The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Weird PC Problem

Posting this from my mobile here...so about a week ago my PC just refuses to start. I had a ASUS Hero VI motherboard. Power switch wouldn't turn it on and neither would the start button on the board itself. Replaced the CMOS battery, the power supply and ended up replacing the board itself. I finally got the PC turned on (assuming the problem was the board but still not sure). It seems as if the PC doesn't like the new board though. Everything is connected right and running, but the PC itself has started to freeze up when playing Warcraft about an hour into the game to where I have to do a full reset. It's done it after I've walked away from the PC for a few hours as well. I know there's enough thermal on the CPU...is there anything else I could be missing? I still don't get how the old board could have been screwed up...only had it for about 4 months or so. I'm thinking the problem actually lies somewhere else, but the new board IS working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few questions!

What was the old PSU, what is the new one?

Is the new motherboard the same one?

Have you actually checked temperatures?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Hardware list would be super helpful here..

GPU
    RAM
    CPU
    Specific make of PSU
    ect..
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

You don't have any drivers or anything else associated with the old mobo still installed, right? Because if you put in a different board(not the same model), and didn't uninstall the proper things, it could be causing conflicts with whatever you recently installed.

Whatever the case, system specs, old and new, would be helpful.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sorry had a long day at work.

It's Windows 8.1 64 bit
    CPU is an i7-4770k 3.5 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    GPU Is a GTX 660

Power supply went from an Antec 750 Watt to a Thermaltake Smart M 850 Watt
    Motherboard went from an ASUS Hero VI to an MSI Z87-G43

Have not checked the temperatures. Have no idea how to do that. I have about 10 fans running on the inside though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    Have not checked the temperatures. Have no idea how to do that. I have about 10 fans running on the inside though.
    https://www.piriform.com/speccy Install that and the temp for each component should be in summary, you can also check them individually.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be taking forever to analyze. Guessing that's not normal...says the hard drive temp is 33 C