Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cigs are bad....everyone knows that. It doesnt matter if others cant smell a smoke from them. They still kill you slowly.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Cigs are bad....everyone knows that. It doesnt matter if others cant smell a smoke from them. They still kill you slowly.
    Do you even know what an electric cigarette is!?

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Been using one for just over a month, probably the best thing I've ever purchased. So many Pros and zero (in my mind) Cons.

It was actually ranked at number 3 in the 'Navitas' top 3 inventions of the 21st Century' behind 3D printing and Stem cell research

I still smoke it in designated smoking areas (well, a few feet away as I now don't like the smell of smoke :P) and still treat others with respect regardless of the fact it's harmless to them.

I'd rather smoke an e-cig everyday than drink coffee everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Funnily enough, I have actually had many people ask me what flavor I was currently smoking because they enjoyed the scent.
    That mean everyfuckingone does? Stay away from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Is this supposed war against e-cigarettes really coming from regular, non-smokers, or rather a propaganda-esque attack by those who would, and are, losing a consumer base?
    On the nosey...

Frankly I don't know why tobacco didn't just jump on this and run with it.

At any rate, I'm not too keen on people blowing smoke around in my general vicinity. If I sat around with a bubble gun absent-mindedly spraying around, I'm sure I would perturb a few people. "Dude it's just dish soap, lighten up," probably wouldn't get me very far.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still disapprove of them, but if I had the choice of being around someone with regular cigarettes of electronic ones I'd rather be around the electronic ones. They still smell like shit in my opinion, but nothing is worse than somebody spewing smoke that just filtered through their body out and into your vicinity. It's like someone farting in front of you, except with farts they can be funny (sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    It does matter to me, it's everybodys personal decision whether or not to slowly die (not knowing anything about the ecigs at this point however) but I don't want to be involved by smelling the fumes. So I do approve as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    not a smoker myself, never have been one. but i always enjoy the smell of cigarettes. i do approve of people going for healthy choices like e-ciggs though so all in all its approved.
    you might start smoking 1 day
    atleast thats how i started, i like the smell of smoke even before i started and after i quit also

Quote Originally Posted by Hooliganz View Post
    you might start smoking 1 day
    atleast thats how i started, i like the smell of smoke even before i started and after i quit also
    Sounds reasonable, the smell has always been highly repelling, just awful in general and I haven't done it or intend to start it either.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be much happier if my partner would stick to e-cigarettes than filling her lungs with the shit they put in regular cigarettes. The smell is also much more pleasant.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    I'd rather smoke an e-cig everyday than drink coffee everyday...
    One is an addictive mildly toxic ingredient that no one should consume and the other is coffee.

You can stop drinking coffee at any time without any side effects but if you stop taking your daily dose of nicotine you'll start to get withdrawal symptoms. I wonder which of them is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrotesque View Post
    It does matter to me, it's everybodys personal decision whether or not to slowly die.
    It really isn't - people who smoke often end up piling up the expenses for those of us who live healthy lives. And before you come up with the "but the taxes.." aren't even close to covering up the expenses caused by smokers to the health industry and society in general.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, not that I'm defending cigarettes by I've watched people go through some fairly awful caffeine withdrawal if they don't get their regular cup of coffee.

If you live in a universal health care system you should care about the health of other people, people that smoke cause a huge burden on our health care system (in Canada) and we would be better off without cigarettes in general, even considering the taxes we get off of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    i switched from cigars to a Gsmoker (refillable e-sig) about a week ago, and i must say, i like it a lot.

2 out of 3 co-workers use it as well, and we are happily vaping in the office. no more complaints from the gf about bad breath and no more walking outside in the rain/cold for a smoke.

we looked up the ingredients, and it's basically water, nicotine and flavor additives. what you breath out is basically fog with a small hint of perfume, provided the amount of flavoring is high enough. if it isn't its just smell-free water damp / fog. no tar or other additives.

not only that, but there are actually different amounts of nicotine in the liquids (store bought) 24mg, 18mg, 8 mg and 0 mg. so if you are struggling with the habit but want to quit completely, you could basically switch to a lower amount of mg of nicotine every couple of weeks until you hit 0. dunno how hard it would be to just not use it at all after that.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    One is an addictive mildly toxic ingredient that no one should consume and the other is coffee.

You can stop drinking coffee at any time without any side effects but if you stop taking your daily dose of nicotine you'll start to get withdrawal symptoms. I wonder which of them is worse.
    Pretty sure more people on this planet are addicted to caffeine than nicotine, dude. Most people can't function with a nice cup of Joe every morning. I guess you've never met anyone who's tried to kick their caffeine habit. You don't physically shake when you stop smoking. Caffeine withdrawal is something I never want to experience.

Not saying Nicotine is harmless, or better just, that people are saying 'Nicotine is bad, k' when compared to other regularly taken, legal drugs on the market it's actually OK.

Deleted
    Grow some balls and quit, stop relying on gimmicks to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Lol, not that I'm defending cigarettes by I've watched people go through some fairly awful caffeine withdrawal if they don't get their regular cup of coffee.
    Someone being kind of grumpy in the morning or go on about how "on edge" they are really aren't the same thing

If you live in a universal health care system you should care about the health of other people, people that smoke cause a huge burden on our health care system (in Canada) and we would be better off without cigarettes in general, even considering the taxes we get off of them.
    Don't forget people who smoke in apartment buildings
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It really isn't - people who smoke often end up piling up the expenses for those of us who live healthy lives. And before you come up with the "but the taxes.." aren't even close to covering up the expenses caused by smokers to the health industry and society in general.
    Normal Cigarette - yes, E-cigs - no. Please explain where the harmful part of an e-cig is and how it's killing people.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is where I can secretly feel smug about being sober in every aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    not only that, but there are actually different amounts of nicotine in the liquids (store bought) 24mg, 18mg, 8 mg and 0 mg. so if you are struggling with the habit but want to quit completely, you could basically switch to a lower amount of mg of nicotine every couple of weeks until you hit 0. dunno how hard it would be to just not use it at all after that.
    Smokers often form oral fixations even after they've quit smoking. My grandfather who quit (his express reason was "so the government wouldn't get any more of his money") still chewed on toothpicks, hard candy, etc for the rest of his life.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Some people on here are either massive idiots or grossly misinformed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Smokers often form oral fixations even after they've quit smoking. My grandfather who quit (his express reason was "so the government wouldn't get any more of his money") still chewed on toothpicks, hard candy, etc for the rest of his life.
    I fail to see what your point is here.