Razer Cacharias suck? Need new headset?

About a year ago I purchased a set of Razer Cacharias, and all my friends say they can clearly hear all my sound through the head set - games, ect. Sometimes I think they even hear the games better than I do. I don't know if its possible that I have a input/output setting messed up somewhere, but when I noticed it a while back I asked some people and they said it was just because the Razer Cacharias was notoriously bad about noise getting through to my mic.

So, if any of you have experience setting this sort of stuff up, any tips on settings I could check to see if they're properly set up?

Alternatively, suggestions on headsets in the $60-130 range that will work out better would be appreciated.

don't get the new sony usb headset. I'm having the same issues with that

10+ Year Old Account
    At your current pricepoint, I'd suggest the Creative Aurvana Live! with an Antlion ModMic.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF006...dp/B000ZJZ7OA/
    http://www.modmic.com/collections/fr...cts/modmic-4-0

If you could up the budget to ~$169 then you'd be pretty solid for a very long time with this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...dp/B000ULAP4U/

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The only fix would be to turn your volume down. Open setup in Vent or something else, and test different volume levels until you find the the level where you don't hear the left speaker sounds bleeding into it. Aside from messing around with all of that, go to Control Panel>Sound and make sure Stereo Mix is disabled, the only thing enabled should be Speakers and Microphone.

The Razer Kraken I have has the same problem, though. When I'm on vent I can turn my WMP volume down from 10 to 5 to go from barely audible to silent, but again, it depends on how loud it is in your left speaker.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-06-20 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never purchase another razer product after all of the issues I've had with them. I have the Steelseries Siberia V2 Frost, and I love it. The sound is awesome, the headset is incredibly comfortable, and it's in your price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I will never purchase another razer product after all of the issues I've had with them. I have the Steelseries Siberia V2 Frost, and I love it. The sound is awesome, the headset is incredibly comfortable, and it's in your price range.
    I agree 100%, my razer mouse and headset have both been...dissapointing.

However I did fix my headset problem - I plugged it into the front jacks insteaad of the rear ones, bypassing a splitter I had installed so i could swap easily between my speakers and headset. It has solved the problem entirely.