Thread: Captcha hell?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Captcha hell?

What is going on? When I want to enter the site, I suddenly have to fill in a captcha. The one with the numbers in a photo is ALWAYS wrong, so I have to try 10-20 times until I get the one with the two words and then I get in. But EVERY link and button I click sends me back to the captcha page.

I really can't visit MMO-Champion this way What is wrong?

got the same problem, only with mmo-champion.

Deleted
    i just reloaded the site and entered with no captcha redirects. Seems fishy

yeah...i've not seen a captcha on this site, can't even remember there being on on sign up....and i've not seen any today, but then i have addblock/no script.

If I were you I'd probably run a quick virus-check. I'm using noscript and adblocker addons for my FF and I didn't have anything of the sort, might be something to do with malicious scripts somewhere on the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    I've got the same problem, seems to have fixed itself now

I had the same problem, it lasted for about 10 minutes. I didn't enter any captcha though, seemed fishy.

Deleted
    Just had the same issues as well: getting a Cloudflare Captcha for basically all websites using Cloudflare in some way. It seems to be fixed for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoire View Post
    Just had the same issues as well: getting a Cloudflare Captcha for basically all websites using Cloudflare in some way. It seems to be fixed for now.
    Yes definitely had it also on every cloudflare site. Not really any idea what it was.

Any advise from mods of what to do if it happens in the future? Is the captcha request legit or not? People who entered the captcha text couldn't access the site anyway.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where is there a captcha on this site? I've never had to enter it.

I did see a new type of captcha though where there is a wall of letters and numbers quickly moving around and you have to enter the letters and numbers that are moving slowly behind it. That one is a huge pain in the ass to try to read.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Where is there a captcha on this site? I've never had to enter it.
    If you use the search function you have to use captcha. That's why I never search for anything, cos it's annoying.

Probably just some site error showing the captcha where it shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yes definitely had it also on every cloudflare site. Not really any idea what it was.
    The Cloudflare thing that sometimes pops up before loading mmo-champ is for DDoS protection and since it seems to affect only some people, maybe it is a IP range thing? As in "Your range requested more than a certain threshold connections therefore Cloudflare enabled the captchas"?

Deleted
    Not sure if it was a coincidence but I did detect and remove PUPs after getting these captchas. Used Malwarebytes anti malware

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    The Cloudflare thing that sometimes pops up before loading mmo-champ is for DDoS protection and since it seems to affect only some people, maybe it is a IP range thing? As in "Your range requested more than a certain threshold connections therefore Cloudflare enabled the captchas"?
    Sounds reasonable. I asked around a bit and quite a couple of people in my vicinity were not able to access cloudflare sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same, I was getting quite paranoid here that my PC was infected, thought I was the only one here but thank god.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Same stuff here, could not even create a similar topic because of captcha neverending circle. Seems fixed for now.

Thank you for the update!

Glad it's working again, because I need my daily fix of WoW news!