View Poll Results: Do you think the 2. Amendment should be changed.

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Yes

18 37.50%
  • No

30 62.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    Ignorance is ignorance. You're on the anti-US bandwagon and it's obvious. Take my guns, I'll throw the damn bullets.
    I think people like you DO need their guns taking away due to such an immature attachment to them.

The five words that would fix the Second Amendment are:

"The Second Amendment is repealed".

Militias in the sense intended by the Second Amendment are an antiquated and no longer practical concept.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms when serving in the Militia shall not be infringed.”
    LOL, that sentence is highly redundant. Well, it was bad English to begin with...

It's perfectly obvious that that was the intent of the Second Amendment, the Supreme Court chose to deliberately ignore the clause in order to extend the right. Which you can't REALLY blame them for, expanding on the rights granted by the Constitution is something they've been doing for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    The biggest threat to many grand schemes on our people and way of life are dissuaded by the fact that so many of us are ready and willing to defend ourselves from our own government. They know it, and we know it. You can view it as immature, but most people mean what they say in this regard. That's all that really needs to be said.
    Who's they? And who's we?

Is that you, Cliven Bundy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    Ignorance is ignorance. You're on the anti-US bandwagon and it's obvious. Take my guns, I'll throw the damn bullets.
    I've often thought that a neat way to circumvent the Second Amendment would be to make bullets illegal :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    Just leaving this here

Pretty much. but then again commas are just there to "catch your breath"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Well, the Dutch have been lethally efficient Bureaucrats since the Trading company wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    When was the last time the Dutch had problems with their constitutional rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The 40s?

Are we going to immediately turn this into the dumbest possible attempts to #h8murica?
    Can I just point out that the Danish arent fucking Dutch...

Well some of us might be fucking the Dutch but thats not for me to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by ikotanya View Post
    Chicago and Houston are roughly the same size cities. Chicago has one of the highest crime rates in America. Houston on the other hand has one of the lowest crime rates in America. Guns are banned in Chicago and not in Houston, so tell me how a city with extremely tight gun control has more gun violence than a city with no gun control.
    1) Only an American can consider what you have in Chicago "gun control". Most other countries would consider that "very basic gun regulation". I remind you that you live in a country with almost as many guns as people, where concealed carry is legal IN EVERY STATE, and gun prohibitions are blocked at a constitutional level. You do not have gun control ANYWHERE in the US. That you think you do only illustrates that it is such an alien concept you don't even know what it is. Gun control means no guns.
    2) Why don't you compare yourself to equivalent developed nations? Like Western Europe, Britain, Australia? You have four times the homicide rate of any of your peers. THOSE places have ACTUAL gun control.
    3) Cherry picking cities.
    4) Gun control is ludicrous in a country with almost as many people as guns. You can't implement gun control on a town by town basis. Chicago bans gun sales inside city limits (even that was found unconstitutional)? LOL. So go outside Chicago to buy your guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms when serving in the Militia shall not be infringed.”
    Since this would effectively permit the federal government to regulate firearms in essentially any manner it desired (including banning the ownership and sale of any and all firearms except for those carried by the military and police), this is only a fix for the Second Amendment if you simply want it repealed.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Nope, just the (mostly-)silent majority of Americans.

And to further clarify, retracting the rights to own weapons for self-defense is a deal breaker for the social contract that now exists in this country. You won't take away that right without something majorly disturbing happening.

Sure, there is such a thing as smart reforms, but you idiots that argue for full repeal and confiscation are asking for more than you know.
    I don't think it'll happen, no. I'm just saying, if you want to actually do something about gun violence in your country that's what you need to do - repeal the Second Amendment and follow up with a massive forced hand-in and destruction of the majority of firearms currently in the US.

Of course you and I both know that what will actually happen is that the US will continue on its current course instead. The only way to change it is for gun rights supporters to change their minds, and as they constantly demonstrate, they are utterly pigheaded. Well, you chose your bed, you can lie in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Since this would effectively permit the federal government to regulate firearms in essentially any manner it desired (including banning the ownership and sale of any and all firearms except for those carried by the military and police), this is only a fix for the Second Amendment if you simply want it repealed.
    Or like, if you want to force the Supreme Court to cease interpreting it broadly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I added a TL;DR version at the top of the OP.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I'm just telling you that in rural America people are raised from an early age to believe that guns are essential to ensuring that our own government won't encroach on our rights. It's not something that people are going to evolve on. The government announcing full confiscation is basically tantamount to declaring civil war.

Now, making it harder to get a gun for a criminal or a nutcase, that's something that people have already warmed up to. We are probably only one or two election cycles away from that happening.
    And you seriously think its going to be difficult for criminals to get guns even if restricted in a country where everyone and their dog has guns?

Deleted
    I'm just telling you that in rural America people are raised from an early age to believe that guns are essential to ensuring that our own government won't encroach on our rights. It's not something that people are going to evolve on. The government announcing full confiscation is basically tantamount to declaring civil war.

Now, making it harder to get a gun for a criminal or a nutcase, that's something that people have already warmed up to. We are probably only one or two election cycles away from that happening.
    Crux of the issue reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best fix for the second amendment is to educate americans on proper gun use and ownership. Taking away people's toys is the solution you use for children. The better solution is to make people stop acting like children.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that copy/pasting an entire article from another website violates the "50% standard" and can get you in legal trouble? That is a better discussion then something that should be in the gun control thread!
    You're a towel.

People would argue that they are always serving in the militia to allow them to keep any and all firearms.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I really don't care what country sells what or where, has no relevance to what the law is in he US -- or what our own cultural norm is either for that matter. Different countries... are different. Why does respect for other cultures appear reserved for stoning people for changing religions or forced cliterodectomy? I digress.

The five words don't "fix" anything, because nothing is broken. What his honor wants five words to do is more or less diametrically reverse the language as written and as both understood and intended at the time. He regrets that there was never a Supreme Court majority lawless enough to just declare it so, because he also knows that there is no popular will for the "fix" he wants, let alone at the required threshold to amend the Constitution. Just a ranting and raving intelligentsia for whom law itself is only a convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/1...land-area.html

I'm so glad i'm not in middle/high school anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    They say us Americans stick our nose where it doesn't belong and now we got this guy from Denmark sticking his nose in our business.

Logic.
    Totally agree. And gun grabbers should mind their own business too. If they don't like guns, they're not forced to own them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/1...land-area.html

I'm so glad i'm not in middle/high school anymore.

I am to, because bullying/school shootings/rapes/favoritism never happened back when WE were in school!!!!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I am to, because bullying/school shootings/rapes/favoritism never happened back when WE were in school!!!!
    Maybe it's just that it gets covered much more. Maybe I was safer in my shitty high school.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakewoo...l_(New_Jersey)
    The school was the 324th-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 328 schools statewide in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2012 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", after being ranked 316th in 2010 out of 322 schools listed
    There were 858 students (76.6% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 85 (7.6% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a long-running Gun Control megathread to discuss such topics in. Please use that thread. Thanks!