Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Got an answer

"You've only been away for a couple of months" Huh..weird. My gametime expired precicely 1 month ago on 24th of May, and my accound has been frozen since. I just got the free 7 days email.

Deleted
    This thread is pointless because only fanboys are allowed to talk (negative opinions are not allowed here).

When I posted the truth behind this offer (link in my sig) the thread got locked by bribed super mod. Peace!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-24 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    This thread is pointless because only fanboys are allowed to talk (negative opinions are not allowed here).

When I posted the truth behind this offer (link in my sig) the thread got locked by bribed super mod. Peace!
    Who gives a fuck, anyway? So fucking what that they are doing a promotion to boost the Q2 reports? Your proof wasn't even proof at all since they even officially stated that they don't count the promotional gametime in their Q reports. Top lel m8. Also, it's a wow fansite... with all your wow hate and the likes of it, why are you still here?
    Last edited by mauserr; 2014-06-24 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft , as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards
    That's all there is to say about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions
    Yet, its hard to believe when its sent 7 days before Q3 (accidents like that DONT happen).

Feel free to disagree with my OPINION, but keep in mind: arguments > infractions

I talked to a gm about it on live chat and he told me it was only for players who been away for a long time, but he gave me 5 days for free as compensation ( love blizz support da best) becuase I thought it was supposed to work on my account but it didnt since I have only been unsubbed for about 2 weeks. Still got the email today and it worked. Got additional 7days so 12 days free gameplay totally. Im happy =)

The quarter 2 call ends on June 30, the same as this offer. They want people to come back so they can boost their numbers a bit.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    The quarter 2 call ends on June 30, the same as this offer. They want people to come back so they can boost their numbers a bit.
    As already posted, not quite so far from this one, free time does NOT count as an active subscription. Take the hate blinders off and the truth is often pretty tame.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    As already posted, not quite so far from this one, free time does NOT count as an active subscription. Take the hate blinders off and the truth is often pretty tame.
    Mind pointing out where I was hating on Blizzard? I enjoy playing their products but that doesn't mean I can't give criticism.

And no duh free time does not count. Do you honestly believe that no one is going to subscribe again from this free week? Take off your own blinders. Right in the e-mail they are encouraging people to come do the legendary quest and they are using the buff as additional incentive. However as everyone knows it takes longer than 1 week to do the legendary quest. So why encourage people to do a legendary quest? To try and hook them into being a subscribe again and finish the quest chain which will take awhile.

So no. Pointing that out isn't hateful. It's just business, and it's a good tactic on which I commend them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind pointing out where I was hating on Blizzard? I enjoy playing their products but that doesn't mean I can't give criticism.

And no duh free time does not count. Do you honestly believe that no one is going to subscribe again from this free week? Take off your own blinders. Right in the e-mail they are encouraging people to come do the legendary quest and they are using the buff as additional incentive. However as everyone knows it takes longer than 1 week to do the legendary quest. So why encourage people to do a legendary quest? To try and hook them into being a subscribe again and finish the quest chain which will take awhile.

So no. Pointing that out isn't hateful. It's just business, and it's a good tactic on which I commend them.
    Well until you posted this post your post reeked of condemnation. Had you just tagged on "I think this is a good idea" or even your last line of this post no one would think you're hating on Blizzard.

It's all about how you say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't ever click anything in the e-mails.

99% of the time anything they give you/offer is in your account management. If I see something like this, I go there and it's pretty obvious if it's legit or not~

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    From my experience the 7 days are automatically added to your battlenet account when the email is sent. You just need to log in and it will be there, no codes or links required. You can't use it whenever you want, if its legit it is already started. The clock is ticking!
    That's not true. My accounts are frozen. If I click on the link I'm taken to a page where I can choose which account to activate...

Deleted
    If there had been any new content for a long time then then this might have had been an interesting offer.

Deleted
    Is this working for anyone on EU? Keep getting 404'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    They can redefine subscribers however they want in every new quarterly report.
    Of course not. If you did, you could never compare subscription numbers to one another, making them all useless. Promotions like this are done all through the year, not just 'right before' quarterly reports. Those 7 days won't count towards the subscription figures, but obviously Blizzard hopes people will resubscribe after this promotion, in time to make it in the next report.

Deleted
    EU player here, cancelled sub for about 4 month. Got email, checked web address and SSL cert seemed legit. Clicked on button and 7 days game time

Guess it's something to stop me spending money in the Steam sale

My sub only recently ran out and I got it aswell? O.o

Wouldn't it have made alot more sense to do this when the WoD prepatch was live? :/ People who quit half a year ago could have cleared SoO on heroic and still be met with almost no new content (new season and increased valor item buff ahoy).

Deleted
    True story ,got mail for 2 of my account's that are 5 months+unsubbed.
    Main that is almost 2 month unsubbed nothing (Eu).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Except people with only 2 months away got their free week(on this thread).... Maybe you could reopen the ticket to see if you can still get it. I was thinking about trying that since I didn't get my free week =p
    he did say "most of". However, have you been away before aswell?

Both my bf and I got this promotion the last couple of days, and we've currently been away 6 months. However, each account both has more than 2 years away in total since Cataclysm.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    *snip*
    Just go to your Bnet account management page. On the bottom there will be a promotions tab which has the 7 days. Click it and follow through and boom, it's applied.
    BAD WOLF