Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    With the currently datamined tier set we can't sit on one charge or risk losing a conflag charge. Also, there's no confirmation that RoF will still be worth casting.
    I'm fairly certain that given the choice of casting nothing or something, something will always win out.

Unless they make it cost so much mana it's ridiculous.

Anyway, about spec attunements: while they may have been set up as a sort of "guide" for gearing choices, I feel like they'll also help us to swap between specs easier with one set of gear. For example, we may not have a lot of crit from gear as Affliction, so going destro and getting that extra 5% built in will be a nice addition so that we aren't completely ineffective.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2014-06-14 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    For example, we may not have a lot of crit from gear as Affliction, so going destro and getting that extra 5% built in will be a nice addition so that we aren't completely ineffective.
    That's true I guess. Silver lining.

What I'm not too sure about is how happy we are going to be when we get a stat boosted we may not have as a primary interest. Destro getting Crit boosted when we'd prefer Mastery, for instance.

It might skew results when Blizz forces us Affliction into Haste and they actually have Haste as theeir best stat, and Destro is forced into Crit, btu actually wants Mastery. Then you get a situation where Affliction can get that bonus 5% while Destro does not on it's best stat. It might artificially widen a gap between specs by some degree.

That's kind of how I feel about Dark Soul.

I'm not sure the assumption that Destruction will maintain its love of mastery is a viable one, considering that they're, y'know, currently in the middle of making vast and sweeping changes to things.

See: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...73134226628608

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I'm not sure the assumption that Destruction will maintain its love of mastery is a viable one, considering that they're, y'know, currently in the middle of making vast and sweeping changes to things.

That could mean that they'll make crit better for destro. Or it could mean that they'll change the stat attunement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post

I was merely giving an example of when something like it allready happened, and that even though Blizzard may try to design us to gear towards and have most benefit from a certain stat, that the actual practice might turn out to be quite different.

Even IF it happened it might not be a difference that makes much of a difference, but I was merely pointing to something that could be a flaw in this new direction Blizz is taking us, not stating that I thought it would happen this way or would be a serious problem. It's way to early for such statements. (and I shy away from such statements of fact in general)

Plus the changes at the start of MoP combined with the current changes make it a bit easier to make a spec favour a stat. Now that very few spells are shared between specs there are plenty of options to tune a spell or make it interact with a stat in a certain way without causing a particular spell to be ridiculous or have a knock on effect to other specs.

i'm not worried, i know there's always a bis stat, so doesn't matter what is it, i will just follow the pros and aim in their bis list. i don't think this changes anything

I'm hoping it's a bug, but according to Cobrak clips I was watching, Chaosbolt wasn't receiving a buff from the crit boost of GoSac.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I'm hoping it's a bug, but according to Cobrak clips I was watching, Chaosbolt wasn't receiving a buff from the crit boost of GoSac.
    Probably intended or an alternate solution not yet implemented.

On live 15% more damage on Chaos Bolts had a huge impact on PVP so they chose to make it a dot. There's no way they're letting a flat 35% bonus damage to chaos bolt stay, unless NYI as a dot. And even so, 35% more damage as a dot on CB is huge, considering the healing changes in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Probably intended or an alternate solution not yet implemented.

On live 15% more damage on Chaos Bolts had a huge impact on PVP so they chose to make it a dot. There's no way they're letting a flat 35% bonus damage to chaos bolt stay, unless NYI as a dot. And even so, 35% more damage as a dot on CB is huge, considering the healing changes in WoD.
    Why list CB as having an increased crit chance at all then? I doubt it's intentional as they wouldn't list it if they never intended for it to be affected.

since crit damage will be reduced to 150% and cb already has 25% penalty against players, GoSac 35% crit looks pretty believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    since crit damage will be reduced to 150% and cb already has 25% penalty against players, GoSac 35% crit looks pretty believable.
    Holinka already twitted that CB won't have 25% penalty against players, only the crit reduction. It will work the same, except 20% stronger and bursty. Still believable?

I'm going to give you another PoV. Blizzard stated numerous times that warlocks are a pet class. If grim sac pulls ahead ~ 20% extra damage and burst than all other grimoires, do you think they will be ok with this?

Assuming they're all even on live, which they pretty much are on ST, and since the only one changed on WoD is sac, either they buff the others or nerf sac. WoD sac is ~35% damage increase while MoP is 15% @destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming they're all even on live, which they pretty much are on ST, and since the only one changed on WoD is sac, either they buff the others or nerf sac. WoD sac is ~35% damage increase while MoP is 15% @destro.
    There's a perk that buffs pet damage by 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's a perk that buffs pet damage by 20%.
    How much total % dps does our pet actually does? I was gonna say it's not enough to catch up GrimSac, but I never really paid attention.

Deleted
    For Affliction I find it averages out around 10% give or take.

Holinka already twitted that CB won't have 25% penalty against players, only the crit reduction. It will work the same, except 20% stronger and bursty. Still believable?

I'm going to give you another PoV. Blizzard stated numerous times that warlocks are a pet class. If grim sac pulls ahead ~ 20% extra damage and burst than all other grimoires, do you think they will be ok with this?

Nah, he said "Yes it's damage is reduced against players in Mists. Possibly not in Warlords." not "For sure, we are going to remove this penalty in warlords". CB has been nerfed by 20% already (it has no dmg perk), so i don't think GoSac is going to be a big deal. Yeah it will be a good talent for destro, but +35% crit =/= +35% destro dmg.

also about dmg perks. these are not buffs, all our abilities have been nerfed approx. by 20%. thats all. smoke and mirrors for leveling.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2014-06-16 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    also about dmg perks. these are not buffs, all our abilities have been nerfed approx. by 20%. thats all. smoke and mirrors for leveling.
    Even if they did, they nerfed everything else too, cause I can kill stuff of equivalent level just as fast as I did before. So if that's the case, and we are getting buffs while leveling then that must mean we are actually getting buffed by these perks.

Now that's not to say scaling on our abilities might have been changed to compensate so that eventually at level 100 when we have all these perks we are as strong as we would normally have been going to level 100 without the perks, but that's a whole different point.

We did not actually get nerfed by 20%. At all.

I'm not saying that warlocks have been nerfed by 20%. I'm saying thats CB dmg has been nerfed by 20% in comparison to other warlock abilities and that perks are just a tool for blizzard.

I'm going to wait for lvl 100 pvp server to see what's actually is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that warlocks have been nerfed by 20%.
    You may not have intended that but:

all our abilities have been nerfed approx. by 20%
    So you actualy said that. Not much I can do to prevent myself from misunderstanding when you say it like that.

I'm saying thats CB dmg has been nerfed by 20% in comparison to other warlock abilities and that perks are just a tool for blizzard.

I'm going to wait for lvl 100 pvp server to see what's actually is going on.
    Yeah, I'm hoping we can get a patch tomorrow with the remaining ability pruning in place and Mekkatorque server finally up for real so we can feel what it's like with level 100 toons on level 100/103 dummies.

I'm hoping the gear is of a decent level too, so we can see how much these spec attunements influence us as well.