Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Favourite wow memory?

I think mine was simply getting lost in Ashenvale in BC. But there are so many,
    what is yours?

Mine was making an undead warrior I think and wandering outside of Deathknell and getting to Western Plaguelands than having no idea how to get back to Deathknell so I deleted him. Was fun though getting killed by Bane (Rare plague dog) though. This was at the starting of Vanilla. Got some much more memories but when I look back this one was the funniest imho.

First Lich King 25 man kill.

Deleted
    Running the plains of Mulgore on my first character ever, a Tauren shaman ... I was so deeply in love with the game that I actually just lived it, it wasn't just a game at that time, but real world. Was amazing, the music played a huge part of it as well! <3

Definitely the first time I stepped into the world, and talked to a player for the first time. He approached on a night saber mount which I thought was awesome. He said "hello" without spamming me with things. I don't remember the whole convo, but he said something that stuck with me. He said "you get what you put into the game". All the while he was running with me from teldrassil to stormwind. Stories like that I won't forget.

Right after my guild killed Heroic Atrameties the first time the news went out that Osama bin Ladin was assassinated.

Deleted
    How can this be? MoP was the best expansion to date, wouldn't your favorite memories have come from experiences in MoP?

Server first Lei Shen. Small, 10 man group. I knew all of them. First time I'd been that competitive on WoW bosses since BC after being casual in WotLK and not playing Cata.

Server first Ragnaros (MC) was up there, but with a bunch of strangers to fill out the 40man, it didn't feel as personal or awesome.

My very first character was a Male Orc Warrior..............I lvl'd up by killing monsters up to 19 (heck a lot of boars) and ended up deleting it because I just "discovered" questing.....Hah man I was a newbie

15+ Year Old Account
    First successful ZA bear run (in BC ofc).
    Some first kills: Archimonde, Kael25, Firefighter
    Yeah, it's a constant decline since BC, maybe I'm just getting old and burnt out

My brother, guildmates and I would sometimes get bored with the typical heroics and stuff in Wrath, so sometimes we would go to the Barrens to troll the Horde. Basically, we would take the boat to Ratchet, turn our mounts into reindeers with the Preserved Holly (we always made sure to have plenty on hand), change into RP clothes (I preferred a tux with monocle or top hat with the diamond-tipped cane), and RP walk to Crossroads while saying really stupid shit. Once we were there, we camped outside the Crossroads under a tree with some brush to do some RP "scheming" in secret. This tree came to be known as the Scheming Tree.

Eventually, we would change back into our normal armor and massacre the entire Crossroads, waiting for Horde to show up. For a bit we would have some good, competitive old-fashioned open world PvP going with them, but eventually we would be outnumbered. At this point, we would head south to Taurajo, massacre that town, and before the Horde knew it we would head to Thunder Bluff to troll there. Eventually the same thing happened, with us getting greatly outnumbered, so in the end we would hearth out. Pretty weak end to the story, but I guess you had to be there. Wish I could have gotten a Fraps video.

In the end, for the most part my favorite memories were stuff we made up (besides downing LK for the first time with my guildies). It wasn't instancing or raids (though some moments were a blast, successful or not), but more so just having fun with the guildmates and just doing stupid shit that made us die laughing over Vent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by What-ho Squiffy View Post
    How can this be? MoP was the best expansion to date, wouldn't your favorite memories have come from experiences in MoP?
    Would be interesting to know if people who first played wow in MOP are sentimental about it in future in the same way wrath babies and BC-ers are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy for me. This one is mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5K9BO0Yen4
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Deleted
    First time i killed Sindragosa 10 man heroic with our guild. We got sooo tired of her voice and sooo tired of all the wipes on her but finally managed it. And then LK was just even more epic when we killed it.

I have none of my own, but hubby once fell into Un'Goro on his lowbie hunter (during vanilla) where he cracked up a GM who happened to see it.

Watching a huge fight on my server at Tarren Mill. There were hundreds of us, and watching this one Moonkin Moonfire spam was so cool to me back then!

10+ Year Old Account
    The entirety of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Nothing will ever top that, in my opinion.

If not that, then probably Classic when I played my Enhancement Shaman and Retribution Paladin in PvP.

I won't be original, my favourite memory is playing the game for the first time. I made two characters, a human mage (still my main) and a night elf hunter because I couldn't decide between the 2 classes. I have many fond memories of exploring the world on these two, especially the mage since he's the one I ended up sticking with.

I have too many to boil it down to one so I've done a per-expansion move:

Vanilla - Just all of it; I'm not one of those hyper-nostalgia folks who thinks Vanilla was the greatest era of the game or that it should all go back to that, but even coming from having played EQ and DAoC for a fairly decent period (I admit I was so young I really didn't get into much more than leveling to 65, farming AAs and platinum on my SK in EQL but you know and I did play DAoC in high school with my friends and we sort of did some "end game" stuff) and WoW still just blew me away; the presentation, how lively the world felt because I was an enormous Warcraft lover from WC3; I played it without fail from release until I didn't have time anymore.

BC - My guild's first Illidan kill; that was something else, the fight was so damn long and we were not giving up - weren't the first guild in the region to do it by any means but damn we tried as hard as we could and we did get him before it was too late.

WotLK - Making my Death Knight and starting up the initial quests; I waited patiently for them to finally add the DK to the game and when I saw that German magazine on MMO-C with the LK cover and the DK announcement, I almost fell over dead. I was so happy to finally have my favorite hero and general fantasy archetype added to the game; I have probably to this day never taken my time as much as I did when I was leveling my DK through those starter quests. I have not stopped playing him since.

Cataclysm - Definitely killing heroic Spine; we may not have done it before the 10% buff or 15 whatever it was, but it was weeks of teamwork to finally get that down and I was happy as hell we did it.

MoP - Lei Shen, probably. I admit, I haven't played very "hardcore" this expansion so no major competitive heroic accolades, we're very turtle, my guild. I still think ToT and Lei Shen were the PvE highlights of this expansion and getting ol' LS down for the first time was awesome. Garrosh was a great end-of-tier boss but I don't think I felt as riveted fighting him as LK, KT, KJ/Illidan or Deathwing.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Joining an Alterac Valley where Horde and their Icelord were in our base starting to fight Vandar and then pushing them back all the way into their base, summoning Ivus on the way, andwinning the battleground.

That even tops my first epic loot in Maraudon.