Help a Huntard. SV to MM

i've been playing my hunter as a main alt for ages, and since wrath i've been survival, never once going to MM despite all the love the spec (mm) got throughout my time in the game. now i'm almost ready for arena with him but i'm finding survival lacking somewhat. i like the dot and run playstyle but it's just not got the burst i need to bring down healers, and dk's can completely resist everything i throw at them when they have that green bubble of theirs up. so i'm trying mm out and i'm struggling. all the tricks i've learned have been survival, and MM feels like a new class, never mind another spec.
    so mmo champs, here is where you can help me out. what little tricks can you impart to a newly spec'd huntard. my main problem is focus, or the lack there-of, and aimed shot instant procs are rarer than golden lotus's in the field. am i using arcane shot too much? how much steady shot should i spam? do i hard cast aimed or wait for the instant proc? is it worth getting the aimed glyph?

sorry for the entry level questions an terrible formatting. oh by the way my main focus is pvp, more bg's than arena but will be strapping on my gladitorial battle boots at some point
    somebody call for d doctor?

Not a PvP'er myself, but I think you exclusively use AS except for procs. ToTH + occasional steady shot for Steady foucs should keep you with sufficient focus.
    Retired hunter

never hardcast aimed shot unless you're 110% sure you will get it or it's just 2.5 seconds of wasted time.

Generally just jump around and shoot chimera on cd and arcane shot in between with glaives when you have them.

try to get the steady focus buff up by doing 2 steady shots in a row and keep it running.

powershot and glyphed explosive trap are very useful in bgs as there is a lot of elevated ground you can knock people off of.

nice one, cheers illana. <3 powershot. freeze trap, camo and powershot are my favourite things in the game right now
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnug View Post
    Not a PvP'er myself, but I think you exclusively use AS except for procs. ToTH + occasional steady shot for Steady foucs should keep you with sufficient focus.
    This, Chimera on CD and aimed when it proccs. Also most top hunter prefer fervor + amoc over toth + bs for the extra burst damage.

i play toth if im against a shaman or priest so i can take care of psyfiend/totems easier but fervor for anything else for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    ES in EOTS is godly, the amount of fun and lols I've had is too damn high. Best thing to do is play with Wyvern as well, you Scattertrap them which they then trinket only for you to Wyvern them straight away and put the trap down and launch them to their dooms >;D