Thread: Brawling

Brawling

So I finally got round to trying Brawling in Diablo with a friend. It quickly became apparent that, whilst I didn't expect it to be balanced, I was not expecting the sheer level of ridiculousness that incurred.

First scenario: I, on my Wizard (something like 3 million damage to elites which I believe brawlers count as) and my friend on his Witch Doctor.

It was a literal one-shot fest. If I landed a single spell on him, he'd instantly die (this is no exaggeration, one arcane torrent hit would 100-0 him).

Second scenario: he logs his Crusader and we play around with talents a bit; then Falling Sword happens. He becomes un-attackable (as he's in the air) slams the ground (usually proc'ing my cheat death) then I am infinitely stunned from it and killed from the area damage. The 5 second stuns that don't break on damage were just as edge-of-seat-exciting. On the flip side, if he missed with Falling Sword (pretty hard to miss though), I could kill him just by standing next to him and popping Archon (I wouldn't even need to actually attack).

Now maybe I just experienced a very minor case (though it seemed practically all of our abilities would one/two shot eachother).

The question I'm asking: has anyone actually managed to make Brawling mode at least half feasible (say stacking elite damage reduction or something) or is it something you accept is unbalanced and leave it at that?

Post experiences please!

I can afk in it and let my zombie dog one shot people, It's not made for real combat.

If I don't use tallmans, dogs do nothing.... This game won't see balanced PVP for a LONG time.

I forgot this thing even existed, I actually have never even bothered to try it, mostly likely never will. Do you just get sent somewhere to beat each other up or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I forgot this thing even existed, I actually have never even bothered to try it, mostly likely never will. Do you just get sent somewhere to beat each other up or something?
    I always get ported to the same place -- the Old Ruins where the cathedral was. It's definitely not meant to be anything serious. The winner is whoever gets the first shot out. And you can die, so I don't even dare try it in HC.

WIth my Dh it is usually the same:
    See the enemy? CA, win.
    Enemy tries to attack? SB, then CA and win.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me miss d2 going outside of tristram and dueling/pvping all night...so much fun...except for hammerdins teleporting on your head trying to 1-shot you.

Totally agree that brawling is currently completely unbalanced and given too little attention to. D3 PVP is a contest of who-hits-first, or who-is-playing-WD. If you fight with no gear at all (or only gear from town merchants) then the experience could be decently passable.. at best.