Page 1 of 3
LastLast

My game runs perfect everywhere except 25man Raids.

I have posted on tom's hardware and reddit, and no one can seem to help me on either site. maybe I can try to find some luck here.

What could be causing this? This is what my fps usually is looking like on ultra:

Uncrowded areas (like Undercity): 200+ fps

Out in the world: 60-100 fps

Orgrimmar: 50-70 fps

Shrine: outside area (30-50), inside (50-100)

Flex Raids: 70-100 fps

LFR: 60-70

25man Normals and Heroics: 40 fps or lower

-

What gives? Why is everywhere in the game running mostly pretty damn good, but not 25 man raids..

My specs:

16 GB of Memory: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

GeForce GTX 770 GPU: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

Intel Core i7-3770k Processor: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

Western Digital HD 500GB Hard Drive: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

ASRock p67 Extreme4 Gen 3 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...)

1000W PSU (its brand new, dont have link offhand)

what I've done so far to try to fix and doesn't work:

1.) reinstall windows, I had to reformat regardless because of newer parts I had to recently put in (like gpu, cpu)

2.) update all drivers

3.) lower some graphics settings (did help, but not enough to run 60 fps I want in raids)

4.) my bios is up to date (didn't change it, but it is up to most recent update)

5.) my power settings are all high performance, etc

I did most of what is asked, the normal things. there's no way I should be having 40 fps in 25 man raids with my set up. any suggestions? there are other things I have done to fix it, but I have done so many things I can't remember them all.

Edit: Also, please do not suggest it's my hardware. I 100% know it's not the hardware. I had the same issue before on my i5, but with my i7 the dip is more severe. On my i5 I had to lower settings. I updated my PSU from a 700w to 1000w (i have the money) and it wasn't lack of power. It is also not my graphics card, I put in my old graphics card and the result is the same. The only thing I haven't upgraded in 2 years has been the motherboard, but I'm pretty sure I'd have other issues besides my main issue if the MB was the issue.
    Last edited by Jayjayhey; 2014-06-16 at 01:33 AM.

25m raiding gives lower fps than standing in a city..... did you really need to be told this??
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

solution: wait until WoD is released and the spell effects are dealt with

try turning off recount. recount causes horrible fps lag in 25 mans.

I am just going to assume you guys didn't read my OP. My specs are more than enough to run 60+ fps in 25man raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    try turning off recount. recount causes horrible fps lag in 25 mans.
    I turned off all addons and the result is the same :/

Its pretty much like this for everybody on ultra(even on lower setting), even if you had a 10K dollars computer it wouldnt be different. The reason why its worse in 25M normal or heroic raid, its because all the people in your raid are Really playing the game, theres so much stuff going on, unlike in LFR where half the raid is AFK or auto attacking. Its also because the game is poorly optimized for modern hardware, the engine is not multi core friendly and most of the stuff run on a single core, this is why we recommend Intel CPU for MMO in general, because you need strong single core performance.

Look at my sig rig, my FPS are usually around 30 on the pull and then vary betwen 35-55 @ 1440p ultra (spell details on Medium)
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2014-06-16 at 01:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    I am just going to assume you guys didn't read my OP. My specs are more than enough to run 60+ fps in 25man raids.
    No not really. As far as I know, no processor can run a consistent 60+ FPS 25 man.

Next time you raid try /console spellEffectLevel 1. If you want to see more detail then you can slide it to anywhere from 1-100. See if that helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Next time you raid try /console spellEffectLevel 1. If you want to see more detail then you can slide it to anywhere from 1-100. See if that helps you.
    is there a way to see where this is noted? I tried it but there was no indication it went through or anything

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    25m raiding gives lower fps than standing in a city..... did you really need to be told this??
    Actually depends, back in Wrath I used to lag more in Dal than in raids :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    No not really. As far as I know, no processor can run a consistent 60+ FPS 25 man.
    You could probably get stable 55 with a Liquid Nitrogen cooled overclock on one or two cores, but any reasonable consumer processor just won't get above the 45 mark.

As for OP, you don't mention an overclock on the i7 or the 770, both of these can be a substantial boost to your hardware, and the processor especially can help your 25man FPS. I assume you are overclocking since you run an absurd PSU and have the K version, so please provide that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    You could probably get stable 55 with a Liquid Nitrogen cooled overclock on one or two cores, but any reasonable consumer processor just won't get above the 45 mark.

As for OP, you don't mention an overclock on the i7 or the 770, both of these can be a substantial boost to your hardware, and the processor especially can help your 25man FPS. I assume you are overclocking since you run an absurd PSU and have the K version, so please provide that info.
    Sorry yeah, I am overclocking my i7 to 4 ghz. Graphics card isn't overclocked but I don't think I should have to OC that. It seems to be a CPU issue.

Heroic raiding is processor heavy. No commercial processor exists that can maintain 60+ fps with everything maxed, especially on something ridiculous like Immersus. Constant 40 fps is not bad at all if you have everything turned up max.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has to deal with calculations of combat, coupled with the rendering of all spell effects and animations of everyone in the group and the boss (combat calculations would have less of an effect, but with addons like recount/skada the memory they take up can slow things like crazy). Being all focused in one general area will cause problems in pretty much all PC's. Noticeably worse when there's adds, providing more spell effects and junk (especially in SoO, such an Add heavy raid).

The solution would be to wait it out until WoD, with that option they're putting in. If still having issues after THAT, then it might be a processor/GPU issue (or the option may be having issues, things can go wrong). Not too positive on the technical aspect, but from what I gather, almost everyone has issues with 25 mans.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

is there a way to see where this is noted? I tried it but there was no indication it went through or anything
    Sorry I forget to mention you have to add SET spelleffectlevel "XXX" to your config.wtf folder for the console command to work in game.

the config.wtf is where it should be, but I'm fairly sure I have mine set and it hasn't appeared there. If you add it manually there using SET spellEffectLevel "###", then it may start showing up then.

Edit: Just beat me, Barnabas

Sorry yeah, I am overclocking my i7 to 4 ghz. Graphics card isn't overclocked but I don't think I should have to OC that. It seems to be a CPU issue.
    4Ghz is a little low so that is probably the reason, I used to have my 2500k clocked to just shy of 4.6 when I was 25 man raiding and thats when it started to get GPU capped, so it might be worth seeing if you can edge that a bit higher. Depending on your cooler you should be able to squeeze a few more multipliers out of it. If I had it in my rig I could probably get 4.4 or 4.5, but its up to your system and what you're comfortable with.
    Last edited by Xs; 2014-06-16 at 02:07 AM.

do you have lags?

why play on ultra?
    dont go for looks. but for performance.

while you are at it.

get a SDD for a speedboost. at least onl loading times. hehe
    crucial mx100 is the new hotseller.
    cant believe you dont use a SSD with the good computer of yours.

also. dont just disable or deinstall Addons.
    but delete your whole WTF folder. if you want to try a clean WoW. then:
    delete Addon folder, delete WTF folder.

beware. back it up. you will lose everything, like Weakaura strings ect.

EDIT:
    what you want is playable game.
    not some high FPS. a FPS of 30 is enough to play smooth with WoW really.

Quote Originally Posted by Luofu View Post
    do you have lags?

why play on ultra?
    dont go for looks. but for performance.

while you are at it.

get a SDD for a speedboost. at least onl loading times. hehe
    crucial mx100 is the new hotseller.
    cant believe you dont use a SSD with the good computer of yours.

also. dont just disable or deinstall Addons.
    but delete your whole WTF folder. if you want to try a clean WoW. then:
    delete Addon folder, delete WTF folder.

beware. back it up. you will lose everything, like Weakaura strings ect.

EDIT:
    what you want is playable game.
    not some high FPS. a FPS of 30 is enough to play smooth with WoW really.
    there is some button lag but like .5 secs or less,

and why play on ultra? because I have a good computer and I expect to play on ultra lol

try a clean WoW first.

if you still have the lag. and you cant take it. then you need to lower your game details

personally I dont care if I play on very low or ultra. I want performance first.

Deleted
    Kezzik

The FPS you list in the OP seems about right where it's expected to be in 25 man raiding, sorry to tell you.

The 1000W power supply was a waste of money and has zero effect your game performance. A quality 450W PSU could run this system.

Your option is basically to lower the CPU intensive tasks in game a little or have slightly better looking game and deal with the lower FPS during heavy combat.

SSD wouldn't help your min/max FPS but it would help loading textures, characters etc. faster to smooth out the experience.

Crucial MX100 256GB is only $108, easily affordable when money is a non-issue.