Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Someone allegedly leaked it. We haven't seen any clear evidence to support that claim though.
    You don't need evidence. It's common sense physical releases of a console games are going to leak on average 2 weeks before release if not sooner. If it's not actually out in the wild yet it will be very soon. You should always media blackout games this close to release if you don't want spoiled.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-17 at 06:31 PM.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis...th+of+the+Wild

ESRB rating. Gonna quote with spoilers.

Rating: E 10+

Content Descriptors: Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol

Rating Summary: This is an adventure game in which players assume the role of Link on a quest to stop a growing evil in the land of Hyrule. As players explore the open-world environment, they can forage for materials, explore shrines, and engage in melee-style combat against fantastical creatures (e.g., goblins, skeletons, centaurs). Players use swords, axes, clubs, and bows to defeat enemies that generally disappear amid puffs of smoke. One brief sequence depicts a battlefield strewn with the bodies of enemy creatures; in the background, a few bodies appear to be impaled by spears. The game contains some mildly suggestive material: fairies with moderate cleavage and/or exaggerated-size breasts; dialogue such as "I get to see a young hunk draw a bow again?" and "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" During the course of the game, a shop owner tells Link that she only serves "...drinks that are definitely just for adults..."; players can also encounter a drunken character that occasionally hiccups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Just as a heads up. Someone is leaking the Wii U version. Be careful, especially if you are trying to avoid spoilers.
    Yeah you might want to stay off sites with little to no moderation like 4chan's video games board, and reddit, gamefaqs. Sites like that. People are posting plot details. There's a thread on Gamefaqs that has been up for a few days and hasn't been removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You don't need evidence. It's common sense physical releases of a console games are going to leak on average 2 weeks before release if not sooner. If it's not actually out in the wild yet it will be very soon. You should always media blackout games this close to release if you don't want spoiled.
    But... it's 4chan. 90% of their "leaks" are disappointing. We merely got assets with people claiming they had the whole game and uploading it.

If they do have correct, big leaks though... boy they are juicy.

5 hours until I upload the tik

But... it's 4chan. 90% of their "leaks" are disappointing. We merely got assets with people claiming they had the whole game and uploading it.

Without any spoilers about it, one of the leaks I've seen has a ton of game assets (armor sets, weapons, items, etc). It's all their sprites and models. I'd say if that was a fake leak, it would be the most impressive one I've ever seen by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Infodumpppp, spoilers below. Beware!

-You are able to dye your clothing, with a hilarious animation to go along with it.
    -Epona has been found
    -Deku Tree confirmed north of hyrule castle
    -Amiibo also give costumes, like the OoT clothing. Unsure if obtainable without amiibo.
    -Moblins throw smaller enemies at you
    -The enemies don't respawn until a blood moon happens, which resurrects all previously killed enemies.
    -Poes are in the game, they're fricking huge.
    -Beside the regular boomerang, Lizalfos carry sword-like boomerangs. You can throw a boomerang but you have to catch it yourself when it returns.
    -Heart containers and Stamina upgrades are obtained by beating four Shrines. Supposedly you have to find a Goddess statue for the upgrade but this hasn't been completely confirmed.
    -You can murder your own horse.
    -Lightning keese are a thing.
    -Cuccoos are in the game, and will murder you if harmed as per usual.
    -The infamous scarf from the trailer is there, with a cape.
    -Bandanas are also in there.
    -It takes roughly 28 mins to run at normal pace from north to south, 33 from east to west in a straight line.
    -You can ride animals other than horses. Among them are deer.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-02-24 at 05:03 PM.

i dont want to know major spoilers but can you tell me if they know what part of the timeline its on
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Infodumpppp, spoilers below. Beware!

-You are able to dye your clothing, with a hilarious animation to go along with it.
    -Epona has been found
    -Deku Tree confirmed north of hyrule castle
    -Amiibo also give costumes, like the OoT clothing. Unsure if obtainable without amiibo.
    -Moblins throw smaller enemies at you
    -The enemies don't respawn until a blood moon happens, which resurrects all previously killed enemies.
    -Poes are in the game, they're fricking huge.
    -Beside the regular boomerang, Lizalfos carry sword-like boomerangs. You can throw a boomerang but you have to catch it yourself when it returns.
    -Heart containers and Stamina upgrades are obtained by beating four Shrines. Supposedly you have to find a Goddess statue for the upgrade but this hasn't been completely confirmed.
    -You can murder your own horse.
    -Lightning keese are a thing.
    -Cuccoos are in the game, and will murder you if harmed as per usual.
    -The infamous scarf from the trailer is there, with a cape.
    -Bandanas are also in there.
    -It takes roughly 28 mins to run at normal pace from north to south, 33 from east to west in a straight line.
    -You can ride animals other than horses. Among them are deer.
    All that sounds pretty dope to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of Amiibo scans that will be allowed per 24hs? I have almost all the Zelda ones myself and a few random ones as well, plus the kids have some. If I can stock up on crafting items every day I'm totally going to do it.

The Edge Magazine released a review.
    10/10

"The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven’t felt for 20 years. Not since Ocarina of Time have we set foot in a world that feels so mind-bogglingly vast and unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything. Few, if any, ever deliver so irresistibly. 19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gamings best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place."

aounuma apparently said in an interview that the game takes place in a timeline where ganon appears multiple times, which would hint at it being in the downfall timeline.

which means this might be original link from zelda 2.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, everything I see about this game makes me think it's time to break my 20+ year nintendo hiatus and pick this game up.

Question is, do I get it for Switch or WiiU?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda salty that it will be a few months before I will be able to easily get a Switch. Stock probably won't be readily available until June or July, if we are lucky because I want to play this game and I am not buying a Wii U for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Man, everything I see about this game makes me think it's time to break my 20+ year nintendo hiatus and pick this game up.

If you already have a WiiU get it for the WiiU if you have no plans to get a switch at launch, the switch version is really only superior in the fact that it's mobile.

Kinda salty that it will be a few months before I will be able to easily get a Switch. Stock probably won't be readily available until June or July, if we are lucky because I want to play this game and I am not buying a Wii U for it.
    There's gonna be plenty of stock.....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

do you have a wiiu? if not its kind of dumb to get a wiiu tbh since theyre about the same price as a switch and wont have anymore new games and is already emulated.

get a switch and if nintendo makes any other new games you want you can get them since the switch will get mario, pokemon, animal crossing ect ect

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, thanks for that not at all conflicting information .

And no, I don't have a WiiU, and up until I saw the stuff about BoTW, I had no plans to get a switch either... As I said, I've not owned a nintendo console in about 20 years, my last one was the Nintendo Color from 1998!

I think I'll wait till the inevitable bundles come out, then pick up Switch and BoTW at the same time.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

And no, I don't have a WiiU, and up until I saw the stuff about BoTW, I had no plans to get a switch either... As I said, I've not owned a nintendo console in about 20 years, my last one was the Nintendo Color from 1998!

I think I'll wait till the inevitable bundles come out, then pick up Switch and BoTW at the same time.
    there will probably be deals around black friday, which is also pretty close to when mario odyssey comes out which will be the first 3d mario game like mario 64 since the gamecube and it also looks pretty great.

you would also be able to pick up splatoon 2 if you like shooters at all.

If there's not a BotW bundle already, when the game and console launch on the same day...I'm not confident that a bundle will ever be released. Just seems backward to me if they do that, but I could be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If there's not a BotW bundle already, when the game and console launch on the same day...I'm not confident that a bundle will ever be released. Just seems backward to me if they do that, but I could be totally wrong.
    you are, zelda is never bundled with the consoles at launch, its always a series they bundle in later, in fact, none of tendos popular games are bundled at launch. you will see bundles a couple months down the line when the holiday season starts to pick up.

twilight princess, wind waker hd, both launched at or near launch both only got bundles later on.

zelda is a game that will sell well on its own theres no point in bundling it when everyone whos going to buy a switch will get it atm anyways.