Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Fear duration nerf isn't justified, but fear should not make your character run. You should tremble in place like the Horrify effects.
    Still wouldn't matter. If anything it could be stronger when used on the kill target since it would literally work as a 3-4 sec stun at that point.

Fear should just work like Dragon's Breath where it won't break from DoTs but will break from a direct attack and in return for that, stuff like Tremor Totem has to be toned down further.

I can't tell if this question is a troll question or not?

I mean fear moves you away, which means that after the CC ends, if your melee, you still have "CC time" running back up to your target.

Fear also does not break on damage most the time and sometimes you can go from full to dead while someone fear spams you, its pretty bad.

Poly also heals the target.... so..

Just wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Fear should just work like Dragon's Breath where it won't break from DoTs but will break from a direct attack
    Not a bad idea.. tremor is broken regardless though.

Still wouldn't matter. If anything it could be stronger when used on the kill target since it would literally work as a 3-4 sec stun at that point.

Fear should just work like Dragon's Breath where it won't break from DoTs but will break from a direct attack and in return for that, stuff like Tremor Totem has to be toned down further.
    Even playing as a shaman, I agree with this. SP & locks suffer from Tremor, berserker rage and things like lich born the most, since it's usually their go to spell for control. While in the case of LB, it's a wide immunity, they are still prone to roots, which both shaman and mage are able to utilize in WoD.

How high do you think the fear damage threshhold will be in WoD?
    Last edited by Shisui-kun; 2014-06-24 at 09:48 AM.

Deleted
    You can't compare fear to polymorph without looking at the entire toolkit of the classes that have it.
    That said, fear has plenty of counters while polymorph pretty much has none.

So if you wanna have both cc types to be equilly as powerfull, you'll have to give locks and priests frost nova, frostjaw and all that jazz aswell.
    Think if you did that, a bigger shit storm will come compared to fear staying as it is (wich has been fine for a long time).

Fear was OP 8 years ago when it pretty much didn't break from damage and was spammable without DR, now it breaks within 2 seconds and has DR.

It's pretty obvious OP plays a Lock based on his biased opinion. Polymorph is no where near on the level of Fear in terms of how strong of a CC it is. One CC does not break on impact and forces the character affected to move in a random direction, while another breaks on impact and leaves the character within the same location.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure that would be a buff for Affliction Warlocks and perhaps for Shadow Priests as well

Deleted
    The most annoying thing with fear is how it makes you run around like a retard.

Deleted
    Also to note is that fear affects pretty much all targets in PvP equally and has several ways of being instant cast, it's countered by some classes like shaman but its still usable and forces a cooldown. Poly doesn't really mean anything to druid.

Poly is still one of the most powerful CCs but only really applicable when you only need to CC for a short time, fear can do more.

The only disadvantage that fear has over poly from what I can see is that it's easily countered by some classes but for most, it's just awful to deal with. One of the reasons I love my shaman over any other class is that fear doesn't mean much to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    I'm fairly sure that would be a buff for Affliction Warlocks and perhaps for Shadow Priests as well
    It wouldn't necessarily. Fear would work exactly like it does now except it would break from any direct damage.

Currently fear doesn't break from dots anyways and stuff like pet attacks, malefic grasp (drain soul come WoD) and mind flay would still count as direct attacks towards the "new" fear and break the effect. That way fear will be used as off CC, maybe generate some extra pressure on the healer with DoTs and whatnot.

Even with the 2 sec duration nerf, the total amount you'll be CCed by the lock will still be like 10.5 opposed to 14 seconds. That's only 3.5 less seconds you'll be constantly chain CCed by every 20-25 seconds (don't forget theoretically fear will come off DR quicker as well so you'll be, in theory, feared more frequently as well)

It's just, fear is such a powerful spammable CC right now that it has so many uses and even with double tremor totem, zerker rage, lichborne, nimble brews it's STILL overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't necessarily. Fear would work exactly like it does now except it would break from any direct damage.

Currently fear doesn't break from dots anyways and stuff like pet attacks, malefic grasp (drain soul come WoD) and mind flay would still count as direct attacks towards the "new" fear and break the effect. That way fear will be used as off CC, maybe generate some extra pressure on the healer with DoTs and whatnot.
    As far as I know, Malefic Grasp, Drain Soul, and Mind Flay for Shadow Priests are considered as DoTs by the game and not as Direct Damage, meaning that aside from pet damage, an Affliction Warlock would only be able to break Fear with Haunt.
    As long as other people don't screw up with direct damage, Fear is not going to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    As far as I know, Malefic Grasp, Drain Soul, and Mind Flay for Shadow Priests are considered as DoTs by the game and not as Direct Damage, meaning that aside from pet damage, an Affliction Warlock would only be able to break Fear with Haunt.
    As long as other people don't screw up with direct damage, Fear is not going to break.
    Doesn't fear have the same mechanic as frost nova? After a certain amount of damage the CC will break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Doesn't fear have the same mechanic as frost nova? After a certain amount of damage the CC will break.
    Yep, we were just having a little discussion about another post in case you missed that

Deleted
    Fears aren't that bad, just one class being too op with the combination of fear and their shitty pets.

Pet cc is removed, is a good thing, now they just need to add a 10sec cd to the lock fear so they can't endlessly spam it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Comparing a cooldown CC to a spammable CC is like trying to compare an apple to an orange. Yes, they're both fruits, but why in the hell would you compare two completely different things?
    It doesn't matter if they're on a cooldown or not, they're both polymorphic crowd control's. You've really got your panties in a knot if you think Polymorph is the worst crowd control in the game. To think Mages are complaining about the lack of or potential of their own crowd control... what's this world coming to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Fears aren't that bad, just one class being too op with the combination of fear and their shitty pets.

Pet cc is removed, is a good thing, now they just need to add a 10sec cd to the lock fear so they can't endlessly spam it.
    and then be melee food.. the class has no roots, guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post

sure if we remove gapclosers

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    To be honest with you, I rather see the fear and root breakers removed or getting a hefty cooldown. Berserker rage is just lame in terms of hard countering and fear would be fine if some of these mechanics get reworked.

Fear glyph is great for chaining cc, but getting someone out of comfortable positioning can be a great thing too. Polymorph has alot of DR's too: Freezing trap, blind, hex, repentance, sap etc. And poly also has the downside of breaking on damage, hence why I think the 6 second duration is justified. It's just that all the breakers make fear a pretty bad cc for control.
    This. Reducing the fear/root breaks is the better option instead of buffing fear (a big no on this).
    I'd also rather have poly reduced to 6s but the health regen severely nerfed as compensation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Which would then force Fear (and similar nerfed effects) to 4 to prevent it from being just 100% better than Polymorph in every way.

Everyone always thinks Poly is soooo good. Breaks on 1 point of damage and fully heals a player. Hell, I'd argue it to be the WORST CC in the game, and yet the OP thinks it's too good; what a joke.
    You're obviously biased. While fear is currently 'superior' to poly (not by much) it's not even close to being the worst cc in game.

Of course it's justified, fear sends you flying off to Africa while dot's and dmg carry on.

Poly keeps you in the same spot, breaks on dmg, and heals you while you're in it. I'd go as far to say the poly is the most balanced CC in game. Changing it when it isn't broken would be ridiculous.