Shigeru Miyamoto interested in bringing Minecraft to the Wii U and 3DS

http://www.gengame.net/2014/06/shige...wii-u-and-3ds/

Minecraft has gone from being a little-known indie game to being a household name. The popular crafting game is now available on virtually every video game platform except Nintendo’s Wii U and 3DS. Could that be about to change? Nintendo gurus Shigeru Miyamoto and Shinya Takahashi weighed in on the subject, and you can catch their thoughts after the jump.

Kotaku’s Stephen Totilo recently sat down with Shigeru Miyamoto and Shinya Takahashi (software planning division) of Nintendo and picked their brains about the possibility of Minecraft on Nintendo. Miyamoto praised Minecraft‘s style, comparing it to Mario Maker, while Takahashi talked about the benefits of touch controls and expressed interesting in Nintendo popularizing the game in Japan.

We’ve always thought internally that using the [Wii U] GamePad would probably make for a Minecraft that’s very easy to play. And, of course, if we were to do something with Minecraft on the 3DS, similarly we would probably do it where it would be easier to play and could probably reach a lot of kids.

What’s interesting is that, in Japan, Minecraft is not popular in the way it is in the U.S. and Europe, so we’ve also thought that, if we were able to do a partnership like that, it might bring opportunity to help make Minecraft more popular in Japan.
    Miyamoto then chimed in that Nintendo’s consoles are the only hardware that offer both touch controls and stick controls. He ended the interview by teasing “Maybe we’re meeting with them! Who knows?”

That would be cool, and Minecraft on the 3DS would probably sell a lot better than on the Vita, but personally I'll already have it on the Vita by the time that rolls around.

I already have minecraft on the PC. I wouldn't get it for my 3ds at all. They need something better then minecraft for the Wii-U. Mostly young teens play minecraft. Well, they are the volcal majority.

wii u and pocket ehh is anything sacred anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd buy it for the Wii U.

Please let this happen. This game would be amazing with gamepad/touch screen support.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.