Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is Censer of Eternal Agony hotfix a joke?

They've changed the cooldown from 10 minutes to 1 hour. One question - why?

It's hard to get 500 coins for mushan mount anyway so why are they making it even more harder?

Also in WoD timeless isle will be empty so I wonder how are they going to fix that...

I support this action 100% by blizzard.

Show me on the doll where the bad pvper touched you Soulforge.

Thats a pretty "hot" fix...

Shame, judging from the forums, Censer of Eternal Agony is one of the most interesting things (in terms of social interaction in game) they've added this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    It still lasts an hour. If you die while farming then that's your own fault...as in it is literally your own choice to go there to gank baddies and if they mob up and get you, as they sometimes do, then you have to suffer waiting around to do it again. It adds another fun element to world PVP with the extra fear of dying and waiting out the hour. Good change for me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

My guess is they raised the cd to stop people from grouping up farming coins.I know some people will say it the oposite,but think of it this way: if you manage to kill a coin farmer when grouped,he ends up with a large cd on the item so has no other choice then quit the group.

I welcome this change wholeheartly and i hope they raise the debuff on people to 1 hr aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of understand why they did it. After you censure you can wait for 5 mins then look around for people if you happen to get killed you get very little downtime, and you can harass the person that killed you. So now if someone censured tries to kill you and you kill them its very likely you will get a hour of peace. A hour seems a bit much 45 mins seems like a nice middle ground. whatevs i suppose
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Sounds like they finally realized that having the free for all kill whoever you like area be the exact same area that new players need to go to was probably a bad idea. The concept is alright, just not in the place where people with the Censer likely outgear everyone left in the zone by 50-80 ilvls. It's far too easy to live for 10 minutes, which defeats the point of the cooldown.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I support this action 100% by blizzard.
    Love the change. Won't see people hanging around the steps of Celestial Court as much anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    It adds another fun element to world PVP
    Wasting 1 hour of your life is a "fun element to world pvp". I don't even know what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Wasting 1 hour of your life is a "fun element to world pvp". I don't even know what to say.
    well that makes you pick your battles you cant just yolo run in if you get killed its already back up. So now you have to think about little bit so yes it does add another element to world pvp
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    First point, they aren't going to fix that, it's going to put a line on who wants to make an effort and who wants to just stare.

I see many complain about this, blaming other players and so on. I laugh a bit inside, for it is the same people the complain when people not using that item kills them just because they are using it.

Find it fair, really. Some servers had kill squads running around for PvP flagged people, giving all a problem. I mean, what's awesome with ganking people fighting a world boss? You aren't prot, you just 'stab' them in the back and "HAH! MLG CONTENT RIGHT THERE!"

60 minutes might be overkill, I would compromise and set it for 30 minutes. Much more fair, gives people time to at least do more on the isle before getting jumped.

If you lack victims, I hear that there's tons of servers where people seem to gather easier. There's even kill parties sometimes going on, at least I've seen on my servers. People planning for full out slaughter on the isle at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah! Like a ganker wasting 10,20, 30, 40 mins or even more of another players time for his 'fun element'?

This nerf is basicly the same as a character being ganked and camped.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Isn't the item bugged? I heard it resets when you join an arena fight.

It's very harsh. They could at least have warned us. This is like changing the droprate on a raid mount mid tier without giving us even a slight clue.

15-30m would be a fine compromise. 1 hour is overkill and I'm dreading the grind.

I'm aware most people were scummy in the ways to farm coins, but the most effective ways to accumulate currency often deal with bugs/exploits or general douchery.

Not looking forward to the grind later since my realm is generally dead. (Not interested in having hordes of butthurt people offserver flame me either)
    Stay salty my friends.

I'm sure people complained about the censer'd users griefing them too much. It really sucks, as I was one of those avid censer users who enjoyed the little flavor of wPvP on the Isle.

BUT

The Fire-Watcher's Oath (the second option of farming bloody coins) has had its price reduced from 50 Bloody Coins to a mere 100 TIMELESS Coins. Interesting.

It's funny because one of two things will happen:

WPvP will die down in Timeless Isle as Stealth classes are the only ones who can effectively "risk" engagements, this will result in the only classes you see regularly PvPing on TI be Sub Rogues, Balance Druids and Feral Druids solo, might see a HC Destro lock or a Hunter occasionally, but the main 3 will be the first 3 listed.

Coin farmers will be forced to group up to ensure survival, this means there will be even quicker ganking and more complaint and these groups typically just move from player to play regardless of buffs, something a fair few solo farmers actually kept to as their only goal was coins, rather than kills.

So either way, TI will be boring as fuck for most people now. They could at least let you mount up with the alternate item now, considering only BoS Rogues can use it effectively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah! Like a ganker wasting 10,20, 30, 40 mins or even more of another players time for his 'fun element'?

This nerf is basicly the same as a character being ganked and camped.
    You forgot that person killed by a ganker gets this debuff:

Except they ignore it and just kill you anyway. Which is why I support this nerf.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Except they ignore it and just kill you anyway. Which is why I support this nerf.
    I didn't forget, Ganker. For I know SoulForge is right.

You get it but it doesn't hold them off from still ruining your day of what you might have planned. Glad it is just locked for Timeless Isle.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..