Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Whats everyone doing to farm Rupees? Gannondorf amiibo only gives maybe 20-200 a day very random. Theres very few from breaking items in the past. I hate selling resources cause not sure when I may need them to upgrade armor.
    Pretty much exactly that, selling resources. Most of my rupees have been from cooking a bunch of food with common ingredients and selling the food, but I've also sold quite a lot of monster parts (common ones like lizalfos things) and even ore (except diamonds).

The best way to make ruppee is the snow bowling minigame strikes gives you 300 gold, entering cost you 20. Once i figured out where to throw to only get strikes, i made 100k ruppee while watching a movie lol.

Just beat the game. Here are my thoughts.

-One weapon breaking system is good early and progressing into mid-late game mechanic I feel. Keeps things fresher and adds thinking into slashing away. But I feel once you pack the master sword the reward should be you don't worry about this anymore. You got THE WEAPON created by the gods and shit. Let it just be like the sword from other zelda games.

-Two the outside world is outstanding. It feels pretty alive and it flows well. You have a crap ton to explore, find, and discover. Truth be told doing things like rock golf into holes way across the map is pretty fun and honestly I have my doubts I will ever see it all in the game unless I guide it up and grind it out hardcore. The shrine system is pretty good and I am glad it is there but I really wish it had at least 4 more dungeons in the game. Eight would have been amazing. But I see why only 4. I mean you don't have much reason to go to them outside of just kill the boss to put a mark in a quest book. No new amazing tools to play with which leads into my third topic.

-Three. This is my only major disappointment in the game. I feel like the game could have done all it did and still incorporated the tools from the Zelda franchise into it. I mean climbing a mountain with the hook shot for example would be amazing. A power glove to lift larger stones and find different openings in the world would have been amazing. Really you get all your tools in the game within the first hour or so (2 types of bombs, ice maker, time stopper, melee weapon, ranged weapon, shield, and the glider). The rest of the time is spent pretty much finding new weapons as yours break and getting a camera outside of the master sword and some spell like things you get for beating the 4 main dungeons. Oh and clothes. I mean you basically have a cold weather and hot weather set of clothing you need to progress and you also get clothes that let you climb faster, swim faster, and stuff like that. Really that's the extent of your whole tool set.

So with all that said I can say I did really love this game. After a few weeks I plan to sit down and replay it with my brother and with what I know now it should be a smoother run and maybe the corks that annoyed me when I was lost running in circles will disappear. But this is one of the best open world games I have played for a while and Nintendo really did hit it out of the park with this one. I just hope that this concept when applied to something like Metroid (the dream) and Mario games they don't forget to keep the roots of those games intact and if they end up making a second zelda game for the system the keep the concepts gained here but also give Link back his tools and weapons that aren't going to shatter 3 bats deep into a battle.

I would say a high 8 to 9 of 10 in my book. It has been a good couple years since a game has really gripped me like this one and had me playing it every moment I could spare and that is a good feeling to have. But what keeps it from being perfect to me is the lack of tools that take away from the Zelda franchise in my personal opinion. Also the weapon breaking system is a bit annoying towards the end of the game. At some point it should end because you got god crafted weapons and are the hero of the land. Sure when your memory is gone and you are just scrapping around for life its a good mechanic. But it gets over played in my opinion by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The best way to make ruppee is the snow bowling minigame strikes gives you 300 gold, entering cost you 20. Once i figured out where to throw to only get strikes, i made 100k ruppee while watching a movie lol.
    Yeah, what this n word said. Snow bowling will get you all the rupees you need (and you do need quite a lot).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Pretty much exactly that, selling resources. Most of my rupees have been from cooking a bunch of food with common ingredients and selling the food, but I've also sold quite a lot of monster parts (common ones like lizalfos things) and even ore (except diamonds).
    dont sell monster parts, theyre needed for costumes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dont sell monster parts, theyre needed for costumes
    I know, that's why I said common ones, like there's no real reason to hang on to 200 lizalfos horns

And don't sell them all obviously, but you're not gonna miss 100 of them when the metric ton of other monster parts you have can easily cover that stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a friend that when BOTW came out swore the 10/10 reviews were bought by Nintendo.

Playing it myself, yeah it has its flaws, and I've died so many times to stupid shit, and yet its fun as hell. My main complaint is the Durability system. other than that I've had a lot of fun playing it.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I have a friend that when BOTW came out swore the 10/10 reviews were bought by Nintendo.
    Anyone asserting reviews are paid for nowadays is pretty safe to completely ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Anyone asserting reviews are paid for nowadays is pretty safe to completely ignore.
    I'm utterly confused as to why people would think Nintendo of all people would even know how to pay for a review, considering, you know, all their outdatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm utterly confused as to why people would think Nintendo of all people would even know how to pay for a review, considering, you know, all their outdatedness.
    Nintendo won't even let youtubers give them free advertising, but they're paying for reviews. Pure comedic gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nintendo won't even let youtubers give them free advertising, but they're paying for reviews. Pure comedic gold.
    A perfect example actually, thank you lol

so some small things have been revealed/changed/retconned from the games and the timelines from hyrule historia now that hyrule encyclopedia is out

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comme...now_the_zelda/
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

There was a time back in the day when someone could claim a review was paid off with their tin foil hat and no one could prove them wrong.

But unfortunately we live in the age of social media and are so connected with the games industry, both press and and developers alike that if something shady like that ever happened it would be leaked out in 5 seconds by a credible source.

It's not gen 6 anymore and people can't hide behind their ridiculous claims.

one of the biggest things.

oracle games are nolonger sequels to alttp. its now a different link and takes place after links awakening.

also majoras mask is like links awakening and phantom hourglass. none of it happened and none of it was real it was all a dream made of skull kids memories.

- - - Updated - - -

also more timeline shenanigans for botw.

in hyrule encyclopeida it says zoras domain turned into dragon roost island... but both exist in botw...

ALSO in botw they talk about the sage ruto.. who never became a sage in twilight princesses timeline...

- - - Updated - - -

also kokiri are just hylians. so how they turned into koroks who the fuck knows but theyre just normal people who wore green

- - - Updated - - -

i just remembered the night skyward sword came out and i forgot to take my socks off and slipped and fell out my window during the first fight with ghirahim into the bushes.

man i wish this game had motion controls. atleast as an option. its already my favorite zelda and super immersive but if i could SLASH them bokoblins MYSELF? oh it would be 420/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How can you have nostalgia for a game that's brand new, and is vastly different than the games that came before it?
    I can't believe you're for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    72% actually, each korok is 0.08% and there are 900 of them
    You have to be kidding me Q.Q

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    one of the biggest things.

oracle games are nolonger sequels to alttp. its now a different link and takes place after links awakening.

also majoras mask is like links awakening and phantom hourglass. none of it happened and none of it was real it was all a dream made of skull kids memories.

- - - Updated - - -

also more timeline shenanigans for botw.

in hyrule encyclopeida it says zoras domain turned into dragon roost island... but both exist in botw...

ALSO in botw they talk about the sage ruto.. who never became a sage in twilight princesses timeline...

- - - Updated - - -

also kokiri are just hylians. so how they turned into koroks who the fuck knows but theyre just normal people who wore green

- - - Updated - - -

i just remembered the night skyward sword came out and i forgot to take my socks off and slipped and fell out my window during the first fight with ghirahim into the bushes.

man i wish this game had motion controls. atleast as an option. its already my favorite zelda and super immersive but if i could SLASH them bokoblins MYSELF? oh it would be 420/10
    A lot of that could just be Easter eggs or throwbacks to previous games like FF9.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    This game has flaws for sure, but it's just so damn good that I can overlook them. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction for the series and hope the next game can improve upon the base that BoTW has created.
    No game is flawless. Saying a game has flaws is stating the obvious. But BoTW comes as close as possible to a flawless game as I think most games have in the past. The only reason OoT still secures #1 on metacritic is because of nostalgia and because it was a different time. If the game were released now it would not score nearly as high.

BoTW on the other hand, especially for its time and its genre, destroys the competition with its level of scope, creativity and POLISH. The systems in this game are so fucking polished and consistent that a metal item I can hold in my inventory can be linked together with other metal items/objects to create an electricity chain to trigger a switch or create a fused to blow up dynamite barrels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IGN says hi!!! If you don't wine and dine them, they tend to not favor your games as much.

I would say most of the other reviewers are more trust worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    IGN says hi!!! If you don't wine and dine them, they tend to not favor your games as much.

I would say most of the other reviewers are more trust worthy.
    Prove it, then.