Poll: Which new cash shop mount would you like to see?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Technically you pay 15$ for access to Blizzard's servers. Anything you think they "owe" you in terms of development or how you think they should spend their money is your own conjecture.
    From a legal standpoint sure, but if you went up to the 100's of thousands of people who will quit over the SoO-->6.0 period and said "technically Blizzard don't owe you new content", I don't think many would change their mind and stay,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    From a legal standpoint sure, but if you went up to the 100's of thousands of people who will quit over the SoO-->6.0 period and said "technically Blizzard don't owe you new content", I don't think many would change their mind and stay,
    On the subject of mounts, I don't think there's any inherent "mount" precedent that anyone can argue Blizzard has "violated," seeing as sixteen times as many mounts were added in game in MoP than were added to the store, and there are currently more ways to obtain in-game mounts than there have ever been in the past.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    On the subject of mounts, I don't think there's any inherent "mount" precedent that anyone can argue Blizzard has "violated," seeing as sixteen times as many mounts were added in game in MoP than were added to the store, and there are currently more ways to obtain in-game mounts than there have ever been in the past.
    I just have a fundamental issue with a cash shop in a pay 2 play game, it goes on the same list as day 1 DLC for me. If they were obtainable in game through a long grind or very low % drop, i'd have no issue at all, but I don't like resources being used for store items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    A Chopper for the Alliance.
    Well, I really hope that they will at least add the other chopper to the store.

A cow.
    You know, a cash cow?

No?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Personally I'd like to see an announcement stating the Cash Shop is being closed and all items will be obtainable some way in game.
    I think that's a better choice than anything you've posted.
    ^^This. No other words are needed.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I'd like to see the mount store closed and have further new mounts be added as interesting and unique rewards for various activities.
    This, and the pets too.

Imo the store should be for some irl shit, not ingame stuff. That should be a reward we should get for playing the game we PAY for. I've spent over 1000$ on this game, and there's probably people that have spent even more. Anyways, I think a game we pay for, we should get everything for "Free". We shouldn't have to take out or credit card to buy stuff in a game we already pay monthly.

It's like you would pay for a TV channel monthly, but to watch an episode or movie that is showed on that channel you have to pay extra. That's what it is, I'm a mount collector so I see no difference. They're charging me money in a game they're already charging me 15$ a month. Oh and I'm also paying for the game.

So not only is it like paying to watch this specific episode or move on a TV channel you already pay monthly, but you're already have to pay for the TV channel packages. Yep, no difference, most greedy company int he world.

Isn't it enough to have 15 different services people can use? Server trasnfers, name changes, guild transfers, RaF, and tons of other shit. But yeah, Blizzard doesn't give a shit about us, they literally want us to spend more and more money. IF they could sell tier stuff, unlockable content etc without losing majority of their subs, they would do that in a heartbeat. "But now exclusive Heroic Warforged gear set for your class, only 59.99$ on our in-game store!" "And also if you buy 2 or more Heroic Warforged sets we'll give you a 2.5% discount" yep, we'll see that eventually in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    I think a game we pay for, we should get everything for "Free". We shouldn't have to take out or credit card to buy stuff in a game we already pay monthly.
    You are "Free" to not buy it. There is nothing in the store that forces you to take out your credit card. There is nothing in there that you have to have. You buy it because you want it.

Isn't it enough to have 15 different services people can use? Server trasnfers, name changes, guild transfers, RaF, and tons of other shit. But yeah, Blizzard doesn't give a shit about us, they literally want us to spend more and more money. IF they could sell tier stuff, unlockable content etc without losing majority of their subs, they would do that in a heartbeat. "But now exclusive Heroic Warforged gear set for your class, only 59.99$ on our in-game store!" "And also if you buy 2 or more Heroic Warforged sets we'll give you a 2.5% discount" yep, we'll see that eventually in the future.
    Nothing but Chicken Little "the sky is falling." If Blizzard actually did the garbage you are spouting, it would be the end of the game. It took a long time to get the services we have and I'm very happy to see how they've come along since Vanilla.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1 View Post
    You are "Free" to not buy it. There is nothing in the store that forces you to take out your credit card. There is nothing in there that you have to have. You buy it because you want it.

Nothing but Chicken Little "the sky is falling." If Blizzard actually did the garbage you are spouting, it would be the end of the game. It took a long time to get the services we have and I'm very happy to see how they've come along since Vanilla.
    Haha, mark my words. I bet they will, and sooner then you think.

Of course I'm free to not buy it, I know no one is forcing me to buy them, and I don't buy them. I have only 1 store mount and it was the first mount they put on sale. And believe me, I regretted paying for that mount.

Every in-game content should be available in-game. Wanna sell those damn mounts? At least make them available in-game too, or don't sell them at all.

I'm pretty sure majority of players that bought mounts and lvl ups would pay for gear too.

But damn I will be pissed if they put the bug mount on store. It's one of the coolest mounts they've ever done, and I bet they'll definitely put it on store.

It's just sad how they keep making shitty and ugly mounts that are available in-game, nothing fancy, I'd rather use my old mounts from Pre-Cata. And I personally like most if not all store mounts, like this new steed they're selling, I'm not a fan of horse mounts but damn that horse is good looking, but yeah of course it costs money.

And the worst part about store mounts is that they'll lose their awesomeness when you see everyone and their mother riding one everywhere you go. Sure I don't mind if they made it semi-easily obtainable in-game, similar to Sky Golem or whatnot, but meh, guess I'll never own these mounts on their store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, mark my words. I bet they will, and sooner then you think.

Of course I'm free to not buy it, I know no one is forcing me to buy them, and I don't buy them. I have only 1 store mount and it was the first mount they put on sale. And believe me, I regretted paying for that mount.

Every in-game content should be available in-game. Wanna sell those damn mounts? At least make them available in-game too, or don't sell them at all.

I'm pretty sure majority of players that bought mounts and lvl ups would pay for gear too.

But damn I will be pissed if they put the bug mount on store. It's one of the coolest mounts they've ever done, and I bet they'll definitely put it on store.

It's just sad how they keep making shitty and ugly mounts that are available in-game, nothing fancy, I'd rather use my old mounts from Pre-Cata. And I personally like most if not all store mounts, like this new steed they're selling, I'm not a fan of horse mounts but damn that horse is good looking, but yeah of course it costs money.

And the worst part about store mounts is that they'll lose their awesomeness when you see everyone and their mother riding one everywhere you go. Sure I don't mind if they made it semi-easily obtainable in-game, similar to Sky Golem or whatnot, but meh, guess I'll never own these mounts on their store.
    I would love to see them put the black bug mount (from the AQ quest line) on the store for say $40?? That would be fair, high enough so not everyone buys one, but low enough so people could have the mount they always wanted.

I have only 1 store mount and it was the first mount they put on sale. And believe me, I regretted paying for that mount.
    Yeah...that first mount was atrocious, but the whole "buy a mount from our store" was new, bright, and shiny. If that mount wasn't the first, I'm pretty sure it's sales would have been abysmal compared to the others...lol

It'd be nice to have a chance for them in game...not gonna argue...but that would stunt the mounts full sales potential. I don't blame them for not doing it.

Oh I'm sure there would be lots of people doing that...lol...Hopefully it never sees the light of day. Path of the least resistance in this case would be detrimental to the game itself.

That mount is amazing! If it is an in game attainable mount it'll definitely have a top spot in my agenda cuz I love going after all the mounts I can...especially something like that.

I've been bummed about the achievement mounts that mount collectors get. They've been really lame for for a group of people that go to great lengths to obtain mounts. Wish Blizzard would throw us a bone and finally give a "real" mount collectors reward. I was not a happy camper when I found we were getting a bland, easily forgettable kite and another dragonhawk (with armor!) when Horde already has the most awesome dragonhawk, the Sunreaver Dragonhawk!

For some maybe. I use the bat, chimera, winged guardian, and fey dragon quite often with that Random Companion addon. I don't really care if others have it and enjoy using them. On the flip side of that, I finally got the A'lar mount from TK a few months back, rode it a couple times, hated it, and don't use it anymore...lol...but I just haaaaaaad to get it...
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Just vote for one of the options that you would like to see. Simple as that.
    I voted none, you're welcome for my input.

Your new avatar is fitting.

They should sell a mount that offers greatly increased flying speed and scrap the no flying garbage they are thinking of in WoD. just make the cost of the mount like 150 dollars or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1 View Post
    It'd be nice to have a chance for them in game...not gonna argue...but that would stunt the mounts full sales potential. I don't blame them for not doing it.
    Like I said in one of the previous threads...I think they could/should make them pop up on the BMAH from time to time. Probably wouldn't hurt anyone.

Imagine this:

Instead of the cash shop, they take those mounts and add them in game to some pre-existing dungons and such.

What if you logged in one day and there's a new quest to get the Fey Dragon? Say, collect 20 drops from 5 mans and a few from a raid. Or maybe something similar to the WotLK weekly raid quest.

They'd still get the extra income. I'd imagine that they'd make more from people resubbing to help fill their mount tab than those who are willing to shell out for it in the shop. Just don't make them trivial (or at least quick) to obtain.

I'm just against a cash shop in a subscription game. The only time I'm in favor of it is when it's a charity event. But in that case, I'd like for it to be 100% of the profit, and only for a limited time. There's not much sense in doing a charity event if you're keeping half of the money you raise.

"Q: Have you considered micro-transacrtions in WoW?
    A: We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later."

They said it themselves back in 2008, arguably the peak of WoW's life.

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/02/20/gd...pproach-to-mm/

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    a giant flying Dildo. that way I really get the experience I am paying for when Blizard screws the playerbase with more cashshop mounts....
    Sounds like you've got the weeping vagina transmog covered!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    You just like that option because you want that stuff for free.
    Payed 15 dollars a month for it every month up till ICC
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

They should all be in the shop.

Blizzard is a business and a business means they're here to make money. Not provide entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Imagine this:

Instead of the cash shop, they take those mounts and add them in game to some pre-existing dungons and such.

What if you logged in one day and there's a new quest to get the Fey Dragon? Say, collect 20 drops from 5 mans and a few from a raid. Or maybe something similar to the WotLK weekly raid quest.

They'd still get the extra income. I'd imagine that they'd make more from people resubbing to help fill their mount tab than those who are willing to shell out for it in the shop. Just don't make them trivial (or at least quick) to obtain.

I'm just against a cash shop in a subscription game. The only time I'm in favor of it is when it's a charity event. But in that case, I'd like for it to be 100% of the profit, and only for a limited time. There's not much sense in doing a charity event if you're keeping half of the money you raise.

"Q: Have you considered micro-transacrtions in WoW?
    A: We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later."

They said it themselves back in 2008, arguably the peak of WoW's life.

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/02/20/gd...pproach-to-mm/
    Blizzard had two options around the time when they put the shop into full drive.

One, milk WoW till it dies

Two, start working on a damn new game

They chose option one. Frankly WoW just looks like a testing ground for whatever the new one might, or ever will be. the new gaming generation seems perfectly fine with shitty DLC, so we gotta deal I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post

Blizzard is a business and a business means they're here to make money. Not provide entertainment.
    not sure if joking... or =.= Entertainment is there in the name.

Also, we have a new business that took ethics and the high ground over profit. Way to go Tesla Motors, you guys don't suck.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post

What an awful viewpoint to hold as a consumer. This is why companies get away with so much shit, because people are always running to justify anything.