Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Let's not forget Magmaw from BWD: the boss Blizzard deliberately designed to be 100% IMMUNE to Killing Spree.

Because the moment you try, you're dead. And floating in lava.

Magmaw is generally killing spree safe. And by generally, I mean the ONLY time it will kill you is if the impaled head comes back up mid-spree. If you do your full spree on an impaled head, or when magmaw is standing up, you won't die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep this to current tier listings of places to be careful using KS. While there's always an ongoing discussion of past fights (relevant) and the theory of KS, people have been kind enough to collate the occasions on which KS is dangerous - if you have workarounds or more situations to add, do so, but please don't drag this off-topic.

-Kael

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    indeed, however, I can tell you from experience that shadowstep DOES put you behind him. but why you would want to ShS ultraxion is beyond me....
    Let's see ... recently running some non-raider guildies through DS for achieves ... had grown accustomed to using a shadow step/ambush macro as an opener ... /facepalm

Back closer to topic. Even though KS probably isn't a great tradeoff in terms of damage to the boss vs. deaths to the rogue, I still love it. In the days before everyone had shadowstep, it was a useful as a short range teleport like when the boss runs to reposition themselves or getting out of bad (I would save it to quickly get on top of the columns in the Nefarian fight).

Back on topic. One general category where KS can be troublesome is against any boss with a tail swipe. That's not an instant death (at least on always), but it's very irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Calycia View Post
    Let's see ... recently running some non-raider guildies through DS for achieves ... had grown accustomed to using a shadow step/ambush macro as an opener ... /facepalm

Back closer to topic. Even though KS probably isn't a great tradeoff in terms of damage to the boss vs. deaths to the rogue, I still love it. In the days before everyone had shadowstep, it was a useful as a short range teleport like when the boss runs to reposition themselves or getting out of bad (I would save it to quickly get on top of the columns in the Nefarian fight).

Back on topic. One general category where KS can be troublesome is against any boss with a tail swipe. That's not an instant death (at least on always), but it's very irritating.
    Though that doesn't apply to Thok. His tail swipe will not hurt you if you are in KS.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Quote Originally Posted by Dropndestroyrr View Post
    Though that doesn't apply to Thok. His tail swipe will not hurt you if you are in KS.
    If you don't use the minor glyph, it can hurt+stun you while running back to position if he swipes after the spree is done.

Other very dangerous times to killing spree: Thok during kite phase (he'll nom you), and durumu during maze phase (during spree you'll be counted as touching the beam so it'll kill you).

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    If you don't use the minor glyph, it can hurt+stun you while running back to position if he swipes after the spree is done.

Other very dangerous times to killing spree: Thok during kite phase (he'll nom you), and durumu during maze phase (during spree you'll be counted as touching the beam so it'll kill you).
    Thok breaks the laws of physics. Killing spree attacks from behind and teleports you so that you are always behind the object. Thok eats players who are in front of him. Thok also eats rogues who are killing spreeing behind him because they count as in front. Magic dinosaur! Thok in general is a stupid fight for melee. Sure it's possible to attack him during the kite phase but even if you do everything perfect there's still a chance he'll randomly kill you from behind.

Sha you can hit feint and the puddles you spawn behind him are fine.

Norushen you don't actually teleport to the middle of the boss but you do teleport behind him and depending on the position of the beam there's a good chance it'll kill you. I always cloak before using killing spree and it's become some what of a habbit and one time it wasn't up yet and I thought I had pushed the button out of habbit and I survived because the beam was passing on a different side of the boss.

Sha of pride not only will killing spree kill you if you use it and get banished but it also keeps you in the center of the room if you get imprisoned as well and might fool some people into not breaking you out since you don't actually show up inside the prison. That fight is pretty buggy all around for killing spree.

On Nazgrim if you have the glyph of killing spree it could port you back to where a slam is but w/o the glyph killing spree should be over with enough time to move out of the blast. W/o the glyph I've found myself flying after the boss and had more than enough time to get out but it was when I accidentally forgot to turn the glyph off that I'd end up hitting the slam.

Similar with malkorok if you have the glyph on you can port back to where a slam hit.

Spoils not really a big big deal but if the tank has a mob in a bad position you can die from the puddles on the mantid side.

On seigecrafter using the glyph will screw you up so make sure to turn it off if you're doing the belts. Also, on the belts if you know you'll go through fire just use cloak and you'll be fine.

Garrosh it won't kill you but if you're in the middle of a killing spree when the transition phase happens there's a chance you'll get stuck in the room and not get transitioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Sha of pride not only will killing spree kill you if you use it and get banished but it also keeps you in the center of the room if you get imprisoned as well and might fool some people into not breaking you out since you don't actually show up inside the prison. That fight is pretty buggy all around for killing spree.
    Killing spree will only kill you on a banish if you use the minor glyph. If you don't, he ports you and since he's not targetable anymore, it will just stop the spree. if you use the minor glyph, it will place you where you where when you started--which is probably in a wall. This has happened to me. I survived. Cheat death is a powerful thing.

It's just such an awful ability. I've been put outside fights because the tank got to close to a wall or door. I know some rogues think it's great for dividing the good versus the very good but it just is not rewarding enough for the trouble. At the very least, we should be immune to damage in PvE and if that lets us game some encounters, well, that makes up for an ability that occasionally drops us through the world.

Still don't see why our shadow can't go on the killing spree and leave us pleasantly continuing our rotation...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Killing spree will only kill you on a banish if you use the minor glyph. If you don't, he ports you and since he's not targetable anymore, it will just stop the spree. if you use the minor glyph, it will place you where you where when you started--which is probably in a wall. This has happened to me. I survived. Cheat death is a powerful thing.
    Whenever I've gotten it it's always from the center of the boss where I'm currently in the process of killing spree not where I started and porting there from the middle of the room through 2 or 3 walls to the corner. It totally fucks with my role playing immersion too since you're character is all levitating over the walls and everything yet still taking damage.

Use it on elegon pillars in p2, it will send you falling down "to the mount vendor"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing Spree during Mimiron is extremely ballzy.

As a whole, it's a surprisingly BAD design, this coming from someone who originally mained a rogue and WANTS to like it

On seigecrafter using the glyph will screw you up so make sure to turn it off if you're doing the belts. Also, on the belts if you know you'll go through fire just use cloak and you'll be fine.
    I actually really like using the glyph for the belts. Im able to position myself exactly where I want to be (where I think the weapon will be) when I get out of KS and immediately start attacking.

Good old Dying Spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Guess I'm not remembering correctly. I figured that if shadowstep would (and still does) cause you to die so would killing spree.
    For some reason known only to themselves, Blizzard programs the "back" for the purposes of KS and ShS separately. On several bosses KS is fixed but ShS drops your ass off the edge. Because fuck you for playing Sub (pre-MoP).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Most of these are possible ways of dying.

The ones you really can die to every week, unless you are careful, are:

- Norushen, so make sure you COS to avoid Blind Hatred.
    - Shamans, if the tank turns the boss so the fire wall hits you (which is physical damage so cloak won't save you).
    - Siegecrafter, the fire lines on the belt. Unless you outgear it and the belt machine dies earlier, save COS for last line of fire beams, so you can KS through it.
    - Paragons - Rapid Fire

Also, on Garrosh HC, don't KS when Malaice is about to be summoned, or your raid will hate you.

I agree, and would rather just have a single global ability, like Stormbolt, which is available every 30 secs and does the same or maybe a bit less damage. This ability has plagued me forever.

From my experience , its better to be safe and cloak and use killing spree rather than relying on timing to avoid stuff. Also f**k thok, seriously who the hell designed the kite phase. Apart from thok, there is no other boss that will kill you for using killing spree even if you use cloak with it.
    Also to contribute to the thread, you can die on siegecrafter while using ks if you are on main platform(not on belt duty) and use it during empowered magnet phase with bad timing, use cloak & ks just to be safe.
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkek View Post
    I actually really like using the glyph for the belts. Im able to position myself exactly where I want to be (where I think the weapon will be) when I get out of KS and immediately start attacking.
    Not exactly sure what you're doing but it sounds like you're wasting killing spree for positioning? Like, if you're using KS for a weapon you're not killing just to position yourself so you can attack the correct weapon seems like a pretty big waste. If you're saving your CDs for the weapon on the belt and you open with KS and then AR afterwards to reduce the CD of KS but have the glyph on after you KS it'll spawn you way back far on the belt out of range of the weapon.

Honestly I cant see a reason to use the glyph on this fight at all. If you're stuck on the boss then still you want to keep the glyph off so that if the boss ever gets moved for ground spikes or anything then you'll stay on the boss and not get ported back out of range. If you're on the belt then you should be using KS on the correct weapon and you don't want to get ported back as well.

Not exactly sure what you're doing but it sounds like you're wasting killing spree for positioning? Like, if you're using KS for a weapon you're not killing just to position yourself so you can attack the correct weapon seems like a pretty big waste. If you're saving your CDs for the weapon on the belt and you open with KS and then AR afterwards to reduce the CD of KS but have the glyph on after you KS it'll spawn you way back far on the belt out of range of the weapon.

Honestly I cant see a reason to use the glyph on this fight at all. If you're stuck on the boss then still you want to keep the glyph off so that if the boss ever gets moved for ground spikes or anything then you'll stay on the boss and not get ported back out of range. If you're on the belt then you should be using KS on the correct weapon and you don't want to get ported back as well.
    No not at all, you can pre plan for where the weapon will be when you get out of KS. So you can be in position as soon as its targettable which is basically where you spawn when you drop down but you cant be on the division between two conveyors. When you get out of KS you are right next to the weapon, there is no loss of dps. Im not saying that you need the minor glyph just that it doesnt hurt and can be used on the belts.

Deleted
    Managed an interesting two deaths last night. 25h Klaxxi - assisting on Hisek and KS' d - ate his 3 random bolts between rapid fire for insta death. Later on - the Manipulator (the one with the sonic booms) tagged me during KS. Also occasionally get tagged on Korven when KS' ing too. Disappointed that only mages (alter time) have a CD which they need to use to be competitive that also has the penalty of death if the proverbial hits the fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black temple souls.

If you use killing spree in 2nd phase, there is a good chance you gona die. Damage can be avoided with cloack tho.
    Don't sweat the details!!!