Timeless isle guards hate spectral guise?

So i was standing in celestial court and accidentally hit my spectral guise spell, and then all of a sudden the guards just aggro'd onto me for no reason. As far as i know this spell doesn't do any damage, and there weren't any alliance in the area to even trigger aggro.

So i sat there trying it over and over and its like there is a bug where spectral guise has a 1 in 5 chance or something to randomly get aggro on the guards. Anyone else get this??

Does it act as a taunt or something?

As far as i know it doesn't taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    Does it act as a taunt or something?
    It just makes you go into stealth for a few seconds/3hits, mainly a pvp talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    It just makes you go into stealth for a few seconds/3hits, mainly a pvp talent.
    Yea I know what it is - it actually is quite useful in some PvE as well. It doesn't just stealth you, it provides a copy of yourself that the enemy attacks instead of you.

I'm guessing that since the tooltip reads: "Your shadow blurs into the darkness, leaving your true form behind. As a shadow you are stealthed, but remain in combat" putting you into combat is what attracts the guards?

Deleted
    I think the shadow does not count as a player but as a npc which is why they attacked it which put them in combat with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    I think the shadow does not count as a player but as a npc which is why they attacked it which put them in combat with you.
    This. Must be what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    Definitely. You're spawning an enemy mob right next to them.

Well, you can get attacked for attacking a mob with smite and having the atonement heal hit someone who is in pvp combat. However, if I'm attacked, the guards never come to my assistance. As far as I can tell, the guards are worse than useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    Well, you can get attacked for attacking a mob with smite and having the atonement heal hit someone who is in pvp combat. However, if I'm attacked, the guards never come to my assistance. As far as I can tell, the guards are worse than useless.
    Yeah they really suck. If some rogue opens on you just outside the court, and you manage to get to "safety", the guards will just go straight for you instead.

I've had the guards attack me but I wasn't sure why bc I wasn't hitting another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbie View Post
    I've had the guards attack me but I wasn't sure why bc I wasn't hitting another player.
    Were you healing them in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Yeah they really suck. If some rogue opens on you just outside the court, and you manage to get to "safety", the guards will just go straight for you instead.
    Yea, if you have some passive that damages your attacker or use CC on them to escape the guards will attack you. If you do nothing and have no passive that deals dmg (like Reflective Shield) they will not attack you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other day I was on my warlock and rogue attacked me. I was waiting for couple of seconds for the guards to kill him but they just stood there like nothing was happening, so I start to defend myself and as soon as I cast my first spell all the guards jumped me.

Now that I think of it, neutral guards are buggy in general.

When I was at Lighthope's Chapel a few months ago, I went afk there. When I came back I was dead and noticed that I had been killed by guards. The reason the guards killed me was appearently because a warlock casted Incinerate on me, I was on my Priest and did not have PW:S up so Reflective Shield could not have caused this, and obviously didn't use any spell as I was afk.

I released spirit, ran back to my corpse and resurrected. The warlock that had attacked me was still there, he started attacking me again, and the guards did nothing against him. Though this time they didn't attack me either, until I healed myself - then they flipped out starting charging me and killed me asap. When I was dead they went back to their positions and left the warlock alone.

It was like he was standing on some speciall spot that made the guards ignore him, and he was just standing on the ground, not rooftops or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like we are dealing with some kind of exploit here.