Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    At 557 ilvl it took no strategy whatsoever. I started out with the strats but realized after a few attempts all I had to do was enslave the mob and burn him. It was close-ish but was insanely easy at that ilvl.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

It was never really that hard. I remember killing him in 2 attempts or less with 500 item level or less without even looking at any online guides. I don't get how people have problems with it.
    Last edited by Jacob Sweets; 2014-06-22 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do this with shitty gear. I did. It's a skill/mechanics check rather than a gear check, so while it'll take a while to memorize the boss fight, it's not too hard. I had low 400 ish ilvl when I did it at around last October, took me a couple weeks.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2014-06-22 at 07:26 PM.

Reading this thread made me scared lol. I'm at 500 -ish and havent started it yet. Guess i'm gonna try to get 525 at least.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I finally got my hands on the scroll and geared my warlock to itemlvl 500... but, after 6 tries, I kinda lost my temper.

I can play every class with no problem and even the affliction and demo warlock is a cakewalk. But everyone is recommending destruction, which I absolutely detest. It all feels so weird and clunky.

Watched loads of guides and I know it's a skill-fight, but this shit is really really tricky man. It requires so many tabs and macro's, that I'm wondering whether or not destro is the best spec for it.

Either that or I'm not good at this (something I also hate)

Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by LostThunder View Post
    Even at 522+ iLvL make sure you create and use the Macro's for the fight
    (Link: Guide with Macro in the Comments for the Fight over at WoWHead)

One mistake and you can still wipe no matter what iLvL you are, but with the macro's, and a little reading into the fight you should manage it within a few attempts.

I highly recommend watching a video of the boss fight on YouTube.
    Fight has changed since 5.2, so you'll want to find a 5.4 guide, but notable differences is the increased CD on your portal and the fact that it no longer drops threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Chalupa View Post
    Even for a lock in just full Grievous gear?
    People have managed to do it in Timeless Isle quality gear, so I don't think that's an issue. The main problem isn't dealing as much DPS as you can, but knowing how to hold your own while going through the phases.

Just completed this on the weekend. I'm not a great warlock, so it took me about 2-3 hours to get it down at 522. Your pitlord is not going to tank anything for you - so don't think of him as that. Your pitlord is now effectively your dispeller and healer. Although I didn't do it having a weakaura setup to show when fel flame breath was ready right up on your screen would be handy.

The absolute hardest phase is felhunters - the vast majority of wipes happened when felhunters were mishandled. If you get this phase down and maintain your dispells you'll do fine.

During the opening phase just build embers, as pitlord comes out you can fear him to get more dps time on the boss before enslaving to really start the encounter - I tried this at first but it was a bit iffy, so eventually just settled on enslaving straight up. You can set Kanrethad as your focus with a focus target macro for chaos bolt if you think it'll help you get some more boss damage.

Kanrethad will not cast cataclysm going into the first imp phase. Feel free to unload chaos bolts here, but keep one ember up for fnb immo on the imps, you want to do at least one to start getting your embers again. You will be flush with embers during imps, if you can squeeze a few chaos bolts off do so, but the timing felt pretty tight between when the last imps came out and when he did a chaosbolt.

Once the felhunter phase starts target the first one, immo, havoc, target second and CB - you might need a macro here that'll target the first felhunter and set focus. If they don't die they'll be in execute range so shadowburn for free embers. Establish aggro on third and start having your pitlord wander towards you to dispell. Dodge the chaos bolt.

On the doom lord phase, have a macro that banishes it, pitlord dispell, dismiss and resummon, pitlord heal, burn boss, dodge the chaos bolt. The doomlord will come out once in a while, just hit the banish macro and you're golden. If the doomlord comes out during the felhunter phase ignore the bugger until the felhunters are dead. Don't panic, it doesn't do that much damage in the short time you're dealing with the felhunters - use sac pact if you're worried.

There aren't too many times you're going to be really hurting for embers in this fight, if the choice is use an ember tap or potentially die, use the ember tap.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, this is no flasks or food buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i did the green fire quest in pvp gear ilvl around 500, its not hard to do, you just need to memorize the mechanics.

I killed him around 502ilvl during 5.2. took my like 10 tries, the only hard part is controlling the pit lord and dispelling yourself

I'm interested to know if it'll be account-wide or just a title usable by warlocks...since I did that quest back when it first came out and my warlock was 479 ilvl or something.

The title is HELLA cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    I killed him around 502ilvl during 5.2. took my like 10 tries, the only hard part is controlling the pit lord and dispelling yourself
    The dispelling is done with the breath>?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear is really not the most important thing with this questline. It's mostly your understanding and ability to maneuver around certain mechanics.
    My warlock was about ilvl 510 when he got his. It'll be easier with better gear, sure, but it's totally doable with less-than-optimal gear.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

What spell hit % do you need? Is it 15%?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The video by Serious helped me do it. As others have pointed out, learn the tactics of the fight and execute the timing right and you will be able to do it Took me several tries to learn the fight, the placement of the Pit Loord and killing the Fel Hunters was the part I struggeled with the most. When I nailed that, the fight was easy

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    The dispelling is done with the breath>?
    Sacrifice your Imp to get Cauterize Master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anybody tried Kanrethad on a different spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Sacrifice your Imp to get Cauterize Master.
    Thanks! I'll try that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazooma View Post
    I can't kill the imps
    I've been trying for an hour and die every time to them.
    I use the Pit Fiends breath on the first wave, then I pop Dark Bargain, Mannoroth's fury, rain of fire on the second. I use Unending Resolve/healthstone/demonic siphon when DB ends, hit them with Shadowfury between waves 2 & 3. I Even tried the infernal (but he just seemed to run after the boss)
    Even with soulshatter they aggro me not the Pit Fiend and just blast me to nothing.

Any suggestions please?
    My gear is ilvl 510, I'm affliction spec and I need 2 full RoF to kill an imp
    If you're going Affy then you should SoC Kanrethad and then SS onto the Imps (generally you never use RoF as Affy), although at 510 ilvl I'd highly recommend going Destro since RoF + FnB makes the Imps fairly trivial and Havoc is great for the Felhunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it with crappy gear. You just need to know what you are doing.

did it yesterday in 515 gear and destruction spec, the only trouble i had were the felhunters, outside of that it was very easy.

Popped Doomguard and all CD's at start, feared Pit Lord then i enslaved him.

Clean debuffs with pit lord's breath, and used the chaos bolt portal strategy.

For imps: drop rain of fire (have at least 2 burning embers before imps spawn) fire and brimstone -> immolate -> conflag -> (if they're still alive incinerate)

When he casts cataclysm, charge him and cast a chaos bolt so it deals more dmg.

For Felhunters, i manually took the pit lord far away, meanwhile i went to the portal put Havoc on one felhunter, and chaos bolted another felhunter (both died and casted another chaos bolt to the last one).

If he gets to summon the other demon, just get aggro with the pit lord and dps BOSS.

GL

**PD I never used macros or something, just clicked the pet bar
    Last edited by wavv; 2014-06-23 at 03:48 PM.