Poll: AdBlock vs Piracy

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I look at pirating as free advertisement. I downloaded a bunch of old Quentin Tarantino movies and thought they were awesome. So I bought tickets for Kill Bill 2 and Django Unchained when they came out at the cinema and I will probably keep buying tickets for every movie he will ever make. I downloaded and watched Game of Thrones and now I'm the owner of all 5 books and will most certainly buy the rest as well (along with buying a few months of subscription to HBO Nordic - but the app crashed all the time so I cancelled my sub). The best example is probably that I used to pirate the shit out of Warcraft 3 for LANing purposes because I loved that game and when news came that a "sequel" was coming out with a subscription I had to buy it and I did because I enjoyed WC3 so much. And 9 years later and I'm still subscribed to WoW... I pirate tons of stuff and I spend more money than most people do on entertainment, but pirating allows me to choose what I'd rather spend my money on. I've bought too many 4-5/10 movies on DVD that I just threw away after watching them once. I prefer to support the people who make good stuff.
    Last edited by Bodom; 2014-06-14 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    Pirate 'till I die.