Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This is just purely for fun because I know these changes are all extreme or not entirely balanced but just fun for me to think about.

If I could change a row of talents, I'd change the 90 tier talents from bland throughput increasing abilities that are more or less boring (lining up crap with incanter's flow is alright, but mirror images to plop in during damage increasing phases/on CD and RoP, which is a babysitting buff, feel really boring and hardly affect you... well RoP affects you greatly but in the worst way possible so f dat shiz) to some combination of passives and actives that actually change your gameplay a bit. I hope that is thematically a bit different... I know it's damage to damage, but it's passive talents that almost don't affect the way you play to gameplay changing talents.

Somethings that just come to mind as an example are:

Talent 1 - Flow - This would alter how each class plays... a big overhaul and definitely would never happen but kinda fun to think about. It allows for a lot of movement with minimal damage loss. Or in arcane's shoes, a change that could actually possibly mean some pvp viability again with pretty much a revert.

Arcane: The roles of your arcane barrage and arcane missiles are now switched. Arcane missile casts will now consume all stacks of arcane charges. Each arcane charge stack will cause your arcane missiles to hit an additional nearby target, and your barrage only gets increased damage. Instead of arcane missiles being able to be proc'd, every barrage will allow a cast of arcane blast, stacking up to 2 (3 with perk for arcane missiles) times. - To keep it so that mastery still played a role, include that if casting ABarr at 4 stacks, mana cost is quadrupled so it doesn't allow any mana regen.

Fire: Your scorch increases the damage of your fireball by 15%, and cast time and crit chance by 10% per cast. Stacks up to 4 times. - Cast time increase would be pretty big at 3 stacks.

Frost: Icicles now only fire one at a time when activated by ice lance, but all fire when used with Frostfire Bolt (which still gains one icicle afterwards). Ice lances accompanied by icicles cause a third icy projectile to follow promptly after dealing 200% of the damage of ice lance (not affected by FoF and the frozen target damage increase, so basically 200% of the ~30% of spellpower which would be a bit less than 3/4 the damage of a frostbolt. A 1.5s gcd vs 2s cast).

Talent 2 - Onslaught - Basically just makes the mage hit harder if paying attention to whatever was added to their kit. Like arcane needs/gets to use more mana at times, frost has to manage stacks to get a noticeable increase, and fire just has to maintain a debuff and determine whether or not it is worth stacking it up on the target.

Arcane: Each arcane missile to hit a target increases the damage your next arcane blast or arcane barrage does by 2%, stacking up to 15 times and lasting 3 seconds. Each stack consumed by a spell will restore .6% mana to the mage over 3 seconds.

Fire: Your scorch now leaves a lasting burn that deals 25% of the its damage over 10 seconds, stacking 5 times. -Just gives ya another thing to make sure you weave into your rotation. It usually will be kept up without thinking due to movement, but all the same.

Frost: Fire Blast turns into Sonic Blast. Each Icicle adds 1 stack and each Ice Lance adds 3 stacks of Splintered to the target, which deals .2% of spellpower per 2 seconds over 8 seconds and stacking up to 40 times. Activating Sonic Blast will cause half the the stacks of Splintered to explode inside the target, dealing 10% spellpower per stack, or 17.5% if the target is frozen - Let's face it, if you have 40 stacks on a target that isn't a raid boss so that you can freeze em, then you deserve to do a crapton of damage... in PvP it might be a bit strong of a nuke though.

Talent 3 - Enhance - Just random bs because it's too late for this nonsense. They all kind of go along with each spec's mastery.

Arcane: Your Mage Armor has been enhanced, causing it to give you 6% of your max mana back divided by the amount of arcane charges you had when you use arcane barrage, or 12% if used with no charges (12/6/3/2/1.5%). Your spells also deal an additional 5% damage and cost an additional 15% mana. - makes your mana pool more volatile, but you can get it back up quickly if you want

Fire: Your Molten Armor has been enhanced, causing your spells to burn hotter the less distance they have to travel to the target. The ignite is increased by 15% at 10 yards and closer, and is reduced to 0% at 40 yards. Also causes the last tick of ignite to hit for four times the total amount was instead of a regular tick (only takes affect if ignite fully falls off a target). - this feels pretty well suited for pvp as you'll hit a target at times and then get cc'd or have another job to do

Frost: Your Frost Armor has been enhanced, causing each Frostbolt multistrike to add an additional icicle the same strength as the original Frostbolt. In addition, each multistrike reduces your cast speed and GCD by 10% for your next spell cast, stacking up to 10 times. - You might have to actually track icicles instead of just using FoF procs with this
    Last edited by Khava; 2014-06-25 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khava View Post
    This is just purely for fun because I know these changes are all extreme or not entirely balanced but just fun for me to think about.
    This thread was made mostly for fun rather than serious theorycrafting so feel free! Afterall my suggestion would require reworking all three mage specs to have to manage mana again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lvl 45 talents i want something more appealing to my eyes and more useful in raids.
    Yeah lol 45 xD
    Last edited by Agnhar; 2014-07-01 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnhar View Post
    The lvl 30 talents i want something more appealing to my eyes and more useful in raids.
    The L45 talents you mean? L30 are very much useful in raids... Well, AT and IB at least. FG sucks and will continue to suck no matter how much they buff it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I main a priest; the difference in the L90 talent rows is as clear as the difference between good and evil. Mage L90 is friggin awful