Page 1 of 78
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Football Summer transfer window 2014

Welcome to this year's thread for the general news, gossip, discussion and banter on the many transfers going on across the world in club football. Regardless of league/division or nationality, this thread is for you.

The usual forum rules and S&F rules apply, and will be enforced from the get go. So if you're coming here for the usual football/soccer/handegg debate, I suggest you don't bother.

Not actually a rule, but a good word of advice is choose your sources for transfer gossip carefully. The Daily Mail and Marca for example are horrible gossip mongerers that thrive on sensationalist crap rather than actual truth, there's several others, but I recommend you stick to reputable sources.

Also for those unfamiliar to this thread, who would you like to see your club sign? Either player or general position that you believe needs filling, and why?

This thread will run up until the week after the infamous transfer deadline day, this overlaps with the thread that will kick off next season, so don't assume this thread dies when the football starts again!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

hmm I guess most are waiting to see what the world cup will bring, there are a few clubs already lining up players but it would be potent to wait until after the World Cup to make anything final as you never know what gems maybe discovered.

I say that but Liverpool haven't waited already signed 2 players by the looks of it and don't appear to be bothered by the World Cup hype lol

Deleted
    I'd love for my team to sign an European class LB and a very good RW , need to also add a little bit of depth here and there (RB and CB).
    Really hope we get Iturbe , also links to Balanta and Uçan , looking good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they are 500m in debt.

PSG and monaco have billionaires that basicly pay from their own pocket.
    RM actually costs taxpayers money.
    Just wanted to quote this from the previous thread and say this is an immensely ignorant, stupid and Dutch thing to say. It's Dutch because it's all they can say on Dutch television to bring us down. Utterly ridiculous and it's really starting to piss me off.

- - - Updated - - -

Having said that btw, Kroos to Real? Starting to hear rumours about Ramires as well. If that goes through our local Chelsea fan must be laughing his ass off.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    I want united to sell nani, cleverly and young. I'll leave who they buy to van gaal because i don't know how he is going to use what he has.

Deleted
    Links to Iturbe , already signed Keita.

This is Iturbe for who doesn't follow Serie A:

He was brought from Porto by Verona thanks to a 15m buyout clause , they're asking 25m , thoughts?

Some transfer news and rumors for today

- Joe Hart will renew for five seasons -- The Sun
    - Man United turn attentions to Daley Blind -- abola
    - Monaco wants Rui Patricio, but Sporting wants €15 million for him -- abola
    - Porto asking for Morata -- AS
    - Real Madrid asking for Oblak, he has a €20 million buy-out clause -- abola
    - Apparently, Barcelona agreed previously with Fàbregas to pay him back the €5 million he paid from is own pocket when signing with Barça, but now, when the agreement estipulates a pay-back, Barcelona refuses to do it -- Marca
    - Napoli's asking for Nacho -- Marca
    - Arsenal ready to make a €6 million offer for Pepe Reina -- Daily Mail
    - Vucinic between Valencia and Sevilla -- Sky Sports
    - AC Milan are considering a loan move for Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro -- Corriere dello Sport
    - Arsenal are planning to beat Chelsea in the race for Sami Khedira -- Sport
    - Xavi has agreed a three-year deal worth €24.9 million with El Arabi, €8.3 million per-season -- Cadana Cope
    - Fabregas confirmed that he wished to rejoin Arsenal and held talks with Wenger before moving to Chelsea -- Goal

Deleted
    I am hoping that Chelsea gets rid of Torres and get hold of Costa. Pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am hoping that Chelsea gets rid of Torres and get hold of Costa. Pretty please.
    I think Costa is pretty much done, but don't hold your breath on Torres leaving. No one would be daft enough to pay any kind of money for him, not to mention his wages. He is going to run his contract down.
    Last edited by Scyth; 2014-06-16 at 07:33 AM.

Torres' wages are way too much for anyone to pick him up. I'd say there is a 99% chance that he stays at Chelsea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rakitic is off to Barca, it's official now.
    Ohio State Buckeye

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevrosh View Post
    I'd love for my team to sign an European class LB and a very good RW , need to also add a little bit of depth here and there (RB and CB).
    Really hope we get Iturbe , also links to Balanta and Uçan , looking good so far.
    i think Mathieu Valbuena is free of contract this year. Fantastic right winger.

Diego Costa, Lukaku and Torres would be a decent strike force next season. Really hoping Lukaku gets a chance. Let's see how he performs this World Cup. Hopefully he persuades Jose to keep hold of him.

Still surprised we got Cesc.

Chelsea look to have quite a good squad. No excuse for Mourinho to play like he has been really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liverpool will sign Alex Sanchez and Xherdan Shaqiri?

I just want to hear about some high quality CBs coming to Anfield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torres and decent strike force in the same sentence... I've read it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Fabregas has said in an interview that Xavi too is leaving Barcelona.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Apparently Fabregas has said in an interview that Xavi too is leaving Barcelona.
    it's been rumored for a while now, he is getting a big payday to play in Qatar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    it's been rumored for a while now, he is getting a big payday to play in Qatar
    Apparently he's signed a pre-contract with one of the teams as well, according to that team's coach. Can't recall which one though.
    Ohio State Buckeye

So they are getting rid of both their midfield players. Last year Thiago, now Xavi and Cesc? WTF!