Noob question.... Im looking for builds

Hi... Just like the title says... Ive search google for "diablo 3 2.0 builds" and I get some site telling me what people use in the top 20% and the bottom... Yada yada yada... I dont care about individual stats....

Im looking for a site, or sites, dedicated to build for endgame playing.... For any character.... But if it matters, I have a DH, Barb, WH, and a Wiz (for now) I am trying to find the optimimal "dps/live and dont die right away part torment 1" build

I know this question is really basic, and noobish, but.... Gimme a break... I have candy? haha

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't care about stats, yet you want an optimal build? You need to make up your mind.

If you don't care about stats, any build works fine.

If you want optimal builds, the sites that tell you the top 20% have builds that works well.

What exactly do you want?

Deleted
    Go to http://www.diablofans.com/

On the frontpage they show interesting builds every now and then but you can also browse the class forums for builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    You don't care about stats, yet you want an optimal build? You need to make up your mind.

If you don't care about stats, any build works fine.

If you want optimal builds, the sites that tell you the top 20% have builds that works well.

What exactly do you want?
    No it wasnt that... I wanted optimal DPS, with the survivability... Something that isnt just a cookie cutter like wow used to be.... If that makes sense..

Quote Originally Posted by INecrosiSI View Post
    Go to http://www.diablofans.com/

On the frontpage they show interesting builds every now and then but you can also browse the class forums for builds.
    Ya know I have been on that site for a long time, and tbh I never ever knew they had builds there until you pointed that out... Thanks! That was what I was looking for!

I have one more question... Is there a site or something that tells me what kinda gear I should be going for? Is there a "perfect set" per say for a DH, and Barb.. etc Like the green items... Or is it all about mixing and matching gear to get the most out of it?

Also.... I know I know I said a few questions.... How do people have gear on it that have things like "Crit for 100%" or something like that.... I have gear that'll only be 8-10%.... What am I doing wrong.

Like I said, I play the game, I dont die, but I am missing something obvious I guess, and I would like help... Thank you!
    Last edited by johnnymcdanger; 2014-06-17 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnymcdanger View Post
    No it wasnt that... I wanted optimal DPS, with the survivability... Something that isnt just a cookie cutter like wow used to be.... If that makes sense..
    Cookie cutter builds will always exist in games like these, and they are there for a reason; because they are the best builds.

I have one more question... Is there a site or something that tells me what kinda gear I should be going for? Is there a "perfect set" per say for a DH, and Barb.. etc Like the green items... Or is it all about mixing and matching gear to get the most out of it?
    Class set pieces are probably part most optimal for all the classes. However each build relies on its own set of items, of which class items are only a part of, and most builds can still diversify. Simply put, there is no full set of gear that is the best. Builds determine what gear is most optimal and they vary greatly.

Importantly, nobody can tell you what class or what build you should be playing. You need to decide those things for yourself, and then maybe people can help you by telling what kind of gear you need, unless you can find out that for yourself.

Just lurking on reddit and reading up on different builds and discussions can be informative enough to give you an idea what works and what doesn't work for your class.

Im looking for a site, or sites, dedicated to build for endgame playing.... For any character.... But if it matters, I have a DH, Barb, WH, and a Wiz (for now) I am trying to find the optimimal "dps/live and dont die right away part torment 1" build.
    On the bright side, any build will work in T1. You don't need any special gear; on the contrary, you can do it well enough in just pure yellows.
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2014-06-17 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want help with making a build you like, you can post here. A rough start is to figure out what is your favorite spender -- skill that uses resource. This should not be something that has a cooldown (with some exceptions). Once you pick a spender, then look at how you can base your build around it. That means reading every rune and ability to see which one has synergy with your chosen spender.

Chances are, someone out there would have a build that is close to what you have in mind. That's what's nice about this game -- until you reach the high end level Torments, if you build wisely, you will do fine with any build.

The opposite of that is to see what drops you get (usually legendaries), and then build around that item. For example, you may find a fictional legendary that makes it so that your Hammer of the Ancients now hits everything on your screen. There's your spender. Now build around that.

OP.

As a veteran inn figuring out shit here are my top 3 tips when I start new games:

1. Offical forums, or fan forums. MMO-champion is a GREAAAAT example on how a forum can be helpfull to teach you about a game (WoW inn this case...). EU forums for Diablo3 er abit slow, but US offical forums are more active inn class forums.

2. YOUTUBE AND GOOGLE! I know....but it works. Just gotta know what to search for, and take your time.

3. Play the game yourself, figuring out stuff as you go along. This can also be more fun sometimes.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    dedicated to build for endgame playing
    I am trying to find the optimimal "dps/live and dont die right away part torment 1" build
    Yeah... Torment 1 and "endgame" in Diablo 3 are completely different. If you have no gear, then you won't be doing "endgame", or let's just call it T6, any time soon, and by the time you've farmed enough gear to get anywhere near those levels, you will have figured out the skills yourself.

Torment 1 builds require you to have decent level 70 rare gear with the correct stats, and maybe like 2-3 hours of playing on T1 under your belt. Then you'll realize what works and what doesn't yourself, and pretty much everything will.

"Endgame" builds require you to farm for hundreds of hours if you're playing solo, or still several dozen hours most likely even if you're being handed free gear in multiplayer, and if you've got shit luck, then either way you're screwed. Basically to get a T6 gear set you either have to grind like a crazy person, have other people play the game for you and gift you the items by carrying you through, or just be stupidly lucky.

Either way, what you're asking for is a contradiction.

Builds have actually not much to share with survivability and dps - most of it comes form correct gearing and hunting for the best stats/rolls.

Some builds are more efficient than others because of the synergy between skills, but you can absolutely run any difficulty with any build, you'll just be slower to a degree. it's your choice what to prioritize between efficiency and a builld/playstyle you like.

First of all, we need to know what character you're playing and maybe an armory link. From that we can start to actually help.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Up to torment 4 you can almost run any build as any class as long as the build has some resemblances of Synergy.

When you start torment 5/6 there is still huge variety of builds that work somewhat well, but there is usually 2-3 builds per class that is so much faster than the others.

Barb: Leapquake, Hota Spam
    Crusader: Firestarter, Shotgun, Lord commander
    Demon Hunter: Cluster spam, Sentry
    Monk: Zdps, Dash
    Witch Doctor: Pet, Jade
    Wizard: Perma Archon, MMconflag, Hydra, Wand of Woh

Fire builds will always be the highest damage builds whilst there are several slots that are limited to only +fire damage.

Just get some +x% fire damage gear, forge some vitality on it and use random fire spells.

Sad but true.

Advice: Care about stats..