Deleted

HWF Assurance of Consequence and Haste

This here is my monk. Right now, I'm sitting at 579 ilvl with 10517 haste and HWF AoC (went from flex TED [changed from tank to dps and got it on a coin]). I'm gemmed completely for agility bar one orange gem in my helmet. Now, I've simmed my character, and it gives me haste being worth 5.X, where as agility is 6.X, but I don't think haste is as good as simcraft says it is. Has anyone else used HWF AoC, and how much haste did you use with it?

Also, what do people do during Heroism to avoid capping? I find myself capping even without using EB, though I do use FoF during Hero and only cap near the end, and not for long unless I get a string of Combo Breaker procs. Is it just AoC being a pain?
    Last edited by mmoc6865fd66ba; 2014-06-13 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Wrong word

Quote Originally Posted by sarks View Post
    but I don't think agility is as good as simcraft says it is.
    What makes you think that?

And yes you will always cap during Heroism, it's not something that can be avoided no matter what trinket you're using.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This here is my monk. Right now, I'm sitting at 579 ilvl with 10517 haste and HWF AoC (went from flex TED [changed from tank to dps and got it on a coin]). I'm gemmed completely for agility bar one orange gem in my helmet. Now, I've simmed my character, and it gives me haste being worth 5.X, where as agility is 6.X, but I don't think agility is as good as simcraft says it is. Has anyone else used HWF AoC, and how much haste did you use with it?

Also, what do people do during Heroism to avoid capping? I find myself capping even without using EB, though I do use FoF during Hero and only cap near the end, and not for long unless I get a string of Combo Breaker procs. Is it just AoC being a pain?
    The days that I've used HWF I went with around the same haste you have, I probably set it to go down to 24% or up to 25% because I'm OCD like that.

Why do you think that Agi isn't as good? What do you think is better? Perhaps you've stumbled onto what the Developers planned WW to be like. (not likely)

Nothing you can do during Heroism to avoid capping. AoC is a pain which is why its not the top BiS trinkets till 6.0. It may be the best, but the added pain it brings makes it too difficult to use optimally.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    That was supposed to say haste, as in 'I don't think haste is as good as simcraft says'. My bad.

It all depends on how well you manage your energy + chi. If you are sloppy, you wont benefit well from high haste levels. If you do everything you can to waste as little energy as possible and not waste chi (I use RJW to prevent capping energy under heroism/energizing brew since its raw damage done is nice), then you can benefit from haste levels as high as 14k, but after that, it diminishes in relation to crit/agi.

That was supposed to say haste, as in 'I don't think haste is as good as simcraft says'. My bad.
    Ah, yes, well Simcraft is an ideal environment, so its theoretical haste cap is much higher than you can actually use in practice on some fights. Malkorok, Iron Juggernaut, Thok, and Garrosh are all fights that get pretty close to actually using that amount of haste, but the difference between those and something like Paragons is night and day. HWFAoC is around 2k haste worth of energy, so while the theoretical cap is around 15k, you'd adjust that to 13k for that trinket. If you're concerned about performance on heavy movement fights, you'd want to drop down to 10-11k.

So Simcraft is right, but not all fights are like what Simcraft thinks they are. It really depends on what kind of fight you're looking to optimize for.

And it depends on how you play. I run with 11k haste without AoC (I have it, but I use flex TEB instead), and no warforged weapons, at 576 ilvl and I do enough dps to rank in the top 10 on quite a few fights (my stats were originally screwed because WW is my OS so I use 9k mastery). I did 397k on Thok 10 heroic last week, to use an example of a high up-time fight.

I'm not saying this to say "look how good I am." I don't care what you think of me. All I'm saying is that you should probably test for yourself. I tried reforging to 13k haste and it was really quite terrible. I'd probably use like 10k haste with AoC. Doing good FoF isn't really as hard as others make it sound - though I do avoid energy capping when I'm going to use it.
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2014-06-14 at 07:59 AM.