Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Not sure if I fully understand the problem, but you can also boot up your working Windows 8 and THEN connect the SSD to it's cable. It should pop up in Windows just like a USB flash drive. Then you'll just format it or better use a utility for SSD secure erase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    Not sure if I fully understand the problem, but you can also boot up your working Windows 8 and THEN connect the SSD to it's cable. It should pop up in Windows just like a USB flash drive. Then you'll just format it or better use a utility for SSD secure erase.
    I tried this, but Windows couldnt see/read the SSD..

Quote Originally Posted by Shackkill View Post
    The individual links are all the same link, they download the same program that I need to pay for.
    No, they don't. Your clicking on the wrong link again.
    As a example, go to this page. Hover over the first download link and you should see that it leads to a "driver_setup.exe" download. Hover over the second download link(where it says Driver Version: 7.080.0218.2014) and you will see it leads to a "realtek_rtlblahblahbl.zip" file. That is the one you need to download, the first link is just for their software.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    No, they don't. Your clicking on the wrong link again.
    As a example, go to this page. Hover over the first download link and you should see that it leads to a "driver_setup.exe" download. Hover over the second download link(where it says Driver Version: 7.080.0218.2014) and you will see it leads to a "realtek_rtlblahblahbl.zip" file. That is the one you need to download, the first link is just for their software.
    Ah nice, thanks mate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    Your motherboards name is Medion ms-7797. It seems you have sata controller driver installed already, but you could try installing new drivers. First create a system restore point.

Download drivers here: http://www.driverscape.com/manufactu...s/ms-7797/1076
    Download everything under category Motherboard Intel, USB Devices, Motherboard Synaptics and Hard Disk Controller. Install Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller from Network Cards category as well. Install them, and restart computer immediately when requested.
    I tried all this but the SSD still won't be recognized. Now what?

If it still won't be recognized I'd say cables/ssd is damaged. I don't have any more ideas, try searching the web and see if you can find anything, if you have reasons to believe that hardware is ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serratth View Post
    If it still won't be recognized I'd say cables/ssd is damaged. I don't have any more ideas, try searching the web and see if you can find anything, if you have reasons to believe that hardware is ok.
    I switched the cable of the SSD and it still didn't work.
    Isn't there a way to completely reset the SSD, factory reset etc?
    Or a last resort at least? I have this SSD less than a year, would be a shame if it broke already...
    Also is there something I can do to see if the SD is corrupted or if it's the SSD itself that is broken?

I would also thank for all the suggestions that have already been posted

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shackkill View Post
    I switched the cable of the SSD and it still didn't work.
    Isn't there a way to completely reset the SSD, factory reset etc?
    Or a last resort at least? I have this SSD less than a year, would be a shame if it broke already...
    Also is there something I can do to see if the SD is corrupted or if it's the SSD itself that is broken?

I would also thank for all the suggestions that have already been posted
    I think it's all been covered, there's not much you can do. Hopefully you have a receipt or other proof of purchase, get it replaced under warranty.

If you have ubuntu on a thumb drive you can use it to format the SSD
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Hi, Solid state drive (SSD) technology is the newest storage media for laptops, notebooks, netbooks, tablets, and is even used in large scale enterprise storage equipment. SSDs are based on flash storage technology.