View Poll Results: what religion are you?

Voters
9. This poll is closed
  • Christian

2 22.22%
  • Islamic

1 11.11%
  • Buddhism

0 0%
  • Hinduism

0 0%
  • Atheist

6 66.67%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Religion

Deleted

Religion

Seeying so much talk about religion on these forums. Would really like to know what religion you guys have and why?

PLEASE NO RELIGION BASHING!
    Last edited by mmoc9f2c949fa4; 2014-06-16 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Seeying so much debates around about religions and atheists. Maybe we should just keep the religious debate in 1 thread.

PLEASE NO RELIGION BASHING!

So you want a discussion about religion without religion bashing...good luck with that.

Deleted
    Lock it down!
    Lock it the fuck down!

Deleted
    Changed the thread a little

Religion topics aren't allowed on these forums. Posting a thread with the title 'religion' seems kind of contrary to that rule, no?

inb4 lock?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Deleted
    Atheism isn't a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why do you want to know it? What do you do with this info? Since when is atheism a religion?
    Since there's now churches for atheism. Probably before that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    Oxymoron.
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What the actual fuck now, internet? Grow a thicker skin and stop being a whiny faggot.

Deleted
    I know it isn't a religion, but if you aren't religious, you're atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why do you want to know it? What do you do with this info? Since when is atheism a religion?
    I think its a categorical and labeling error - that is, their error stems from what religion is defined to be.

Religion incorporates elements of supernatural phenomenon, that is attributed to the actions of a incorporeal, almighty, and all knowing being (AKA God), whereas atheism... is the expressed non belief of the supernatural.

Though atheists oppose any semblance of organized religion, it is in no way, a religion - it just tends to be clumped with other religions, and because it is associated with other religions, it is therefore a religion.

Calling atheism a religion, is like calling abstinence a sex position. That's the best analogy I can come up with.

I have to credit that with Bill Maher.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Atheism is as much a religion as bald is a hair color.
    "Do you have a PUT HANDS ON PEOPLE spec?" - Danny

I guarantee you're going to get a slew of "HOW DARE YOU!" posts/messages, lol. Agnostic is not religious but is still not atheist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    Oxymoron.
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What the actual fuck now, internet? Grow a thicker skin and stop being a whiny faggot.

1) Atheism is not a religion. Off is not a tv channel. Transparent is not a color.

2) Nice of you to add Judaism

3) Religion talk isn't allowed on this forum. You know whats my favorite class in WoW? lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also be agnostic, an option i feel is missing from this poll. They do not believe in any higher power but they do not deny the possible existence of them either. There is a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this has already gotten a roaring start into exactly why we don't allow threads on religion. Locking this before the Seven Hells are unleashed for all time upon the lands.