Deleted

Garrosh opener as destro

I have tried different openers and I will share mine but I'd like to know how you open on Garrosh first.

My opener is not bad but I can't seem to hit the dps that some warlocks do (I realize dps in the opener is very rng based).

Pot>Pre-cast Incin>DS>Imm>Conflagx2>Incin until Ember Master, Chaos Bolt x 1, RoF, Havoc, FnB, Incin, Imm, Incin, Incin, Shadowburn adds...

Depends if you're on the engineer or not after the first chaos bolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    Pot>Pre-cast Incin>DS>Imm>Conflagx2>Incin until Ember Master, Chaos Bolt x 1, RoF, Havoc, FnB, Incin, Imm, Incin, Incin, Shadowburn adds...

Depends if you're on the engineer or not after the first chaos bolt.

I see you don't FnB Immolate with embers master up, any reason for that?

Also why do you havoc when you're basically just using FnB?

How you open totally depends on your goal. If it's just to see big numbers than yes open until you proc ember master then aoe including fnb immo.

But if you are opening for boss damage, RoF by itself is enough to get you with embers for CB spam, and you should never even activate FnB.

If you're on farm, go crazy with the former, if on progression, boss damage is way more important, and go with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I see you don't FnB Immolate with embers master up, any reason for that?

Also why do you havoc when you're basically just using FnB?
    You havoc while just using FnB cause the adds die extremely fast, so you just keep havoc on the boss and quickly snipe shadowburn the adds when they're low on health, which is a sizeable single target dps boost, and makes your numbers on the meters skyrocket

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    How you open totally depends on your goal. If it's just to see big numbers than yes open until you proc ember master then aoe including fnb immo.

But if you are opening for boss damage, RoF by itself is enough to get you with embers for CB spam, and you should never even activate FnB.

If you're on farm, go crazy with the former, if on progression, boss damage is way more important, and go with the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valq View Post
    You havoc while just using FnB cause the adds die extremely fast, so you just keep havoc on the boss and quickly snipe shadowburn the adds when they're low on health, which is a sizeable single target dps boost, and makes your numbers on the meters skyrocket

Ok I'll explain the situation better.

- First set of adds melts so quickly that I don't think I could get a shadowburn in.
    - I'm on engineer duty so I leave usually as the adds die
    - We don't have any dps problems, the only thing that we have to kill quickly are the 2nd set of adds. So that's what I'd be looking to maximise damage on.

- I already know how to maximise damage on the 2nd set of adds, I'm just looking for the best opener.

Basically what I'm saying: damage in the opener doesn't really matter at all as my guild is very well geared and stuff melts instantly, this is all about getting those high numbers.
    Last edited by mmocdf563b865a; 2014-06-17 at 04:45 PM.

There's no way the adds melt so fast you can't get a shadowburn in, its just not possible, except if you play with idk.. 500ms or something.

Being on Engineer duty kinda limits your ability to have a good opener on garrosh tbh, why don't you implement a rotation system sort of thing to give every player a chance to be at the boss every now and then, and swap belt duty around.

I mean, the biggest part of your opener is actually being able to pull off a chaos bolt pre-add spawn, AoE the adds and snipe shadowburns onto the boss, and then continue your rotation with whatever proccs you get (you're usually capped on embers after the shadowburn sniping) so you'll probably be chaos bolting a bit till the next add spawn, then you say you can manage it from there.

Summary: Get rid of engineer duty, have fun.

Deleted
    There's no way the adds melt so fast you can't get a shadowburn in, its just not possible, except if you play with idk.. 500ms or something.

Being on Engineer duty kinda limits your ability to have a good opener on garrosh tbh, why don't you implement a rotation system sort of thing to give every player a chance to be at the boss every now and then, and swap belt duty around.

I mean, the biggest part of your opener is actually being able to pull off a chaos bolt pre-add spawn, AoE the adds and snipe shadowburns onto the boss, and then continue your rotation with whatever proccs you get (you're usually capped on embers after the shadowburn sniping) so you'll probably be chaos bolting a bit till the next add spawn, then you say you can manage it from there.

Summary: Get rid of engineer duty, have fun.
    Ahah, well there's no way I'll get rid of engi duty.

Anyways things I'll be looking into are: single chaos bolt before the adds spawn and shadowburns, but I don't think I'll be able to get many of those both because the adds die insanely quickly and because when that's when I have to leave for the engi.

Thanks for the inputs.

yeah, if you are on engineer's, saving ember's for engineers doesn't play well with padding for numbers.

for straight padding I would:

1. pre-pot, pre-cast incinerate
    2. Immolate
    3. conflag x2
    4. Incinerate until ember master
    5. Dark Soul and Beserking (if troll)
    6. FnB Immolate
    7. ROF (keep up, your second cast should still be with beserking up)
    8. FnB conflag > incin until close to sburn range
    9. havoc boss, tab sburn (unless you can get your guild to hold off on adds, do not glyph havoc - you can use it again on first wolfrider)
    10. chaos bolt boss (i.e. stop AoE) if procs still up or once 2-3 adds are dead.

You also just have to hope for procs. Ideally, you don't proc any trinkets for the first 7-8 seconds and everything including meta gem procs right when your first ember master does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    yeah, if you are on engineer's, saving ember's for engineers doesn't play well with padding for numbers.

for straight padding I would:

1. pre-pot, pre-cast incinerate
    2. Immolate
    3. conflag x2
    4. Incinerate until ember master
    5. Dark Soul and Beserking (if troll)
    6. FnB Immolate
    7. ROF (keep up, your second cast should still be with beserking up)
    8. FnB conflag > incin until close to sburn range
    9. havoc boss, tab sburn (unless you can get your guild to hold off on adds, do not glyph havoc - you can use it again on first wolfrider)
    10. chaos bolt boss (i.e. stop AoE) if procs still up or once 2-3 adds are dead.

You also just have to hope for procs. Ideally, you don't proc any trinkets for the first 7-8 seconds and everything including meta gem procs right when your first ember master does.
    Any reason why you blow your cds after ember master and not right at the pull like most people seem to do? Is it because you want to have full dark soul during the aoe fest?

Wouldn't dark soul last into the aoe anyway? My guild just got to garry so I'm not sure on the timings yet. (I wasn't there when normal garry was a thing)
    Last edited by mmocdf563b865a; 2014-06-17 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    From my experience, first set of adds is dead in about 5 seconds.

This usually means you get 3 incinerates off followed by shadowburn spam.

I wouldn't bother with FnB Immolate on the first pack, waste of time.

You mentioned your on the engineer and I did this for months on 10 man, so I'll share how I did it.

Prepot and Incinerate
    Immolate
    Dark Soul and Conflag x2
    Incinerate x3
    Chaos Bolt and refresh Immolate on boss
    RoF

At this point Weapon is thrown, adds are appearing, and you need to start making your way to Engineer.

FnB Incinerate 2-3 times
    FnB Conflag (adds are dying)
    Havoc boss and use portal to place yourself at engineer.
    Chaos Bolt x2 into engineer, finish with shadowburn (procs your 4 set again usually).
    Take gateway back and chaos bolt + immolate before 4pc fades.

Any reason why you blow your cds after ember master and not right at the pull like most people seem to do? Is it because you want to have full dark soul during the aoe fest?

Wouldn't dark soul last into the aoe anyway? My guild just got to garry so I'm not sure on the timings yet. (I wasn't there when normal garry was a thing)
    2 reasons:
    1. yes, I want dark soul to last through the aoe and be available to for when i cast immolate on the 1st wolfrider
    2. If you pop dark soul on the pull, you are more likely to build an ember and proc ember master too quickly (i.e. before the adds make it to the boss).

@Liquid steel: I disagree about immolate (if padding is the goal). Adds die fast that's true, but it's more like 10 seconds (at least in my raid, and that's with 3 bro-storming warriors), not 5. There is also the additional RoF damage to take into account. FnB immo on 7 targets (boss + adds, not weapon) +RoF bonus damage together, these make FnB immo worth casting if you do it during ember master and with beserking up. Again, this is only for padding purposes.

Deleted
    Guess it depends on your raid.

They die in 5 seconds once theyre in FnB/RoF radius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Chaos Bolt x2 into engineer, finish with shadowburn (procs your 4 set again usually).
    Take gateway back and chaos bolt + immolate before 4pc fades.
    Thanks to everyone for the answers, I find it really interesting to see how different people deal differently with the same problems.

Question: why do you take the gateway back?

What I do: Gateway at 1 sec left on engi spawn, 2xchaosbolt. If I didn't have massive procs up (which I usually don't have) and I know the engi is not going to die with 2 CB I will start casting Incinerate while moving back to the boss. This usually takes care of the engineer and as I move out of range I get in range of my demonic portal, I take that and this puts me in range of garrosh to apply immolate and start my rotation again.

With this method I found I have little to no downtime in terms of damage.

I find it very hard to use shadowburn on the engi as Chaos Bolt has some painfully slow travel time and it kinda messes with my timings, I just need to get used to it I guess.

Deleted
    I take the gateway back because I can do my full rotation moving there anyway, and it lets me get back instantly with a 4pc proc ready to be used on Garrosh.

Doesn't seem to be a huge difference either way, but it worked just fine for me.

Not true for the very first set of adds. On our normal farm kills the first set of adds die withing 2-3 globals. I save my FnB conflagrates for that cuz wont be able to get barely 1 incinerate and the first set of adds are DEAD. Second set takes a bit long, those I usually dot them up and am able to get some incinerates off, also able to get SB's off them too.

- - - Updated - - -

When padding hard I save DarkSoul for when the adds are about to come. If I get lucky and the Bindinds proc are also a bit delayed then its perfect, I get some huge conflagrates off the first set of adds and then off to CB boss.

If you burn only one Conflag on your opener you have double charges for F&B on the adds. I delay my DarkSoul until adds are out as well so that I still have time left on it for first Eng, which ensure its dies quickly regardless of trinket procs.

I prefer to take Gateway to the Eng as if I get slowed by an add it ensures I still get there the exact same time every time and allows me to cast an extra CB before leaving which I can not do on the move. I use Nitro Boost to get back.

I havoc right before taking gateway to engineer for the first CB, and its up in time to Shadowburn cleave off first Wolf Rider.

Deleted
    1. Wave of adds is down, as said, in 2-4 GCDs. I myself havoc the Boss and try to snipe them. I get of 1-3 SB's but the havoc bug, normaly only copies 1, best 2.
    Only exception is, when 1 add runs after the engineur guys.. than i get all 6 out. Thats always nice for DPS =P

But I see other WL's get better numbers with just AOE'ing the Adds, even keep 2 confl. for the first set of adds. And its even less pain to do so.