Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Engineer Rocket boost

Did they ninja nerf this thing? I have had 10 rocket leaks in a row. I've never had 2 in a row, let alone this many.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why location did you use it?
    Have a lot more fails when I use it in a city.

Can't say I've experienced this.

Haven't heard about anything related beyond this thread so I'd put it down to RNG is RNG.

If you really believe it has been changed, try get a higher sample size (as exciting as it is spending 3 hours using rocket boots on cooldown and writing down the results!)

It has a 30%~ fail chance last I knew, @Jettis rocket fuel leak does 10% of your hp per second for 8 seconds, meaning 80% over the duration. It used to do 120% iirc which meant not only were the ticks more severe but without some actual healing you would die from the dot alone.

It hasn't been changed in past few days OP. RNG is RNG
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

To be honest, they need to remove the "Backfire" mechanic from this. Total joke to have it blow up in your face when you are in a raid.

Yeah in PVP/raid it shouldnt fail...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not Engineering without a 20% failure rate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

as far as the failure rate - not sure -

Is the launching into the air considered a failure? so it has 2 ways to fail?

I wish they would make the launch its own tinker - i find it much more helpful
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

The launch is considered a failure, but it never got the "increased" chance so it should still be like 1% ish fail rate.

It's absolute shit, but the gnomish gravity well might interest you for going 'up'
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Did they ninja nerf this thing? I have had 10 rocket leaks in a row. I've never had 2 in a row, let alone this many.
    I'm willing to accept that i've gotten bad rng recently, but I've been feeling this as well. I'd rather have one catastrophic failure out of ten than 4 times just thinking I didn't hit the button.

Its not like we can use them in arenas or rated battlegrounds anymore, don't care if i get murdered in a random.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    To be honest, they need to remove the "Backfire" mechanic from this. Total joke to have it blow up in your face when you are in a raid.
    Considering how that bonus, and a pretty substantial one at that is unique in a profession, then I would argue that complete reliability of it would be simply unfair.
    Now with that likely being crafted so that other players can use it, I can see the backfire mechanic being adjusted if not removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Considering how that bonus, and a pretty substantial one at that is unique in a profession, then I would argue that complete reliability of it would be simply unfair.
    Now with that likely being crafted so that other players can use it, I can see the backfire mechanic being adjusted if not removed.
    Apparently as of WoD it will tradeable, but also will be on the potion cd. And they're on record saying the boost will still have a backfire chance. I don't think they want people using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    If you remove the backfire, it becomes 100% mandatory and encounters must be built around everyone having nitro boosts. Terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    If you remove the backfire, it becomes 100% mandatory and encounters must be built around everyone having nitro boosts. Terrible idea.
    afaik that is whats happening for WoD? i heard nitro boost removed from engineering and everyone can get the enchant or it's baseline? not really sure blizzard are going fucking mental with WoD, playing WoW for 9 years won't help everyone since every race/class/prof is being completely overhauled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it is still just the regular RNG.

My Nitro tinker fails minimum 2 times a week, max for now is, 20.

I use them every day, even in raiding.. Though luckily, I can cover that up if they fail due to being a healer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    afaik that is whats happening for WoD? i heard nitro boost removed from engineering and everyone can get the enchant or it's baseline? not really sure blizzard are going fucking mental with WoD, playing WoW for 9 years won't help everyone since every race/class/prof is being completely overhauled.
    It burns up your potion cooldown. So yea, it's likely no one will ever use it in raids again unless somehow potions become terrible.

But the fact that you'll bash Blizzard completely ignorantly (you clearly didn't even know the entire change) is pretty ridiculous.

Definitely looking forward to the fact it'll share potion cd, especially for CMs

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Definitely looking forward to the fact it'll share potion cd, especially for CMs
    I'd be fine with it sharing potion cooldown if and only if my self-only version does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I'd be fine with it sharing potion cooldown if and only if my self-only version does not.
    Won't happen, they are doing this specifically to remove combat perks from professions, what you ask is for them to do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I can only agree with you, damn thing always blow up when you need them the most.... Which leads to dead, and wiping the raid xD