Page 1 of 90
... LastLast

What happens if ISIS gets to baghdad

The ISIS group is some anti government group in IRAQ that is taking major cities. The iraqi armed forces aren't even fighting but are taking off their uniforms and such. unbelievable.

They're claiming that they are going to march on Baghdad. What happens if they get to baghdad? Worse is what happens if they take baghdad? This has to get under control or else you'll see higher prices across the board and a strong possibility of more wars.

FFS

Yes, question is how do you control a situation like this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly we'll need to re-invade Iraq.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Higher prices? On what? Oil? The US gets fairly little of it's oil from Iraq.

Wouldn't "getting this situation under control" basically BE another war? This is kinda like fucking for virginity right? Go to war to stop more wars?

That aside, I do agree that something does need to be done, but I'm not sure what.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

They will hold a press conference under a giant "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Higher prices? On what? Oil? The US gets fairly little of it's oil from Iraq.

Wouldn't "getting this situation under control" basically BE another war? This is kinda like fucking for virginity right? Go to war to stop more wars?

That aside, I do agree that something does need to be done, but I'm not sure what.
    And oil gets very little of it's price from reality. Every time there's "LOLING REPORTED IN THE MIDDLE EAST" short sellers buy the fuck out of oil in the hopes that there will be a new oil crisis, which drives the price up even further when it comes delivery time.

Deleted
    Send your drones. Them, and Captain America. I am sure the iraq will live in "peace" soon after. Or rest in peace.

Deleted
    If Iraq round 3 starts up I am throwing in the towel, leave that place to fester and sort out their own shit.

What we should have done the first eleventy times:

Not get involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    If Iraq round 3 starts up I am throwing in the towel, leave that place to fester and sort out their own shit.
    Around 100 years too late for that, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Reichswehr does not fire on Reichswehr"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    And oil gets very little of it's price from reality. Every time there's "LOLING REPORTED IN THE MIDDLE EAST" short sellers buy the fuck out of oil in the hopes that there will be a new oil crisis, which drives the price up even further when it comes delivery time.
    Basically. It's pretty disgusting that the only reason the price of oil is so high these days is because of speculators, not actual supply and demand issues.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things like that never happened during Saddam's rule.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I hear about ISIS, I just start thinking about the show Archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Clearly, the only way to deescalate the situation is to impose harder sanctions on Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, seems the Iraqi people actually NEED help now (since ISIL / ISIS is so brutal that even Al Quaida wants nothing to do with them), so this is a great opportunity for the US of A to show that they really meant what they said about "bringing freedom to the Iraqi people".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Well, seems the Iraqi people actually NEED help now (since ISIL / ISIS is so brutal that even Al Quaida wants nothing to do with them), so this is a great opportunity for the US of A to show that they really meant what they said about "bringing freedom to the Iraqi people".
    Yes, the freedom to defend themselves, which they'll never have if we jump in every time some bad guys show up in their neck of the woods. If they want our help, let them ask for it. Don't just assume it's wanted.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes, the freedom to defend themselves, which they'll never have if we jump in every time some bad guys show up in their neck of the woods.
    USA never jumped to defend them from bad guys yet.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Clearly we'll need to re-invade Iraq.
    While that post was probably intended as sarcastic it's probably the best solution. We only pulled out for an arbitrary date and left the Iraqi army in a poorly trained state, considering the mass desertion and total collapse of their command structure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    More or less because he rounded people up, shot them, and buried them in mass graves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.