it as truth, and any claims you make based upon it are equally meaningless. Does your morality truly come from anywhere but your own personal definition of morality? Wouldn't it then be circulatory logic to state that what you believe is true because that is what you believe? Basically, what you say holds no water because what you are saying is 100% arbitrary, not based on anything but your own personally conjured opinion and nothing else.
    i don't care if you believe what i do or not, honestly. if you wanna let abominations walk among the innocent, have at it. have fun when one of them breaks in and uses your pooper as his personal fleshlight.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    You are missing the "I would get rid of the human race including myself" option. Reason is simple, regardless of how not "bad" a person is, there are no "great" people. The species is not worth saving.

However, I would love to see the long term effect on the planet from no longer having pollution and all the other negative aspects humans bring to the planet. Will new minerals be created from the human made products after billions of years? will a new species take over as the dominant one? so many fun questions.

Since I don't think I can last billions of years, I think I will just stick around until the year 2500 and see how things go.
    What evidence are you using to back up your claims that there are no 'great' people? If you simply define people as bad simply because they are human, then isn't it just a self-fulfilling prophecy that all humans wind up being bad, just because they are human and it is your opinion that all humans are automatically bad and not worth saving?

Also, what makes the planet and the animals 'good'? Is that just your opinions speaking again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't care if you believe what i do or not, honestly. if you wanna let abominations walk among the innocent, have at it. have fun when one of them breaks in and uses your pooper as his personal fleshlight.
    Not my fault you are being completely illogical, and I have never expressed my beliefs concerning morality. I am merely pointing out that your beliefs are based in as much logic as that of hitlers, that being none at all. Not my fault your beliefs are completely arbitrary, and so it is not my fault that your claims made upon those beliefs are just as meaningless and biased as the beliefs themselves.

Have a foundation other than just a personal opinion. That is the first step to realizing true morality.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer