Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ethics of selling Garrosh 25 kill - with a twist

I'm not sure if this is just a scum bag thing to do or if it breaches Blizzard's rules but wanted to read others' views.

So I joined a 25m Garrosh only raid via OQueue. Minimum 570 ilevel requirement. All seemed good for the heirloom run but then I notice in /trade chat that the leader is also advertising the run for sale. Knowing that he cannot trade gold cross realm and that this detail was not in the OQueue description, I asked about it in /raid. After being ignored for about 10mins (The leader just kept saying 'hello' like a robot) I decided to leave the group after making sure others in the raid knew what was happening.

Now I have no problem with people selling a Garrosh kill but I do take offence when someone attempts to use me and others to make gold for the leader whilst we carry someone. Also this was all without the raid leader making this information public to the raid group.

Anyway I reported him to his GM and filled a report but I don't know if any action will be taken. I don't think the player is really breaking the rules and Blizzard don't really seem to care these days about 'bad' people.

p.s. I tracked the raid on Oqueue and the 25m didn't seem to work so later saw him change to a flex. So at least he didn't make any gold this time...

I don't expect he'll be banned or anything, but it was a dick move on his part to try and use others to line his pockets.

Unfortunately Oqueue cares nothing for ethics.

Their raid their rules. That's really all Blizzard cares about when it comes to this. If it bothers you then do as you did and leave.

Deleted
    This is pretty common on my server, especially with Flex kills, and they ask that you do not state in raid that you are paying or you will be kicked, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Their raid their rules. That's really all Blizzard cares about when it comes to this. If it bothers you then do as you did and leave.
    The point is that those that joined via OQ have no idea they are boosting a player so someone else can profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Unfortunately Oqueue cares nothing for ethics.
    How does oQueue have anything to do with one guy running a shady raid group?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    I would have reported them to Blizzard as well. Its on pare with gold-sellers, Account selling which is very much against the rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppah View Post
    Its on pare with gold-sellers, Account selling which is very much against the rules.
    Are you that stupid?

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-06-19 at 02:49 PM.

Blizzard is a business.

Raiding is serious business.

OP's business wasn't serious enough.

You're just sour that you weren't getting a cut of the action.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have reported them to Blizzard as well. Its on pare with gold-sellers, Account selling which is very much against the rules.
    What is there to report? He was selling a run for gold, but recruiting people to help the run, without doing so. It was bad of him to not to have told people that he was making a group too sell runs, however, he was selling that run for in game currency, which I'm pretty sure is fine.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    Blizzard is a business.
    You're just sour that you weren't getting a cut of the action.
    Perhaps a little. I wouldn't mind if everyone knew what they were signing up for.
    I'm most annoyed that I seemed to find a half decent Garrosh 25 kill and it turned out to be to good to be true.

Wait, people are paying for a NORMAL garrosh kill?

Until real money is involved Blizzard does not really care. When someone starts profiting in real life by selling things or services in WoW, then Blizzard has a problem and will do anything in their power to put a stop to it.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's dumb! If anyone is going to pay for a Normal Garrosh kill, at least wait till the pre-patch to Warlords where the BOA drop for your primary spec will be significantly higher.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

It's not the same at all.

Sure, it's a douche move to sell the boost while bringing you along, and not cutting you in, but that still not as bad. Now, the issue is the fact that he can't trade cross-realm, which suggests either he was only taking those from the realm which is perfectly fine (Although, still being a Douche), or selling it for real cash and just hoping if he spams oQueue / OpenRaid / Trade Chat enough, people will stick with it for the full run and he gets his cash.

Damn that is a clever move on the RL. I've wouldn't have thought of ever doing that. What the RL should've done was make sure the buyer was ready to go while/before they assembled the group. Then they are brought in at the 11th hour. RL and Buyer don't mention anything. PuGs carry and RL makes $$$

Come to think of it now, this may happen more often than you think as it sounds so easy to pull off.

Of course it's a scumbag way to make gold, but a way to make gold nonetheless.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bit of a low blow what hes doing, not illegal in any sense of the word, just lame as.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    This is pretty common on my server, especially with Flex kills, and they ask that you do not state in raid that you are paying or you will be kicked, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is that those that joined via OQ have no idea they are boosting a player so someone else can profit.
    And? The raid leader can do whatever they want. If you dislike the run, leave.

This is not exclusive to oqueue. I've seen asshats do this on openraid aswell. Russians and Kazzakians (the realm Kazzak, not the Kazakh people), avoid them as much as possible in pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    This is not exclusive to oqueue. I've seen asshats do this on openraid aswell. Russians and Kazzakians (the realm Kazzak, not the Kazakh people), avoid them as much as possible in pugs.
    I avoid Russians, basically just because if I accidentally mouseover them the tooltip window goes crazy.

There are dicks around, but if the run was 570+ for heirlooms I wouldn't really have cared if the leader got money for it, aslong I would've gotten the kill.