BrM Challenge Mode woes.

So essentially, I feel an introduction is in order. I have sold multiple carries on a crit/haste blood dk and have raided on a brewmaster for the past couple of tiers. However recently I have felt the desire to tank cms on a brewmaster again, the only issue is that I don't know where to start. Any advice?

Ps. I realise this question is quite broad, but if I receive responses I will obviously be able to provide the required information

Deleted
    For gear http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oP-CM-BiS-list
    For vids Gabestah (Vox Immortalis team) uses BM tank and his vids are well commented https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL2R-OWHMXw

Upsides - mobile, lots of aoe and range snap agro and mobile. I tanked golds for my guild over a couple of weeks and managed to get 9/9 and none of us are stellar players.
    Downside - so many bloody stuns :/ some packs stun stun stun and just chew you up - prepare and make sure your healer has CDs and your team is stunning/interupting back

Thanks greatly for your input.
    On a slight aside, most of the pulls we do in our runs are similar to those of realm best times. Any advice in regards to that would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you're already familiar with the usual CM stuff, go for sockets, etc etc.

Brewmaster is great, just keep Shuffle and Guard up and Breath of Fire the hell out of AoE packs. Glyphing it is incredible. Get used to keg toss kiting, you'll need it in a few places.

ALWAYS have a chi to spare (or expel harm off CD) before an invis run for purify because your stagger dot WILL break it.

Decide whether to go Leg Sweep or Ring of Peace based on comp - if you have lots of other AoE stuns, go RoP to avoid too much DR.

I only just started my own Brewmaster. I'm 10x9/9 and did another Monk already but as Mistweaver. I've read that crit is great because it affects your healing orbs (which you want to be eating up) and RJW is epic - I haven't had much practice yet to confirm though.

Quote Originally Posted by rakkar View Post
    Downside - so many bloody stuns :/ some packs stun stun stun and just chew you up - prepare and make sure your healer has CDs and your team is stunning/interupting back
    Dogs in MSP amirite?

Stunlock them so you can get DPS into them without being eaten alive - coordinate AoE stuns. Once you're out of stuns, run like the bejeezus and get kiting. Keep tossing kegs at them. Hopefully they'll be bunched up and not form a train like they sometimes do.

Also, don't forget Nimble Brew.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-06-16 at 07:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    For monk speed runs check out Klosterbro
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...challenge+mode

Edit: and yeah those dogs - aaaaargh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    I've found that talents matter, depending on the healer/comp.

A lot of the pulls Klosterbro is able to do is largely because of the chain cooldowns a disc priest provides. I ran with a resto shaman for my 9/9 and have had to talent Chi Brew for Elusive Brew and 2 Chi at a pull. I've also found that using Ring of Peace instead of Leg Sweep is useful because of stun DRs with my comp.

Also, do not underestimate the power of rolling out and Clashing in for aoe stun.

Run with an ele. Leg sweep / capacitor totem chain stun is sexual

Deleted
    Where to start, where to start....
    (Bear in mind that I'm speaking from a boosting/realm first perspective so take everything with a grain of salt)
    The Brewmaster is by far the best tanking spec for challenge modes, at least dps-wise.
    As stupid as this might sound but we rely on healers mostly when there are almost no enemys up.
    As soon as you can attack 4+ targets, you should be able to sustain yourself almost entirely.

Tanking raids and tanking cm's are two completely different things.
    As a BrM in raids you take a lot less dmg so get used to things hitting harder than you might expect them to.
    Don't hesitate to use EB at 3Stacks when you feel like you will take a lot of damage. Generally get used to not capping EB constantly ^^

Guard is pretty different in raids and in cm's.
    Where you want to keep Guard for Oh-Shit-Situations in raids, you will rely on it a lot more in cm's.
    Depending on my Vengeance-level I use Guard almost on cooldown except for when I know that I will take a huge hit.

You will actually need to watch Shuffle as you just dont have the Haste to have it up passively.
    Naturally you will need to fill a lot of GCD's with Tiger Palm but that's completely fine. Just "pool" energy for Keg Smash and RJW

Gift of Ox, Expel Harm and Chi Wave will become your friend. Especially at high vengeance levels they heal for A LOT and save your ass multiple times per instance.

We don't have a lot of cooldowns so use them wisely. This comes with experience but try to conserve as many cooldowns as possible without dying.
    At the start of an instance everyone should know when to use their cooldowns. If they don't pop them right away, it might already be too late for you.

Thats everything I could think of on the top of my head, also it's 4 a.m so I should probably go to bed. Might add more tomorrow but thats it for today ^^

Thanks a bunch for the responses guys. Really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by rakkar View Post
    For gear http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oP-CM-BiS-list
    For vids Gabestah (Vox Immortalis team) uses BM tank and his vids are well commented https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL2R-OWHMXw
    His vids are well-commented but I'm not honestly sure he does that great of a job. He makes a LOT of decisions I'd question and, on top of that, his vids are from earlier in the expansion and a bit dated. He doesn't have nimble brew or RJW (and I realize that's not his fault - don't mistake me) and that changes the game a bit.

Another thing you can consider doing is switching to Xuen on the last boss fights. Even if it's an AOE pull boss fight, like MSP, Xuen does quite an insane amount of aoe dps and is well worth the upgrade. You'll do more with him and SCK than just RJW alone. Depends on the skill of your healer though (and their class - priests and druids are quite excellent I've found).