Execute vs Raging Blow

I still have a hard time knowing what's optimal to use. When I sim my character the values are almost identical with execute having for practical purposes no lead, but it does come out a little ahead on damage per execution averages. With a trinket and 1+ dancing steels it seems to be the clear winner. But outside of a trinket proc rb + hs vs execute seems a lot less clear.

What's the method you in depth numbers people use?

If you just compare the DpE of Execute and Raging Blow they are quite equal in decent levels of gear, but the issue is that you'll swim in rage if you only use RB, meaning you have to compare the DpR of Execute VS. Raging Blow+Heroic Strike. In this equation Execute comes out on top.

With that said, there is currently two ways the top end warriors play during the sub20% phase. Either they prio 3xExe+1xSB inside CS at all times, or they make sure that they never waste any RB Procs, meaning that they'll use RB during CS if they need to in order to not waste any stacks. Both ways work, and they are close to equal in terms of damage output, so chose whichever you find suits you the most.

PS: I'm an Arms warrior, so I may have missed something, I'd wait for one of the good Fury warriors to come and say I'm right/wrong.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what he said.

RB>Execute at high gear levels for DPE. The issue is that Execute>RB+HS.

With this said, simply only sit on one charge of RB (meaning don't waste them by over-writting 2 rb stacks with a fresh rb stack), and use execute.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2014-06-18 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If you just compare the DpE of Execute and Raging Blow they are quite equal in decent levels of gear, but the issue is that you'll swim in rage if you only use RB, meaning you have to compare the DpR of Execute VS. Raging Blow+Heroic Strike. In this equation Execute comes out on top.

With that said, there is currently two ways the top end warriors play during the sub20% phase. Either they prio 3xExe+1xSB inside CS at all times, or they make sure that they never waste any RB Procs, meaning that they'll use RB during CS if they need to in order to not waste any stacks. Both ways work, and they are close to equal in terms of damage output, so chose whichever you find suits you the most.
    Pretty much this. The variance between RB and Execute is so small that it honestly doesn't matter what you do sub 20% as long as you are using one or the other.
    Personally, I always go for 3 Exe + 1 SB during CS and dump RB's outside of CS (working in Heroic Strikes as needed based on Rage income). This does end up wasting a stack of RB every CS phase, but that is acceptable. Rotation is something like;
    BT CS SB Exe Exe Exe BT RB RB BT RB Exe BT RB Exe BT CS

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now when you have your strength pot going and even trinket procs, be sure to take full advantage of Execute due to the AP scaling. I can see 1.8mil executes fairly often if my trinkets proc at a decent time.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Pretty much this. The variance between RB and Execute is so small that it honestly doesn't matter what you do sub 20% as long as you are using one or the other.
    Personally, I always go for 3 Exe + 1 SB during CS and dump RB's outside of CS (working in Heroic Strikes as needed based on Rage income). This does end up wasting a stack of RB every CS phase, but that is acceptable. Rotation is something like;
    BT CS SB Exe Exe Exe BT RB RB BT RB Exe BT RB Exe BT CS
    Thanks for the replies here, the only other questions I've had is in CS windows.

Above 20%: BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB
    Below 20%: BT - CS - Exe - BT - SB - Exe

Mainly to minimize getting screwed on enrage rng, a pretty small chance at this point. But I still have times where I'll get 2 non crit BT in a row, and it sucks and I play to try and minimize the impacts of those. Is just rolling the dice to drop that BT for an execute a personal preference or optimal no matter what? And with the BT in there I can often spam HS even along with execute and storm bolt. But can't say I've ever worked the numbers to see if that's better than an execute or not.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2014-06-18 at 06:55 PM.

Don't forget that you can also get enraged from colossus smash.

So really, to be that unlucky, you need colossus smash to not crit, 2x BTs to not crit, and berserker rage to be on CD...Depending on your gear, but that is indeed a very rare occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Thanks for the replies here, the only other questions I've had is in CS windows.

Above 20%: BT - CS - RB - BT - SB - RB
    Below 20%: BT - CS - Exe - BT - SB - Exe

Mainly to minimize getting screwed on enrage rng, a pretty small chance at this point. But I still have times where I'll get 2 non crit BT in a row, and it sucks and I play to try and minimize the impacts of those. Is just rolling the dice to drop that BT for an execute a personal preference or optimal no matter what? And with the BT in there I can often spam HS even along with execute and storm bolt. But can't say I've ever worked the numbers to see if that's better than an execute or not.
    Save BzR. Even at Crit Cap, I still save BzR for oh shit moments instead of trying to use it rotationally every other CS. I don't even use it for 3 RBs in my opener.
    Sub 20% it is going to be a roll of the dice, but with a 50% crit chance, my CS crits.. well half the time. The other half I use BzR. If I don't get either, then I simply drop an Execute for BT to keep Enrage going. With Recklessness my CS almost never fails to crit.

Thing is, the last 20% is generally very short in any fight; so you can afford to be a little shaky. I know that sounds weird, especially coming from me, because I always talk about how consistency is key to playing Fury, but it is true. Plus or minus an RB/Execute or BT isn't going to change much.

Regarding Heroic Strike; you can fit it inside your Execute rotation for extra damage, but you shouldn't be trying to.
    Next to Execute, Heroic Strike is very rage inefficient (meaning, it does a lot less damage for the same cost), so the only time you want to use Heroic Strike is if you are going to rage cap. I do this sometimes, if my rage spikes high, or if I am getting extra rage from BzStance; but again it isn't something you aim for. If it stops you from being able to use Execute later on, it is a damage loss.

Indeed, all that makes sense and thanks. I figured that was right, but never being much of a number/theorycrafter guy I was having a hard time wrapping my head around the justifications.

Deleted
    I'm not 100% sure when the DPE of Raging Blow overtakes Execute, but siming my own warr. (ilvl585 - Dobó - EU Sylvanas) Rb is 344110 vs. Execute 331402. Meaning that Execute will only be a filler, unless trinket procs.