Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I dont understand a word you've just said dude.

The why: Ego.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    As the title says, is not mistake suppose to be unintentional like accidents? When someone fully knows what he/she is doing, and still does it with an uncompromised mind
    To me a mistake is something you do, you do it on porpose, because given the info you have make you belive its the rigth thing to do, but because you didnt had enougth info or just had bad info, the thing you tinking it was was the rigth thing to do turns out to be the wrong thing to do, a mistake.

Lest say im doing a test and one of the questions is what is the Capital of Portugal and the possible options are Madrid, Paris, Lisbond and London.
    Lets say that i chose Madrid because i confused Portugal (Lisbond, with Spain (Madrid), that is a mistake.
    You can see i just made a mistake, i had the intention/and not by accident to put Madrid.

To sum up Mistakes dont need to be unintentional accidents, they can be tougth (like pressing the rigth key when you are wirtihng a texto on the PC)
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

humans are not binary with right/wrong...
    Sometimes it seems like a good idea, but it turns out not to be, sometimes it seems worth the risk sometimes its not.
    Many times it is though, hindsight 20/20 makes taking risks seem stupid, but in many cases they can turn into really good things, as much as they can backfire.

Not to mention that sometimes we put our own interests ahead of others, and what is "wrong" in many cases, is purely a matter of perspective and result.

Deleted
    That means I can fully do something knowingly, and regret it when i get caught, it is still a mistake?
    Yes, that is a mistake.

Then, why is mistake treated as if I had somehow lesser blame.
    Is it?

Why is not every action that results in bad consequences considered a mistake?
    They are. That is the definition of a mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    I dont understand a word you've just said dude.
    your conclusion wasn't wrong, your facts were.
    ergo you didn't make a mistake concluding.

Why is not every action that results in bad consequences considered a mistake?
    They are. That is the definition of a mistake.
    This...

I don't understand the point of this thread. Are you asking us to explain what a mistake is? If that was the case, it has been pointed out multiple times.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Most of the time, they don't regret what they did. They only regret that they were stupid enough to get caught.

Like Donald Sterling, for example. He doesn't regret what he said at all, and probably still believes 100% of it. He only regrets that it was recorded, he got caught being a racist asshole and his NBA team is being taken away as a result.