Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't cause Lung damage. Surely it is now the miracle drug and we must all smoke it.

Anyways this study is stupid, it reminds me of a study I heard awhile back where they "discovered" that people with a more motivated disposition can quit smoking easier. What are we even paying these people for?
    Last edited by Puck; 2014-06-17 at 05:51 PM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check out this study:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

It talks about how cannabis does not behave the same way as tobacco where cancer is concerned.

Also, who still smokes in the age of vaporizers?
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2014-06-17 at 08:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I run a $10 million / year company, run 16 miles per week, and smoke pot every night when all of my responsibilities are out of the way.

Hasn't bothered me (or anyone else) yet. Toke on, my little children.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I've seen first hand how stupid and slow it can make people. I've never, in my life, seen anyone who does smoke it and isn't a moron.
    /facepalm . . . . you must be new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Check out this study:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

It talks about how cannabis does not behave the same way as tobacco where cancer is concerned.

Also, who still smokes in the age of vaporizers?
    I prefer smoke to vapor myself.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Yay thank you for reassuring me that I am making the right choices!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Isn't aromatherapy literally just about the smells, verging on alternative-medicines but (generally) accepted to be a psychosomatic effect?
    Smell -> breathing -> inhalation -> lungs -> nervous system.

You vaporize substances from a herb, capture them in a tank or a balloon and then inhale. Medical-grade marijuana is used with vaporizers to remove harmful side effects which are inherent in the smoke. This is not an alternative medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    Smell -> breathing -> inhalation -> lungs -> nervous system.

You vaporize substances from a herb, capture them in a tank or a balloon and then inhale. Medical-grade marijuana is used with vaporizers to remove harmful side effects which are inherent in the smoke. This is not an alternative medicine.
    Aromatherapy is alternative medicine.

Diffusing/vaporizing marijuana is not aromatherapy.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ANY toxin you put into your body has some negative effect. It's psychologically addicting, as well, because when you get high, your brain becomes used to that PRETEND euphoria.
    I'm going to venture the guess that you don't know what a toxin is.

I'm fully aware I'm just going to get replies from the typical forum user who states every reply they make in a manner of 'Um, no, you're dumb' insulting my intelligence...
    A good way to show your intelligence is to not make up new definitions for words so they fit with your agenda and provide something more than emotional pleas and anecdotal evidence to create substance for your argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Diffusing/vaporizing marijuana is not aromatherapy.
    It's called aromatherapy in my country. Also wiki says vaporizing is one of the methods of aromatherapy. I'm not a native english speaker, feel free to correct me so I can use a proper form. But logically, if you inhale substances to gain a beneficial effect, it is aromatherapy.

Aromatherapy is a form of alternative medicine that uses volatile plant materials, known as essential oils, and other aromatic compounds for the purpose of altering a person's mind, mood, cognitive function or health.

Modes of application
    Direct inhalation: for respiratory disinfection, decongestion, expectoration as well as psychological effects

Vaporizer (Volatized) raw herbs: Typically higher oil content plant based materials dried, crushed, and heated to extract and inhale the aromatic oil vapors in a direct inhalation modality.
    I must add that while the first paragraph is true about aromatherapy overall being an alternative medicine, vaporizing marijuana is a conventional medicine.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2014-06-18 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    It's called aromatherapy in my country. Also wiki says vaporizing is one of the methods of aromatherapy. I'm not a native english speaker, feel free to correct me so I can use a proper form. But logically, if you inhale substances to gain a beneficial effect, it is aromatherapy.

I must add that while the first paragraph is true about aromatherapy overall being an alternative medicine, vaporizing marijuana is a conventional medicine.
    Must be a language thing, in English "aroma" relates to smell and the whole point of aromatherapy is there is no direct effects on your body-chemistry.

Wow, the amount of stupidity in this thread, I don't even know.

First, this is old news, there were many studies like this, and even ones that suggested that smoking weed can prevent other types of issues with your lungs. Something about the contents of pot keep cancerous cells from growing in your lungs.

Second, the air you breathe living in even a moderately sized city, is easily worse then any of the byproducts of smoking weed.

Third, It considered moderate use okay, meaning twenty times or less a month, but has zero information on how much that means in each session. Does it mean you smoke one hit, and that is your session, or did it account for the fact that you will usually smoke much more then that if you bother to at all. This could tip things either way. The study itself probably asked for such information I would assume, but it wasn't stated in the article so it's hard to tell. For example, you could only smoke 5 times in a month, but smoke a quarter ounce each time you do (unrealistic but I know people like this) or you could smoke a single gram twenty times in a month. The amounts smoked in each case are way different, but would still fall into their definition of "moderate" use.

I'm assuming that the study itself got a lot more of this information then it presented in the article, however, if it didn't, then it's kind of meaningless for any broader conclusions to be drawn.